IGNORED

Driver goes left.

Note: This thread is 5525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok so I'm still new and have always been a slicer with my driver and woods. It seems I had my grip to weak, and once I corrected that I was able to strighten out my drives.

This weekend my drive would take off staight as an arrow, but about 15* left of center. no hoook or draw. WTF with that? How do I correct this. A good drive for me is about 250 yrds, and 220 is normal. If I need to give you more info, let me know.

In my bag are
Hibore XLS 10.5*
Hibore XLS 22* 3i Hybrid
TA7 irons 3-PW, SW
CG11 60* LW VP #5 putter.

if your driver is going straight left then you probably have an outside-inside swing path. so at impact your club is swinging at that 15* left (inside) of your target line. The clubface is still square to that line so the ball is going straight. Now how to fix that is a different story.

So were I to do this with a face that is square to my target, I would be slicing, right?

In my bag are
Hibore XLS 10.5*
Hibore XLS 22* 3i Hybrid
TA7 irons 3-PW, SW

Oh lucky for you thats an easy fix! April Fools! As mentioned before the driver going left usually indicates an over the top or off plane swing. The signs of an over the top, or off plane swing are, pulling the ball left, slicing and/or extreme pull/fades. You can set up right or strengthen your grip but this usually causes further problems down the road.

If you need some convincing or just practice try aligning yourself directly at a target with a completely nuetral grip, square face and try to execute a push draw or push/hook. So start the ball well right and hook it or draw it back. Its cool because its impossible to do this with an over plane swing. If you look over at swing academy you'll notice that nearly everyone that isn't single digit or scratch has this same 'above plane' affliction.

My friend and I have been working on this on plane madness for about a year now. He is a good example of how hard it is to get on plane, well him and charles barkely *FLATTER says haney * After a year or so and lots of work and analysis his swing plane with his driver is about where a good golfers is with a short iron... *Tiger shown with short iron, his driver plane is 45 degrees*

Thats as flat as he can get, he compensates for this by aligning 30 degrees right and snapping the club face shut with a strong grip achieving a push draw and sometimes a hook off the course

So my advice is think and go flatter until you start pushing the ball well right with no spin or push-hooking with no additional compensations as mentioned above.

Thank you for taking the time to respond in such detail. I guess it wouldn't be fun if it were easy...

In my bag are
Hibore XLS 10.5*
Hibore XLS 22* 3i Hybrid
TA7 irons 3-PW, SW

Yes. Correcting your path is the first step. Once you get the path more inside to out, you can work on squaring the clubface.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!