IGNORED

Bushnell Medalist vs Leupold GX-I

Note: This thread is 4781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

they look pretty similar in terms of specs and i cant decide which one to get? anybody have any experience with either of them or have a preference one way or the other?

In My Ozone Stand Bag:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood: Burner 15* Stiff
Hybrid: Burner 19* Stiff
Irons: Tour Burner 4-GWWedges: CG14 54.12, 58.12Putter: SabertoothBall: TP Back Rangefinder: GX-IHome Course: http://www.strawberryridgegolfcourse.com/

never used the Leupold but have had a Bushnell for 5 years and had one problem which they fixed for free and did it in a timely fashion.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I can only speak for the Medalist.

I have one, it's fantastic. I used an older Bushnell for years and hands down the Medalist with Pinseeker blows away the older technology.

The Medalist is lightweight, incredibly accurate, uses 9 volt batteries that are available anywhere and last forever. I don't know why anyone would choose any other laser, even the Bushnell 1500 has very little over the Medalist. (trust me, I need no readings over 900 yards)

I use my Medalist for every approach shot, and a few other times each round scoping out hazards, beverage chicks and whatnot. It's never failed to grab the target quickly and accurately.

As far as the Leopold goes, from what I read, it's a great unit. Not sure what the big deal is on selecting reticles is, but for some, that appears to be a can't miss "feature". I also think that it's waterproof which on some days would be one less thing to worry about.

For convenience, accuracy and speed, I'd challenge any unit on the market.

I bought my Medalist for $145 new from Ebay. Not sure what the GX-1 goes for, but I'd be amazed if it's less than that.

I don't think you could go wrong with either unit.

• Administrator
I bought my Medalist for $145 new from Ebay. Not sure what the GX-1 goes for, but I'd be amazed if it's less than that.

They're both $299 retail. eBay, sure, you can probably find either for half off.

I'm going to stand up for the Leupold. I think it's a better system. It's smaller and easier to hold. And they advertise here, but I only let them over someone else because I believe in their products. Our review of the GX-I came out well before they began advertising.
None

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I chose the GX-I simply due to the more compact size. It felt more com

It has performed excelent, no problem picking up a pin quickly. Can quickly scan to front and back of green too if you can see them from where you are standing.

-E

In my Grom bag:

Driver........... Burner 9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood......... Burner 15* S-Flex
5-Wood......... Ovation 18* S-FlexIrons............. Pro Combos 3,5-PW Rifle 6.0Wedges......... CG12 52.10, 56.14, 60.10Putter............ 33" VP1 Milled PutterBall................ e6+ or B330-SRangefinder.....

I too have a medalist and although it's a bit bulky compared to some of the newer range finders, I have no real problems with it's size or performance. Althought I'm sure the Leupold is also an excellent range finder, I can't really say anything about it because I've never used one.

What I Play!

x86 Stand Bag
Driver: 907D2 10.5* w/EPIC-S
Irons: 735.CM irons 4-PW PX 5.5FW Wood: 909F2 15.5* Aldila Voodoo SHybrid: 909.H 21* Diamana Blue Board SWedges: Vokey 250.08 (oil can), Spin Milled 54.11 & 60.07 (Black Ni)Studio Select 2.5Ball: Pro-V1x/Bridgestone B330s (or anything I...

My leupold has been very reliable, and i like the fact that you can choose your aming recticle. I bought one after i read the review by iacas, and have had no need to switch to any other. The case it comes with is very cool, and has a handle, so you can hook it up to your bag for easy acesss during your round.

• 1 year later...

I am looking at the medalist tomorrow, and the guy is asking $159.00.  I will try it out on a few flags and other items at my club to make sure it's working properly.  If it checks out, I think I will buy it.  He says he was recently given a GPS as a gift and says he doesn't need both, but I'm a little concerned with the price being lower than what I see on e-bay and other places......but if it works I think I will buy it.

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5* , Aldila RIP’d stiff shaft (60g).

Ping G10 15* Hybrid
Callaway Heavan Wood 19* Hybrid
Putter: T-Line XXIV Tommy Armour

Ping i/3 Irons green dot
Cleveland 60* Lob wedge, Ping 56* Sand wedge, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52* wedge, Ping 48* wedge.

Ball: TaylorMade

Note: This thread is 4781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!