IGNORED

Drama

cougar978
Note: This thread is 5467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just as I expected. Everyone's a stud from behind their keyboards.

And you're not? Its amazing you can even play golf with that gigantic chip on your shoulder. Lighten up Francis. I hate to tell you pal, but its not the country clubbers that have the problem its you. You obviously have issues.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I take it personally when someone screws with my ability to make money.

Wow so you think winning $60 off your friends is more important than having a good time on the course you and I have different priorities. If you act the way you describe when you win I wouldn't like to see what you are like when you lose.

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

And you're not? Its amazing you can even play golf with that gigantic chip on your shoulder. Lighten up Francis. I hate to tell you pal, but its not the country clubbers that have the problem its you. You obviously have issues.

I'll be the first to admit that I do - I wear my emotions on my sleeve - I internalize the really bad stuff that comes out here (aside from the occasional flare-up with someone that I perceived to be trying to take money out of my pocket). That's a huge ball and chain for me to drag around.

Ten years ago, I had a hell of a lot of talent, was playing to a +2, and then almost lost my life in a pretty bad accident. I wasn't sure I would be able to use my left arm properly again, let alone swing a golf club, and had to give the game up when I was getting my graduate degree. After commencement 3years ago, I started to pick the game up again and couldn't break 90. It's a major blow to your pride to look like that when you knew what could have been had what happened not happened. I had one of two options: Quit playing a game I love dearly, or do everything in my power to get back to where I was. I chose the second option. I have practiced on almost a daily basis for the past two years - in the winter time, I purchased a lead-acid battery powered floodlight to go putt at night after I got off work, and went behind a strip mall where there was a lit grass field to practice my wedges. Now, it's practice five days, play two days, sometimes more - along with cardio, weight and resistance training to keep my wrists and forearms strong. This season, I started playing in tournaments again - I managed a top 20 finish the first go-around, then a week ago Saturday, shot 66 and took low man (and a hefty chunk of change). I am finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and whether it's an oncoming train, or getting back to where I was before I got hurt, I have to give everything I have, balls out, 110%. Although I say some pretty nasty things on this forum, I thank God that I have the opportunity to set foot on the course every day I play. I have to let some stuff out sometimes.

My username here comes from my favourite Shakespeare sonnet. There is a line in it that says "with what I most enjoy contented least".
Driver :Adams Speedline 9032LS 10.5*
Woods:Wilson Staff FYbrid 3W
Hybrids:Wilson Staff FYbrid (wood/hybrid gap)
Hybrids:Ben Hogan Edge CFT 3H & 4H
Irons:King Cobra S9 5I-PWSand Wedge:Cleveland CG12-58*Putter:Ping Redwood AnserBall:Nike Karma/Topflite GamerFavourite Gizmo:Club Caddy

I'd love to see some guy like you come around my golf course talkin shit. We have a little saying around here..."talk shit...get hit". period.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

A real privledged snob wouldn't settle this on a golf course, it would be swords or pistols at ten paces.

Haha. The funniest thing I've ever read on here.

To the OP, I don't like the idea that you judged someone before getting the whole story. People who expect or feel a sense of entitlement that special things should happen for them piss me off as well, but neither of us know the golfers' in front of you and their story. Anyway, if someone takes my ball, I'd be pissed. I'm not sure I would say anything to an older gentleman and his equally old wife, but I'd be pretty steamed. I think the anger is justifiable, but almost starting a fight with a couple old people seems a bit extreme. Pick on someone your own size and age. Seems like a tough guy syndrome. Only mess with those who won't fight back. Mess with the wrong guy, you're going to get a beating. I really doubt you would say anything to a 6'4" 230 pound monster of a man. So go and yell crap at an old guy and an old lady. My dad would kick my ass for pulling that pus*y bully shyt. I really don't care how anyone acts on a golf course - in terms of etiquette and what have you. But if I see anyone pull that baby crap that you seemed to have pulled by messing with some older people, we'd have a real problem.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Haha. The funniest thing I've ever read on here.

It wasn't the old people that picked my ball up, it was the middle aged guy (mid 40's if that).

Think whatever you want, and say whatever you want. I am going to be successful. Call me names, call me a douche. Tell me you'd hit me if it makes you feel better. All I'm going to do is get up, go to work tomorrow, and practice. What you say, and what you think of me means nothing to me. You're words on a screen, pal, that's it.

