IGNORED

Worst balls you've played?

Note: This thread is 5367 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

im really quite surprized how many people hate top flight... haha i personally havent even given them a try, the fact that are dirt cheap is a good hint of the quality..

I have for a long time really liked the Top flite Z-balata. There is no doubt it loses you distance (distance isn't my problem, control, touch and feel are), but for the price it sure feels nice and soft on the club head and I feel it is beneficial to my short game (I have the touch of an elephant) because I can hit a fuller shot, and it has a much softer feel off the putter head.

Personally I hate a harder ball that feels clicky on the club face, so pretty much any mid to low range distance ball. I'd endorse what has been said about the Top flite XL 2000's - a horrible hard ball. I don't mind losing distance with my z-balata's - even then I regularly outdrive my playing partners with a z-balata and a three wood (regularly, but not consistently. My consistency sucks). I have a whole bag of clubs to let me cope with loss of distance. If I'm maximising my game for both feel and distance, the Bridgstone B330-RX's come out. They're three times the price of the z-balata, though.

In the bag:

Driver: 975D 10.5° True Temper EI-70 Stiff (Alternate 8.5° Titleist Stiff Graphite Shaft)
Fairway Woods: 975F (2 From) 14.5°, 18.5° True Temper EI-70 Stiff, 20.5° Titleist Stiff Graphite Shaft
3Iron-PW: S58 Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsGap Wedge: Tour-W 54/10 Nickel...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Flite 2000 or before... Hard as rocks!!!

In my bag:

Driver: Hypersonic t7 460cc w/ UST Comp Series 65
3 Wood: r7 Draw
3 Hybrid: Idea Pro4H-SW: Tight LiesGW: Tom WatsonLW: Bazooka JMaxPutter: Black Velvet 110 Gun MetalBall: e6+My Course:Roland Barkau Memorial Golf Course

I found a "st. andrews" no label, no number, circa 1920's?...i want to hit it but have this sinking suspicion it's either going to crack in half...or it's going to turn to dust on impact. It sounds hollow if bounced off the head of a driver and as for spin you could forget it (most likely) since it has the old school patterned dimples that are maybe at most a hair-thickness deep. just sharing...

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

So I'm a Ping fanatic, right?

Haha... I remember those things! As a 12 year old they were the coolest things around! I think I had a yellow and purple one.

God who'd have thought a company that generally comes up with such quality would release such a thing. I have a load of "Founders Club" balls that are made in Taiwan. Needless to say, I will never ever use them, so give them away to my 36+ handicapper friends whenever they need them. They came free with some club purchase.

• 1 month later...
Any top flite besides the Gamer, and Titleist DT/SoLo I HATE THOSE!

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

Nitro Golf balls, but for the price they aren't bad for practice balls or whatever.

Ha ha. My coach - because my high school team got no funding - bought us Nitros for tournaments. I always used to give those away. Swore those damn things were so hard they took the paint off the head of my Burner bubble woods. Hands down the crappiest balls I have ever used. Those Intech balls aren't much better. Found one of those the other day. I thought Intech was the company on Office Space.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

No discussion of sorry golf balls can be complete without mentioning the Bullet ball of the early 90's, the TopFlite II, or.................... THE MOLITOR!!! Ouch... what a brick!

In a navy blue Vintage L8 stand bag
Big Bertha 454
Muirfield 20th 2 iron
Vip Tour CB-92 3-PW
by Macgregor Greg Norman Forged FW Special 55 BeCuTad Moore TM-2 Milled putter AD333/Trispeed

Condor Ti ball I found. The distance was no better than a Pro V1x, being a distance specific ball. I also thought that these balls were heavier than normal. Several times, I hit them onto semi-soft greens and they buried themselves in their own divot. Only half the ball would be sticking up from the ground.

bubba's balls... when a dozen just aint enuff...

i found a few of these... hit 2 of them...
the first one i hit driver 6i and it just shredded...
the 2nd one... i hit driver 4w... it flew like a screwball after the 4w hit... literally corkscrewed thru the air... the guy i was playing with told me i popped the core of the ball... but the cover was still 'new' looking... lol
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

ultra and top flite ...ewww

07 Burner regular flex. (my dads-doing wonders with it) :D
supersteel burner steel shaft strong 3 wood
R7 draw 5 wood
Rapture 4-pw uw. Red dot. <3
56 deg sw60 deg Cg14 white steel two ball putter penta golf shoes. =D

Note: This thread is 5367 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!