IGNORED

What makes a golf course "women-friendly"?

Golfgal
Note: This thread is 5513 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Women do not have as much clubhead speed as men. This is of course why they do not hit the ball as far and why tee position IS important.

I agree, when I have played with my female family members this is especially frustrating to them, especially on par 3s over water or ravines.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

wow... some of the responses in this thread make me think some of you guys hate women... guess that just means more for me... hahaha... i would love a course that caters to women rather than crotchety old farts who think they own the world... a course full of natalies/lorenas/annikas... ohh my... would definately improve the view...

my girl wanted to add that it'd be nice to have a ball wash station nearer to the front tees... or at least between the front and the backs...

shoe spike brushes on the back bumper of the carts along with a club wash...
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Hey Tiy! Oh, as a Canuck, I envy you and the warm weather...

I don't know if you have visited before or have budget concerns, but if you were to splurge on one round I would recommend the Saguaro course at We-Ko-Pa. I can't speak to its woman friendliness, but I would consider it the top public course in the area and a must play as a visiting golfer. It is a desert style course, a core routing without housing intrusion, and with uninterrupted and most gorgeous views of the surrounding mountains. Saguaro has some of the widest fairways you will find in a desert type course, however that doesn't mean that there aren't choices to be made and good shots to pull off. In addition, the course is set up for walking, with tee boxes immediately adjoining the nearby greens. In fact, because the course is cart path only, it is better to walk. Sun Mountain push carts are available for those choosing to walk.

There are literally hundreds of courses in the greater Phoenix area so you won't lack from choices!

I don't know if you have visited before or have budget concerns, but if you were to splurge on one round I would recommend the Saguaro course at We-Ko-Pa. I can't speak to its woman friendliness, but I would consider it the top public course in the area and a must play as a visiting golfer. It is a desert style course, a core routing without housing intrusion, and with uninterrupted and most gorgeous views of the surrounding mountains. Saguaro has some of the widest fairways you will find in a desert type course, however that doesn't mean that there aren't choices to be made and good shots to pull off. In addition, the course is set up for walking, with tee boxes immediately adjoining the nearby greens. In fact, because the course is cart path only, it is better to walk. Sun Mountain push carts are available for those choosing to walk.

I wasn't able to work We Ko Pa this time, but I sure do want to play it. I love that it is walkable. This week I'm playing

Legend Trail Sunridge Canyon Grayhawk Hilton Sedona Can't wait! Cheers Gayle

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

I'll tell you what makes a course "women-friendly"...

It's when women learn to quit taking so long on the course! I will never understand why a foursome of women will take 25% longer on a hole/round than men...and not just because of handicaps or skills. I can't tell you how many times I've watched from 180 yards out a bunch of women on the green, none of them over a putt, discussing something. Then they'll go to the carts, put the clubs up, count some strokes, discuss something, and NOT MOVE! I don't want to hit because I might pull/push a shot, but come on already!

Or how about the countless times one will hit, they'll watch the ball, and then the other woman walks over to her ball 10 yards away (lateral) and then begin to explore her options (change clubs a few times, discuss something with her cartmate, etc.) You should have been thinking about your shot while your playing partner was hitting.

And, women are notorious for being less likely to let faster groups/singles play through.

If you want women-friendly courses, have women start being more friendly.

Note: This thread is 5513 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!