IGNORED

Anyone watch the BMW Italian Open

rckwd
Note: This thread is 5473 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

John Daly is tied for 17th.

I know there is another post on Daly's return but I just wanted to post an update and wish hime well. But as many on the other post had mentioned until he "admits" he has a problem...he will "NEVER" make it. I was just reading on GOLF.com where he still admits to having a beer or two....that aint going to get it with his problem....he is going to have to decide which side of the fence he wants to stand on.

He has come clean about his whiskey drinking....says it makes him crazier than a sh*thouse rat....as I understand it, he is done with hard liquor and limits himself to beer...which still gets him buzzed from time to time, but he doesn't seem to be destroying hotel rooms anymore.

BTW....fu*k all those out there with "holier than though" attitudes (not pointing the finger at anyone in particular, just in general).

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Love him or hate him, John's gonna be John. He may have lost 50 pounds but he's not going to change the way he is for anyone. If he wants to play good golf again, he knows he'll have to clean up and get more serious about golf again. That doesn't mean he can't enjoy a few brews after the round, but he can't go on the all night drunken binges and expect for people to keep giving him second chances. His vulnerability is what fans are drawn to. The media presence around him means that his life is in the public eye 24/7, and many people can identify with the ups and downs he's been through in the past 3 or 4 years.

On a side note, he emailed me the other day to confirm to me that he's now signed with Adams, even if a formal announcement hasn't been made. Last week in Spain he was playing the new Speedline Driver, Idea Pro Hybrid and Idea Pro Black irons...

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

BTW....fu*k all those out there with "holier than though" attitudes (not pointing the finger at anyone in particular, just in general).

Well, at least you didn't leave any doubt on how you feel.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

JD indeed had his act together this week. Shot 66 today and tied for second at this moment. I am surprised, but I do wish him the best going forward.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Note: This thread is 5473 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!