IGNORED

Halo from Pebble!!!

applyheat
Note: This thread is 5467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Welcome! I am also in the Monterey Area. Well for the next two weeks anyway. I usually play at Black Horse/Bayonet (Military) and The PG Muni as well. I totally love that course. Looking forward to playing it next weekend before I leave.

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

I love the PG muni too! The back nine is great if you stay out of the @#(*$(*@# ice plant.

Welcome! Do you play Laguna Seca or Rancho Canada?

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I love the PG muni too! The back nine is great if you stay out of the @#(*$(*@# ice plant.

I havn't played those two yet. Want to do at least one before I leave.

...and that ice plant is a %!&*!! lol as

MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

I almost played Laguna for the first time on Monday, but got a tee time at Pebble. So we skipped Laguna and will play another time. I do love thier driving range for actual pratice better than Pacific Grove. But PG driving range feels like you are at the edge of the world.

I played 9 holes at Rancho the first time I played. For most people those are the go to golf courses around here because they offer a Membership that includes you in the golf association. Bayonnet and Black Horse are supposed to be the local gems that are achievable (Tehama, Monterey Penninsula Country Club are unobtainable).

I almost played Laguna for the first time on Monday, but got a tee time at Pebble. So we skipped Laguna and will play another time. I do love thier driving range for actual pratice better than Pacific Grove. But PG driving range feels like you are at the edge of the world.

I am playing Black Horse on Sat and trying to decide which course for Sunday. I am thinking Laguna, Rancho, or PG. It's my last weekend to play before leaving Monterey!

MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i

I am playing Black Horse on Sat and trying to decide which course for Sunday. I am thinking

PG muni is in disrepair right now, but if you are never coming back, I would make it the only choice. You are playing on the edge of the world., the hazards are natural, and the light house at the end is historical. It is also the cheapest by far. Make sure you call in for an early twilight time.

When I say disrepair, the greens are patchy. They are better than last year this time, but need some more TLC. Rancho is a favorite of locals and has a back drop of the Carmel Highlands. A little more challenging than PG muni and not as challanging as Laguna Seca. Beautiful and fun, while still being a walkers course. It is a favorite of locals because the membership includes handicap calculations and USGA membership. Not a bad deal. If you will be back but at a later date I would go Laguna Seca. Up and down course with lots to stratigize over. Rabbits watch you putt while hawks watch the rabbits from high above. If you are not up for a challenge, I suggest you don't keep score. Hope this helps.

I also live in the Monterey Bay area (in SJ for school) and played Laguna a few weeks ago. For me at least (30 handicapper, hit a 110 there) it's a pretty tough course. Challenging and steep bunkers on a lot of the holes (which was what killed my round sadly) but overall an interesting layout thats fun to play. Hopefully i'll enjoy it more when i get better.

I played Rancho Canada East today and had a really good time. Great course that is just really enjoyable to play. Looking forward to playing the West course soon. PG is a great course (esp taking location and surroundings into consideration) and the back 9 is really fun. Only played there once but hope to take my friends i currently golf with out there sometime. Make sure to check out Quail Lodge sometime too.

What will be in my bag by the end of the summer

[✓] Driver - Burner Draw 10.5°
[x] Woods - Sumo² 15°
[✓] Irons - S9 II 4-GW[x] Wedge - Sure-Out 56°[x] Putter - Ignite[✓] Balls - HVC Tour SF

Note: This thread is 5467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!