IGNORED

Range session of my life - WOW!

saltman
Note: This thread is 5474 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Now you only have to swing like that some thousand times before the muscles learn to do it by themselves.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, I have probably swung a golf club somewhere north of 1 million times in my lifetime. You would think if you did something 1 million times you would have it drilled, but itsn't like riding a bike.

Anyway, I feel as though for the most part I have always had a solid ball striking swing and hopefully always will. My issues were club position in the backswing and not being able to be "on plane" coming down. I was coming back way too far inside and the club was wrapping around my head. The solution (to this current problem) was actually pretty easy. I think my swing now, assuming I can maintain it, is about as textbook as I have ever been. It feels like a simple swing which is great.

Anyway, taking it to the course tomorrow. We will see how it works! The rest of my game isn't red number ready, but my goal is to hit 10+ greens and see how many putts fall!

Congrats on your breakthrough saltman! The one thing I know to be true about golf is that no matter where your game is today... this too shall pass. Have fun on the course tomorrow.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I love the range: no trees, no water, no sand traps, no doglegs, no slopes....

John Hanley
Sugar Land, TX
Driver: Pinemeadow ZR-1 460cc 10.5 degree; senior flex graphite shaft;
6-PW: ProStaff Oversize; graphite (about 13 years old);
Adams Tight Lies fairway woods.

Cleveland CG14 56° sand wedge

Zebra 395gm Mallet putter

And don't get me wrong... I celebrate your good day on the range. Everyone needs those. A pured shot is what keeps us hooked.

Another thing about the Golf Gods (which we all know is a metaphor.) When you are playing poorly, hitting mostly bad shots, and getting depressed about the game, these devilish deities will often allow you a respite. You will start hitting good shots, nail a putt, even score well... They know how to push us to the limit and then re-sink the hook. Maybe that's why we all play such a difficult game... the good times are worth it. All it takes is a well played hole and we are back in love.

RC

Took it to the course today. Prairie Landing in West Chicago, perfect conditions. Played the tips, 6950/73.2/136 a solid solid course, very nice. I would highly recommend it, especially for the price. Played solo and I had to keep myself from playing too fast at times.

Anyway, swing was definitely still there! Kind of a bizarre round, though. I shot 83(43/40), with 2 triples (1 on each side). Both of which were bogeys after having to re-tee (OB and Water). 6/14 fairways, 3 others just missed. 7/14 greens, 4 others just missed and 29 putts, but I had a 3 putt par from 12 feet uphill and never really made anything. So many misses were just off the green, so it basically a GIR, but I didn't count those.

The most encouraging thing was the fact that I was 12 over through 12 and played the last 6 holes, 1 under. All in all very encouraging. Index moves down from 15.6, to 14.5. Need to move it to 10 or better in the next 2 weeks probably to get into the State Am.

Took it to the course today. Prairie Landing in West Chicago, perfect conditions. Played the tips, 6950/73.2/136 a solid solid course, very nice. I would highly recommend it, especially for the price. Played solo and I had to keep myself from playing too fast at times.

83 on that course with a couple of triples is

solid golf! Definitely not 15 hcp material. Sounds like you're really on your way back. Well done!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks David, it really really felt solid. I had 5 bad swings, the two that resulted in triples, I flubbed a half wedge from 40 yards, 1 pulled a 3 wood that I got lucky on and still hit the fairway, but then pushed and 8-iron into the drink and got up and down for bogey.

So 5 bad swings all day and a truly awful 3 putt from 12 feet, I wanted the eagle a little too BAD and rammed it 4 feet by! LOL! I didn't putt well for my standards, but the greens were probably rolling 10.5-11 and I haven't been on greens like that in a while. The one birdie I made was on 16...driver, 7 iron staked to 4 feet pin high and drilled the putt.

Hit the driver so well too, of the holes I measured with GPS, 352 (downwind), 291, 271 and 278 all center cut!

Most importantly, I was having fun again. I was excited to get to the next tee and let it fly. I was managing the course, instead of managing my swing.

Note: This thread is 5474 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!