IGNORED

Donald Trump buys Lowes Island

cougar978
Note: This thread is 5492 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Now that is funny !!!

Seriously... I whip out a copy of my income tax statement, that stops all forms of teasing!
So, when you leave one short do your friends still have to call you Alice or...?

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Your opinion of me is probably not very high right now, and to be blunt, I could care less.

How much less could you care? Why do you care at all?

(Get it yet?) I'll refer you to the many threads on this forum (a few in particular) about cargo shorts. Frankly, I think you should feel fortunate that they let you play at all without asking you to buy new clothes, and I have to point out that it's rather silly of you to pre-judge the members of the course who let you play wearing what were probably (to them) barely "legal" clothes, then complain about any slight judgment you might get from others here on the forum. You've already judged the members and their "dirty looks," but for anyone here to do so is bad?
When I play, the mindset I have is to get the ball in the hole in less strokes than everyone else while being courteous and minding the etiquette of the game. It's maddeningly difficult to consistently function at a high level on the course, and if I start worrying about what anyone thinks about me, it takes me away from my primary mission - again - getting the ball in the hole in less strokes than everyone else. That's my job out there.

If you weren't "worrying about what anyone" thought of you, you'd not have paid attention to the "dirty looks" you were supposedly getting. You can't have it both ways.

If you play with me, you'd probably either think I was rude or socially inept if you don't know me (I know the 'you don't know me' line doesn't come off well), but I play my best when I'm lost in my own little world. If I play in a tournament and the round turns into a 'koombaya' festival, you can bet that my round is headed for the toilet nine times out of 10.

The only question left is: would you have played just as well in more appropriate (i.e. clothes that wouldn't have gotten you dirty looks) clothing for that particular course? Probably not... But clearly the "dirty looks" bothered you enough to write about it here.

I'm not judging you at all - judging would involve saying you were "right" or "wrong" to have done what you did, or that I'm better or worse than you because I do things differently. I still couldn't care less. But I wouldn't have dressed that way. Heck, I wore my typical IZOD khaki pants and an Antigua collared polo shirt to play an $11 course the other day with my wife and in-laws. But that's me. Lemme get back to your original question...
Anyway, my question is, are any of you apprehensive about playing upscale or private clubs because you worry about having to deal with ignorant people with more money than brains? I'm starting to want to use it as motivation to go play even better, just to rub their noses in it whenever I can.

I think that's an incredibly immature attitude. They've likely worked hard for their status and they simply ask that you follow the rules they set and adhere to themselves. Dressing on the fringe of acceptibility and then beating a bunch of people you described as "not hitting out of their shadow," what's that prove? That you're a punk? That you've not grown out of that little teenage phase that occasionally lasts into college?

Dude, you're 30. Time to act like an adult. Time to be respectful. Time to err on the side of dressing better than you need to, not just meeting the bare minimum. I'm not getting into a fashion discussion - again, see the other threads for that - but you and I both know a Hawaiian shirt and cargo shorts are kind of on the fringe of acceptable attire at stuffy old golf clubs.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Anyway, my question is, are any of you apprehensive about playing upscale or private clubs because you worry about having to deal with ignorant people with more money than brains? I'm starting to want to use it as motivation to go play even better, just to rub their noses in it whenever I can.

I have no problem playing high end courses because I make sure I dress like I belong there. You sound like you were doing your best Bill Murray impression.

I was within the dress code of the club with a collared shirt and khaki shorts. I wasn't wearing anything remotely offensive, and I don't appreciate being pre-judged by you. Comments like that are why I can't stand a lot of people from the NY/NJ area.

If you were within the dress code I am sure the members are diligently redrafting them as we speak. A hawaiian shirt, though collared, is not something one should wear to a high end upscale private club, and neither are the cargo shorts. Get real, you dress that way then get an attitude???

Anytime you get down south and want to put some money on the line, look me up. I'd gladly enjoy the opportunity to take you the cleaners. :)

He may not want to but I would surely enjoy taking your money. I might even turn around and use it to by you a decent wardrobe.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I have no problem playing high end courses because I make sure I dress like I belong there. You sound like you were doing your best Bill Murray impression.

Well, I was probably in the wrong by copping an attitude - my game has been terrible the past month and I let it get to my head (which I know I shouldn't do) - but if he (or you) would like to come down to take me on one day, I say bring it :) Winner buys beer after the round though. By the way, I have family in ABQ and might be down later this year.

I'm trying to apologize for what I said yesterday, but I have an impusivity problem that not only messes my golf game up, it gets me in trouble in formats such as this (which is why I am pretty damn quiet on the golf course - I don't want to say anything stupid).

Note: This thread is 5492 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!