IGNORED

Columbine- 10 years later

pshizz
Note: This thread is 5533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, what does everyone think of what happened at Columbine High School, 10 years ago today? I was very young when it happened, so i didnt even pay attention. I have recently read alot about it, and find the whole thing to be very interesting. Ovbiously what happened was horrible. What are your thoughts? Do you remember anything particular from that day?

I was 7 at the time. I heard about it alot growing up and just recently started reading about it more and more. Interesting. RIP to those students who died that day.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

I lived in Boston (north of Boston actually) on the day those two homicidal malcontents went on their rampage. Today I played golf with a guy who graduated from Columbine the year before the incident. He had plans to attend the memorial in Littleton after the round.
It was simply a sad and tragic event.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

I lived in Boston (north of Boston actually) on the day those two homicidal malcontents went on their rampage. Today I played golf with a guy who graduated from Columbine the year before the incident. He had plans to attend the memorial in Littleton after the round.

wow, did he know either of the killers? And also have you ever visited the high school? from what i understand alot of construction has occured, in an attempt to get rid of bad experiences etc.

Yes, they did rebuild much of the library and other areas that were how do you say, "affected" by the shooting.

I live about twenty minutes from clumbine, not a WORD was said at school today about columbine. However the german exchange students were quick to point out how difficult school shootings can be. ( their school was also the victim of a school shooting in Germany)

I find it odd that people think things are so tragic, but after a while.. it drifts out of thought. I remember yesteryear when we had school assemblies and meetings about columbine. Now? Nothing.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

So, what does everyone think of what happened at Columbine High School, 10 years ago today? I was very young when it happened, so i didnt even pay attention. I have recently read alot about it, and find the whole thing to be very interesting. Ovbiously what happened was horrible. What are your thoughts? Do you remember anything particular from that day?

I was in tenth grade when it happened. I remember what I was wearing that day and everything. My 4th period computer science teacher, nitwit that he was, decided to make fun of me for it. Asked if I had any concealed weapons in such a way that it was clear he thought it was funny. At the time, he knew about the incident, but I didn't: I thought he was making a Matrix reference (the movie had come out about a month before). I switched to earth tones (khaki, blues, and greens) shortly thereafter. Like, the next day. Not because of the teacher making fun of me. I also remember four guys who had bullied me semi-regularly for the five years past apologizing to me that day at lunch and promising not to do that again (3 kept the promise, and were quick to turn on the fourth when he didn't). It wasn't until two hours after that that I found out what had happened that day. I remember writing my 11th grade term paper about the reaction to it. The only other thing I remember about that paper is that I needed a second book reference in my bibliography, so I quoted George Carlin at one point in that paper (not in direct reference to the shooting - I was never that bad).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't really remember where I was, other than at work. I was 19, and working as a computer aided draftsman back then. I own guns, hunt, and believe in the right to bear arms, so I was worried that public reaction could be harmful to things I believe in. I also remember the shootings in colleges over the past few years, and I think, why are students NOT allowed to carry weapons in college when they have a CCW. If someone had a CCW at Tech a few years ago, maybe that idiot would have been shot before he killed so many people. It is rediculous how many places those with CCWs are not allowed to carry their weapons.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I was actually a senior in high school when it happened... craziness!

we HAD open campus, like we could come and go for lunch as we pleased... after columbine they put a fence up and guards. Freedom to prison in like 1 week.

I was actually a senior in high school when it happened... craziness!

so you went to columbine? Where were you in the school when it happened? Also, do you remember the killers and what they were like?

so you went to columbine? Where were you in the school when it happened? Also, do you remember the killers and what they were like?

He didn't say he went to Columbine; simply that his school's reaction to the incident was to close the campus. IIRC, the students at Columbine finished their school years at different campuses.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

A buddy of mine was a senior at Columbine during the shootings. He's an assistant college professor now. I have never once asked him about Columbine nor has he ever brought it up.

Constantine

Note: This thread is 5533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!