Wait, I get it....

your Brian from the Big Break... tic-toc, tic-toc, tic-toc

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

• Administrator
All I'm going to do is get up, go to work tomorrow, and practice. What you say, and what you think of me means nothing to me. You're words on a screen, pal, that's it.

Uhm, you started the thread. Clearly you wanted people to respond so you could be an Internet Tough Guy™.

You're about to turn 31. Time to act like an adult.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

First post on this forum.

I got two words for you, Cougar: chill out. Seriously man, life is too short and golf is something you are supposed to be playing for fun. At the end of the day, it's just a game. Don't let someone else's actions ruin your day.

Just my $.02,

Steve

Uhm, you started the thread. Clearly you wanted people to respond so you could be an Internet Tough Guy™.

Is that all you've got? Or are you going to tell me that I'm a loser, I'm immature, or just plain nuts?

The only thing you're doing is giving me more drive to work harder at my game, to do the absolute best I can. I feed off a hostile crowd. I don't have the luxury to sit around and pontificate about various random nonsense on a blog all day. I went out and played in a rainstorm this morning because I had to get some work done. I left the rant about what happened last weekend just to get my head clear for the job at hand. Your mind's already made up about me, so I'm not going to waste my time trying to change it.

• Administrator
I don't have the luxury to sit around and pontificate about various random nonsense on a blog all day.

Again, you started this thread. Clearly you have more time than you like to let on.

I went out and played in a rainstorm this morning because I had to get some work done. I left the rant about what happened last weekend just to get my head clear for the job at hand. Your mind's already made up about me, so I'm not going to waste my time trying to change it.

The many posts you've made trying to defend your despicable attitude and actions in this very thread say otherwise.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You have an "MBA" and you're sweating a $60 golf bet to the point that you are willing to verbally assualt strangers? Sounds like that degree wasn't the greatest investment for you -
In the bag:
Driver - FT-9 10* Stock Stiff Fujikura
3Wood - X 3W Stock Stiff Callaway Graphite Shaft
Hybrids - X Hybrids 21*, 24*, 27* uniflex steel shaft
Irons - X-22 irons 6-PW uniflex steel shaftWedges - X Forged Chrome Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60*Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - Tour ix or TP...

I'm not usually a fan of iacas, but he's completely right here: you're the douche in this situation.

Your attitude is just all wrong. You're as bad as the guy at the gym who makes fun of anyone who can't bench as much as him. You're missing the point: everyone plays for their own reasons and with their own goals, and you can't make a meaningful evaluation of progress or success when you force your objectives on other people.

If someone wants to play golf for the gentlemanly, social aspects of the game, including club membership and appropriate attire for the course, they have just as much right to it as you who only cares about the scorecard. I guess you should be glad you can beat them to completing your objectives, because you obviously can't compete with them with regards to acheiving theirs.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

let's calm down with the name calling folks.
To the OP, and others on this board have heard my cries about priv. folks that sh** on others due to things like: a fat bank account, ability to play at private clubs, pushing fancy rides.... whatever may have you.
But that's just stereotyping the private course members to be dicks.
My Sunday skins partner is a member of one of the most prestigious cc's in jersey...and he's definitely far from dick-like...extending invites to our Sunday foursome to play at his club...
The fifty-something middle-aged friend that helped me gain confidence my 1st year of play is a private club member...and more than shares his wealth.

with that said...take everything how it is... someone picks up your ball? ok f*** it...they picked it up.... they know they did wrong...if you call them out on it, and they deny it...it's done..let it go... you're lucky your opp. gave you a free drop from there... so let it go and finish your round... f*** it right?
it's a game bro... don't get into legal issues by smashing someone's head in over a game...and a pro-v.
it's just not worth it. You're young...you've got tons of time left to ENJOY this GAME. so play it and do what you do....
I've been called a punk, assumed by "snobs" that I can't play....called a "wanna-be," "bruce lee," and tons of racial slurs. I've been accused of picking up someone's ball (numerous times), when I haven't. I've seen someone pick up my ball when I'm 15 feet away...I asked if it was a pro-v marked with a blue Y+, and he said no... and as he walked to his boy, heard him say, I think I picked up that guy's ball. I said f*** it, dropped another ball and hit my next shot. like you, my opp. said just drop one and wouldn't penalize me for it.

congrats on your MBA, and your success that you enjoy in business, life and golf. I can only work to one day be as good and consistent as you are.
and with that...if you ever do decide to get physical over a golf match, don't hesitate to reach out. my sister's a pretty bangin attourney.

good luck in your next tournament.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!