IGNORED

How stupid can people be?

BOOMSHANKA
Note: This thread is 5466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

HA! oh thats a good one! but seriously, not funny. not a hehe.... Sorry. *ahem* not a bit funny.

Something similar to that has happened to my buddy. We teed off on the hole, and he hit a great drive down the lefthand side of the fairway over the bunker about 210 out, and rolled 10-20 yards short of the group in front of us. I guess that wasn't enough because one of the guy's in their group walked back from where they were, picked up the ball, pocketed it, and drove off. I think some people just wake up and say "Oh! its tuesday! my day to be a complete jackass!" People like that have no business to play the gentleman's sport of golf.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I hate slow play, I was stuck behind a terribly slow foursome yesterday that really threw off my game. I was waiting an average of 4-5 minutes on each tee, and approach shot. I was driving the ball beautifully and had a lot of sand wedges into greens, but I really wanted to catch them at the next tee box to try and initiate the "can I play through conversation" but in my haste I messed up most my approaches. Once they finally let me through after 8 holes of waiting I started hitting greens and parred the next 5 holes.

The worst thing I've ever seen on a golf course though was back in high school. I was about 50-60 yards out preparing to hit a pitch shot into the green from the right rough. I see a golf cart drive past the no carts sign, onto the green and over the flagstick. (the flag stood back up but was damaged severely as was the hole) Me and my playing partner were dumbstruck. We saw what I assume was the same cart stuck in the mud under a bridge a few holes later.

In my Ogio Carry Bag,

Driver Titleist 905S 9.5*
3 Wood Titleist 906F2 15*
Hybrid Nickent 3DX DC 17* Irons Titleist 704.cb 3,5-PW Wedges Adams Tom Watson PVD 52*, 56*, 60*Putter Cleveland Classic 1Ball Nike One Tour, Callaway Tour i

Wow. Some of these are really horrible! The worst I ever experienced was actually the opposite of most of your stories. I was out with a friend of mine (we play together often) and there was a bit if a back up on the first tee so we had to wait a min or two for the fairway to clear (no big deal). As we were leaving the tee box a threesome came on behind us. I offered a polite head-nod and received a blank stare from all three in return. These guys were in there early 50s I'd say. Both our drives were in the fairway. We were carrying so it took a couple min to get to our balls (Important to note that we were moving at a quick pace keeping up with the group in front of us). My buddy played first. As I watched him swing a ball comes flying in right between us. I looked back to the tee and saw all three getting into their carts (only one hit the fairway. Apparently the other two had ALREADY played). They pushed us for 9 holes knowing that we would have left them in our divots if we hadn't had to wait ourselves. I guess they hit into us 4 or 5 times. The 9th hole is a par 3 and one of their shots landed on the green before I even had time to get all the way off the green. My playing partner was so furious that he ran over to the ball, rolled it off the front of the green and hit it back directly at them (actually a very good shot). Obviously, the five of us shared some harsh words after they finished.
That was pretty much the only stupid/bad etiquette experience I remember on the golf course....

Wow. Some of these are really horrible! The worst I ever experienced was actually the opposite of most of your stories. I was out with a friend of mine (we play together often) and there was a bit if a back up on the first tee so we had to wait a min or two for the fairway to clear (no big deal). As we were leaving the tee box a threesome came on behind us. I offered a polite head-nod and received a blank stare from all three in return. These guys were in there early 50s I'd say. Both our drives were in the fairway. We were carrying so it took a couple min to get to our balls (Important to note that we were moving at a quick pace keeping up with the group in front of us). My buddy played first. As I watched him swing a ball comes flying in right between us. I looked back to the tee and saw all three getting into their carts (only one hit the fairway. Apparently the other two had ALREADY played). They pushed us for 9 holes knowing that we would have left them in our divots if we hadn't had to wait ourselves. I guess they hit into us 4 or 5 times. The 9th hole is a par 3 and one of their shots landed on the green before I even had time to get all the way off the green. My playing partner was so furious that he ran over to the ball, rolled it off the front of the green and hit it back directly at them (actually a very good shot). Obviously, the five of us shared some harsh words after they finished.

Wow! That is unbelievable. I don't deal well with stupid people and would have had them removed from the course.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We had a similar story with players behind us hitting into us for an entire round despite the fact we were keeping pace. It culminated in one of us turning and sending one of their drives directly into the woods for hitting within a few feet of us.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

we had a guy who kept hitting into us once. it was me and my buddy, and we had to wait on the foursome in front of us, so we werent going anywhere. yet this a-hole behind us hit into us 3 times. after the 3rd time my buddy picked up his ball, put it on a tee, and launched it right back at him (almost hit him too! it was great!), and then my buddy went hauling ass after him. as soon as my buddy got close to him the guy folded like a lawn chair and kept saying "Im Sorry! Im Sorry! I didnt know I was hitting it that far!" once? OK. but 3 times in a row??? please....

We had a similar story with players behind us hitting into us for an entire round despite the fact we were keeping pace. It culminated in one of us turning and sending one of their drives directly into the woods for hitting within a few feet of us.

I honestly think I would let them play through and proceed to hit into them. Enough's enough already right? Pressing you into the backs of the group ahead of you is ridiculous. Why not show them what they are doing?

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

I honestly think I would let them play through and proceed to hit into them. Enough's enough already right? Pressing you into the backs of the group ahead of you is ridiculous. Why not show them what they are doing?

Not really any point on 17, but yeah, if it was earlier in the round we would have. They didn't really start until the back 9

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

Not really any point on 17, but yeah, if it was earlier in the round we would have. They didn't really start until the back 9

Yeah I can see that. Where's the fun of being poked in the back for 6 and only getting to do so for 1?

But man that irks me! lol Just getting grumpy in my "old age" lol

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

I would have asked to play through, if that didn't work, ask them to move their happy butts along in a timely fashion, if that didn't work, tell them what I thought of their mothers and leapfrog them to the next hole and come back later for the one they made me miss.

How stupid can people be?

Pretty damn stupid...

Taylor Made driver (today)
Sonartec 4w - Nippon steel
Nickent Hybrid - Nippon steel
Mizuno MP 32 - Nippon steel
Cleveland Wedges (Lotta chrome)Putter by BettinardiYikes Batman, you have a mongrel bag !!!

several of the local courses know me pretty well by now, and they all know that i'm a pretty fast player. "no moss grows under your feet," as one clubhouse guru put it. anyway, i've been told at different times by several clubhouse employees at these courses, "if you ever get stuck behind a bunch of slowpokes, feel free to just go on around them and come back to that hole later. if they complain about you jumping them, we'll get it all sorted out later." so that's exactly what i do. i typically give them three, maybe four holes to let me play through. after that, i jump past them.

Note: This thread is 5466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!