IGNORED

Best bug detterent

deafheaven
Note: This thread is 5457 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anybody got any ideas? Insects love me

I've had some success with the wipes (moist towlette thingies). I imagine the highest concentration of deet is ultimately the best thing (although perhaps not the healthiest). I even tried the urban legend spray yourself with listerine thing last year (doesn't work). I can't imagine those bracelet things work.

Driver :Adams Speedline 9032LS 10.5*
Woods:Wilson Staff FYbrid 3W
Hybrids:Wilson Staff FYbrid (wood/hybrid gap)
Hybrids:Ben Hogan Edge CFT 3H & 4H
Irons:King Cobra S9 5I-PWSand Wedge:Cleveland CG12-58*Putter:Ping Redwood AnserBall:Nike Karma/Topflite GamerFavourite Gizmo:Club Caddy

Most, if not all, insects are drawn to the carbon dioxide humans expire… so you could try to stop breathing for a while and see if that works.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

Don't know if there is any truth to this... but mosquito season is a nemesis for me. The little critters hang around like I'm dessert. But this guy I've played with smokes a cigar all the time and they don't bother him at all... of course he carries a strong smell with him. Anyway, the stuff may kill me for all I know, but I use "Cutters." Learned it from an Englishman. Some of the other stuff I've tried only wetted the feet of the mosquitoes as they landed to take a bite.

Had not thought of cheating on a mosquito, you know, by hanging out with horse flies. Don't they bite, too? Ah, butterflies... that's the ticket.

RC

Deep Woods Off works well, but if they're bad you have to apply it every couple of holes. I don't live in mosquito country, but my brother did and we visited them a few summers back and that is what we used and they only buzzed but didn't land on us.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Don't know if there is any truth to this... but mosquito season is a nemesis for me. The little critters hang around like I'm dessert. But this guy I've played with smokes a cigar all the time and they don't bother him at all... of course he carries a strong smell with him. Anyway, the stuff may kill me for all I know, but I use "Cutters." Learned it from an Englishman. Some of the other stuff I've tried only wetted the feet of the mosquitoes as they landed to take a bite.

yeah, but do you really want to be the guy walking around with butterflies around him?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use Off but I then have to deal with the headache that the smell brings. That's the price you pay, I guess.

In my stand bag:
9* G10 driver
904F 15* 3 wood
3-PW MP-52 irons
Burner Rescue 19* HybridSpalding 60* lob wedge Tiffany 34"Leupold GX-I rangefinderTitleist Pro V1 ball

Extract of ucalyptus mixed with alcohol does the job for me

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

Anybody got any ideas? Insects love me

Ben's 100% deet in the small orange spray bottle. I lived in NW Alaska for two years and this is all they would sell. It works. You can order it from Campmor or Cabelas website if you can't find it locally. Great stuff. A little goes a long ways. Keep it off your face. It will make your lips numb and eat up your sunglasses. Watch bands too. Really strong stuff. Just spray a bit on your arms and the back of your neck. That is all you need. I will sometimes spray a bit on my ball cap.

Depends on what insects. We have bad Buffalo Gnats around here this time of year and Vanilla is about the only thing that works to keep them away. Mosquito's need something with deet.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Pure, 100% deet. A small drop, and your good for 9 holes. dont use to much though, it will burn your skin.

Plus its illegal now (in Canada, dont know about the USA), so its difficult to get, but you can find it, mostly through farmers.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

For mosquitoes and black flies------ ThermaCELL

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

Note: This thread is 5457 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!