IGNORED

Sonic Golf (makes noise when you swing the club)

Note: This thread is 5416 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone using this by chance? I realize it is an expensive training aid ($400), but it is very, very, unique. I heard Vijay uses it and I checked out the website. Interesting product. The idea of hearing my golf swing makes me more than a little curious. Wonder if it would actually help a player develop a better swing? Timing/tempo/etc.. it makes sense on the surface. What say you? Below is a link to the website with a 16 minute video demonstration.

http://www.sonicgolf.com/how-it-works.php

• 1 month later...
I love the idea of instantaneous feedback to train a smooth rythm; I believe its one of the most important factors of a golf swing.

I'd buy it right away if the price was lower, at this level I've got to think about it quite a bit.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

• Administrator
We're getting one for review here shortly.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Excellent.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Neat concept, but that video is really annoying.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

I can't wait to read the review on it; it looks cool in a way, and not so in another.

I kind of like the idea behind it, but it seems to "mechanical" for a player whose game is built pretty much completely on feel such as myself. I feel as though the sounds would just drive me insane. But I think this would be great if I was just starting golf and need to work on my tempo and rhythem.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Hank and Sir Charles used this on the show.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

• Administrator
I kind of like the idea behind it, but it seems to "mechanical" for a player whose game is built pretty much completely on feel such as myself.

I think it's almost the opposite of "mechanical." Plus in my experience, feel players usually have the best tempos. Words like "tempo" and "rhythm" don't strike me as "mechanical" things at all.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think it's almost the opposite of "mechanical." Plus in my experience, feel players usually have the best tempos. Words like "tempo" and "rhythm" don't strike me as "mechanical" things at all.

Well, yeah I'm kind of trying to say the same thing, in a way. I'm a feel player so tempo and rhythm are something that I do have...but I didn't develop it through a training add of sounds - to do that would make me more of a mechanical player IMO. I worked on it through my own feel, but I think for some newcomers to the game this training aid could be a great benefit, but for someone like me who's built their tempo and rhythm soley on the range and feel, I think this would just drive me to insanity rather than help.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

Well, yeah I'm kind of trying to say the same thing, in a way. I'm a feel player so tempo and rhythm are something that I do have...but I didn't develop it through a training add of sounds - to do that would make me more of a mechanical player IMO. I worked on it through my own feel, but I think for some newcomers to the game this training aid could be a great benefit, but for someone like me who's built their tempo and rhythm soley on the range and feel, I think this would just drive me to insanity rather than help.

Vijay, an accomplished player we would all admit, states that his swing benefited. I'm sure yours would too.

My regular pasture.

Interesting idea. I think they missed an opportunity by not translating horizontal/vertical movement into sound as well--a different (ideally less enjoyable) sound could play then, providing feedback for swing flaw on top of the tempo and rhythm. If the price weren't so high I'd consider getting this myself though--improving tempo never hurts.

HiBore XLS 9.5*
Launcher 15*
Rescue 21*
X-20 Tour 4-PW
CG10 50*, CG12 56*, 60*Pixl L1.8 (8 years and running)

Vijay, an accomplished player we would all admit, states that his swing benefited. I'm sure yours would too.

Are you a salesman for this company?

Just like everything in golf, some things work for some people and not for others. Maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't but why are you "sure it would benefit my swing?"

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

• Administrator

C'mon, he's got 539 posts. I doubt very much your allegation has any merit.

Just like everything in golf, some things work for some people and not for others. Maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't but why are you "sure it would benefit my swing?"

No, I don't think he's out of line in suggesting that it would "benefit" your swing. It helps to improve your tempo. Even the best players could probably improve their tempo. If you've got perfect tempo, you're probably the only guy in the world.

He's not saying you suck or something. There are a lot of things that could, with near certainty, help you to improve your swing. This, I'm thinking, is probably one of them because it's based on some sound principles (no pun intended). Why did someone saying that offend you? I'm sure it'd help your swing too, again, because nobody has perfect tempo and the further from the pro ranks you get, the worse someone's tempo tends to be.

Everything Iacas said. And at 17, your body and mind are still maturing. I bet you've got a few more inches to grow yet, you'll get stronger, and a lot of things will change including your tempo and golf swing.

I'm not meaning anything bad about it, its just the facts of life. I watched my son (23) go through the same thing. As you get older, you'll also come to the realization there is more and more to life that you don't know about. Shutting down the possibility of something helping is only limiting yourself.

My regular pasture.

Everything Iacas said. And at 17, your body and mind are still maturing. I bet you've got a few more inches to grow yet, you'll get stronger, and a lot of things will change including your tempo and golf swing.

I'm not shutting down the possibility of it working - I just don't really like the idea of sounds coming at me while I'm trying to swing, I just don't feel like that would personally work for me, but hey, it could...like I had said in my previous post, "maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't." But I'm certainly not going to sit here and say, "Man, I gotta run out and get this, it's the key device that will bring me down to scratch." Just like a ton of other training aids, it probably wouldn't help me. I don't know why, but I've never been a training aid kind of guy - I've seen some help others greatly, for some reason, I've never benefited much from any of them rather than just going out and practicing the right technique and putting a lot of hours towards.

But like you said, that's not to say this one wouldn't help me.
C'mon, he's got 539 posts. I doubt very much your allegation has any merit.

I was just joking about the salesman thing, I was just saying that because he seemed certain that because it helped Vijay, it would most certainly fix my game right up.

I don't think he's out of line suggesting it, I really have no problem with that, like I said, the idea looks interesting and something I'm not completely against. But...I don't know if it would help my game personally. Like I've said, I've used other training aids (not one similar to this though) that never really did much for my game...But, like I've already stated now, which seems 1,000 times at this point, this one may be different - I'm not saying it can't work for me, I would love to try one but I wouldn't go out and blow 400 dollars on something I'm not certain would benefit me personally.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

• Administrator
But I'm certainly not going to sit here and say, "Man, I gotta run out and get this, it's the key device that will bring me down to scratch."

Nobody said that, or anything like that. You're over-reacting. Calm down.

I was just joking about the salesman thing, I was just saying that because he seemed certain that because it helped Vijay, it would most certainly fix my game right up.

No, he said your swing "would benefit." Again, you're over-reacting to someone's suggestion.

Nobody said that, or anything like that. You're over-reacting. Calm down.

I'm calm.

I'm not over-reacting I was just pointing out the pro's and con's for me personally.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

I'm looking forward to the SandTrap's review.

My regular pasture.

Note: This thread is 5416 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!