IGNORED

Superstitions

Leftygolfer
Note: This thread is 5463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I thought this might be interesting. I know alot of golfers are very superstitious and I am one. I have two. I never add up my score until the end of the round and always mark my ball with a quarter heads up.

Lets hear some. I am sure I am not the only one.

Brian

My only one is not hitting in front of a birdie man. If someone made birdie on the previous hole...there is not way I hit before them no matter how long it takes them to get ready.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dont have any Golf ones but a ton of Hockey ones.

In my Staff bag:
Bazooka HP-5 Driver 460cc
Bazooka OS HP-5 3/5 Woods
Jmax QL Irons 5-PW (Graphite Stiff Shafts)
X-tour Gap Wedge 52* X-tour Sand Wedge 56* Lob Wedge 60* Rossa Daytona 1 Putter

I ALWAYS mark my ball heads up.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

I have a couple lucky hats. Both became lucky by non-golf related happenings. I almost always wear one or the other. One is green and the other is orange so i am usually the guy that people ask, "Did you get dressed in the dark?"

I have several golf 'routines' but I do not do them because of superstition - just more because that's the way I do it. I like routines because they eliminate thinking about unimportant things. Some of these might be easily confused as superstition, though. Some examples:

I always have Sausage/Egg/Cheese Croissan-wich and medium diet coke from Burger King before a morning round.

Always turn my ball on tee and green so that I can see no markings on the ball and the alignment marking is on front of ball, facing toward sky.

I always mark my ball with whatever marker I pull out that day so that something on the marker is pointing at the hole.

I do not add up my scores until I'm done with the round.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

[QUOTE=PiKapp23;304976]I have several golf 'routines' but I do not do them because of superstition - just more because that's the way I do it. I like routines because they eliminate thinking about unimportant things. Some of these might be easily confused as superstition, though. Some examples:

QUOTE]

I'm more the same, not really superstitions more like 'routines'. I like to wear sunglasses, I wear contacts, don't like getting stuff in my eyes. I always put the ball on the tee with the label up, helps me to focus on the ball and not pull my head off the ball.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

• Administrator
I don't think I really have any. I used to have to write my score down before playing the next hole, but that's gone by the wayside. I don't have a lucky coin or anything like that, either.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

For me it's more like minor OCD, not superstition...

I have been using the same ball marker and divot tool for years - a mark my ball with a Canadian "Toonie", tails up. I never carry more than 1 tee in my left pocket and my right pocket must remain empty at all times. Even if I find it and play it, I always replace a golf ball that has been in the woods or water.

I have a tournament tradition of trying to eat Chinese food the night before the first round on any tournament, but that doesn't always work out.

Other than that, my shrink tells me I'm perfectly normal!

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

My only slightly superstitious habit is that before i put any club back into my bag it must be thouroghly cleaned. Im sure many of you are the same way.

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde

For me its more OCD like-stuff than supersitition. For example, i just will not play if i dont have a orange colored ball marker. Even if i dont use it, it has to be in my pocket. (probably the worst habit) All of the grips on my irons have to be orange, and i need to to mark my ball with an orange dot. Besides that, im pretty normal.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I only use white tees. I feel that I must have at least three gloves in the bag; in case they get wet. I'll change gloves if I make poor contact on a shot.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

For me it's more like minor OCD, not superstition...

And I have the "lucky peso". It is about to get fired BTW.

This is purely superstitious... my left shoe has to go on first.

- Shane

I always get 2 bacon egg and cheese buiscuts, 1 sausage buiscut, and one sausage mcgriddle from McDonalds on the way. I always play in the morning around 8 AM. (It's all I eat during the day, til supper).

Also, when I always get in the cart from the passenger side, no matter who is driving.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

My only one is not hitting in front of a birdie man. If someone made birdie on the previous hole...there is not way I hit before them no matter how long it takes them to get ready.

What if you got an eagle and/or have the honors?

I never add up my score until after the round. I think about how many I'm over either. It's not a superstition, just something that gets in my head. I also will pick up a tee if I hit a good drive with it. If I hit a terrible drive with it, I'll throw it away. Except when I hit an iron/hybrid off the tee (par 3s or short par 4s), I never use an unbroken tee that's left on the tee box. It has to be one of mine, unless it's broken and I'm hitting a hybrid or iron.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I always get 2 bacon egg and cheese buiscuts, 1 sausage buiscut, and one sausage mcgriddle from McDonalds on the way. I always play in the morning around 8 AM. (It's all I eat during the day, til supper).

Holy CRAP! That's 1700 calories!

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

Note: This thread is 5463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!