IGNORED

Mizuno introduces the sound of feel

Note: This thread is 5486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wonder if they have a bell choir over there too. Does anyone really believe that sound has that great of an impact on feel? Maybe next week Callaway will reveal how their irons are more buoyant and, therefore, have better feel. It seems like hogwash to me (that better sound=better feel).

im with denver_nuggs on this one. i dont understand how a

I'm going to go ahead and agree with you guys... nice little marketing trick, but really has nothing to do with the club's performance. Mizunos are nice, but I liked my Adams irons better, and no guy "tinking" on my clubs will change that. Not to mention... last time I checked they make fairly similar noises to other golf clubs when all shafted up and hitting a golf ball instead of a little metal bar.

Just go on Ebay. About 7 months ago my bag was all Titleist and Id say it cost me less than $500 to make the switch.

just curious, but why did you want to switch to all Mizuno so bad... did Mizumo clubs outperform all others in EACH club, or did you just think it would be cool? I have always been a proponent of using what works best for me... that's why my driver looks like a toaster, I play irons made by a company that some people think only makes old man clubs, and my 3-wood is from a company that no longer exists.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats bad ass lol i teach percussion during the summers at the highschool every once in a while ill bust out the triangle for lil things lol, screw that im getting a mizuno club head =]

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

thats bad ass lol i teach percussion during the summers at the highschool every once in a while ill bust out the triangle for lil things lol, screw that im getting a mizuno club head =]

Lol, good idea, but I wouldnt want to damage those beauties.

Mizzy's are nice, definitly near the top of the market, if not the top. The AP2's are very nice too though.

Mizuno makes a great iron and there is no taking that away from them. That said, I prefer Titleist. The marketing technique is interesting and I'm sure will sell a lot of clubs (and convince a lot of people as well). However, maybe it's just me but I thought he was striking the Mizunos on the front edge of the sole while striking all other clubs in the center of the face. I'm no musician, but I'd be willing to place a wager that'll definitely have an effect on the sound.

R7 Superquad

Exotics 18*

Exotics 25*

AP2 (2008)

CG15 56* & 60*

Rossa Imola 8

TP Black LDP

LOL, what a bunch of bullshit. I don't question that Mizuno makes great irons, but that demo means nothing - not to mention the fact that he raps the Mizunos hard on the edge and then when he does the competitor clubs he taps much lighter and across the whole face.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

Mizuno makes a great iron and there is no taking that away from them. That said, I prefer Titleist. The marketing technique is interesting and I'm sure will sell a lot of clubs (and convince a lot of people as well). However, maybe it's just me but I thought he was striking the Mizunos on the front edge of the sole while striking all other clubs in the center of the face. I'm no musician, but I'd be willing to place a wager that'll definitely have an effect on the sound.

Where you strike it isn't such a big difference. If it was a drum, it would make a difference.

I may be wrong, but the idea of the sound relates to the forging. To achieve the sustain that they are getting from the club heads, the metal has to have continuity. For example, a guitar string. Change the tension on it, it will change the tone. Also, a hammer doesn't ring when struck. I think the sound was a by product of their forging process, which is a cool one. Yes I do believe it makes a difference in the way it feels. Probably the reason a pure shot is like butter.

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

k srixon makes a great forged iron that is more durable then the mizuno forging maybe not as good of "feel" but there mighty good

15 yrs old

DriverBurner 10.5 degree stiff flexFairway Burner 15 degree proforce 75 gram regular flex Hybridrescue dual 19 degree stiff flexHybrid edge cft hybrid 24 degree stiff flex Irons progressive XC 5-PW regular HOPING FOR TOUR PREFERRED's!SW rac satin tp wedge 56 degreesLW spin milled...

Where you strike it isn't such a big difference. If it was a drum, it would make a difference.

Cymbals sound way different depending on where and how you strike them. Why wouldn't a clubhead?

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

just curious, but why did you want to switch to all Mizuno so bad... did Mizumo clubs outperform all others in EACH club, or did you just think it would be cool? I have always been a proponent of using what works best for me... that's why my driver looks like a toaster, I play irons made by a company that some people think only makes old man clubs, and my 3-wood is from a company that no longer exists.

For me personally, Ive always hit my Mizunos prety well and feel really comfortable with them.

IMO, in irons and wedges they do outperform and in woods, while you do sacrafice a little distance (up until the MX-700s came out anyways), I find them a lot more forgiving than any other woods Ive ever hit. I used to have Titleist woods and it was to the point where I didnt carry a driver anymore (used to hit a huge slice with it) and even in the case of my 3-wood, I hit it really poorly. I find my Mizuno woods to be much more forgiving. I guess to ask why I play all Mizunos would be just like asking anyone else why they plan all Titleists or all Taylormades or all Callaways. Its what works for me, its what I feel comfortable with and its what I like. To each their own.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I guess to ask why I play all Mizunos would be just like asking anyone else why they plan all Titleists or all Taylormades or all Callaways. Its what works for me, its what I feel comfortable with and its what I like.

I wasn't picking on you... I was just curious. And, I would ask the Callaway, Nike, or Titleist guy the same question. I just don't find that any one company's clubs ALL work for me, and thus find it odd or suspect when other people do.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Delusions of being a sponsered pro? I used to have all Taylormade clubs and then another set of all Titleist clubs. Now, i have a combination of both because it works better for me :)

What I Play!

x86 Stand Bag
Driver: 907D2 10.5* w/EPIC-S
Irons: 735.CM irons 4-PW PX 5.5FW Wood: 909F2 15.5* Aldila Voodoo SHybrid: 909.H 21* Diamana Blue Board SWedges: Vokey 250.08 (oil can), Spin Milled 54.11 & 60.07 (Black Ni)Studio Select 2.5Ball: Pro-V1x/Bridgestone B330s (or anything I...

Delusions of being a sponsered pro? I used to have all Taylormade clubs and then another set of all Titleist clubs. Now, i have a combination of both because it works better for me :)

I don't see any TM in your sig?

I wasn't picking on you... I was just curious. And, I would ask the Callaway, Nike, or Titleist guy the same question. I just don't find that any one company's clubs ALL work for me, and thus find it odd or suspect when other people do.

Not a problem. To be fair, I have been described by some as, "the world's biggest Mizuno fan".

Delusions of being a sponsered pro?

Not in my case. I know that Im not a sponsored pro and probably never will be.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Not a problem. To be fair, I have been described by some as, "the world's biggest Mizuno fan".

Maybe eventually they'll start making a balls and shoes too that way you won't have any non-Mizuno items in the sig.

Then they can have a commercial telling us how the sound the ball makes as it flies through the air is superior to other balls and thus leads to better golf.

Cymbals sound way different depending on where and how you strike them. Why wouldn't a clubhead?

Well I did say "make as much of a difference". Cymbals are designed and cut specifically to make the different sounds based on how and where tgey are struck. Not to mention with what. The club heads being struck at differnet points are not going to make "a cymbals' worth of difference".

MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

LOL, what a bunch of bullshit. I don't question that Mizuno makes great irons, but that demo means nothing -

exactly. I'd love to see a test by someone without any bias doing this.

exactly. I'd love to see a test by someone without any bias doing this.

Just head to your local store or ebay, buy a used mizuno and used anyone else and try it. I can pick up a used single club for $4.

MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i

Just head to your local store or ebay, buy a used mizuno and used anyone else and try it. I can pick up a used single club for $4.

If you can pick it up for $4, please do, and post a video, this would be interesting to see.

Note: This thread is 5486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!