IGNORED

Chris Berman is bad!

TinCup
Note: This thread is 6533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What a relief it is when Johnny Miller comes on!

Dude. I just lost all respect for you.

Announcer Dream Team:

Just give me Faldo and Azinger. Keep Johnny "FIGJAM II" Miller on the bench.

Of course, If I had a choice on one network, I'd rather have CBS. I think their golf production is much better than any other network.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Of course, If I had a choice on one network, I'd rather have CBS. I think their golf production is much better than any other network.

That's only cuz they do the Masters in HD.

But no, I agree: CBS is pretty good. NBC has Jimmy Roberts and his gay little segments, etc. to contend with too. Ick.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

True...but they did do the US Open this year in HD. Every time the smirking Johnny came on in all his digital glory it made me want to puke on my big screen.

If there is one person I don't envy it is Roger Maltbie... "Is it wet down there Rog?" "What's the lie like Rog?" "What are his options Rog?" Then the classic: "Can you hear us Rog?" I would love to hear Maltbie say "Yeah, I can f#@*

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Oh my god. I can't stand those god-forsaken segments. I can't stand the way he talks about his stupid segments. He's so smarmy it sickens me.

Back to Miller. Sure he's a little pretentious, but he knows what he's talking about! He's been there and is tremendously knowledgeable. I like the insight he provides and am willing to look past his "ego" (if you want to call it that) and enjoy some golf.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

• Administrator
Back to Miller. Sure he's a little pretentious, but

What else would you call it?

I can tolerate Miller because he's better than some of the alternatives (Lanny Wadkins?), but I get annoyed when he insists on saying "this is a long 4-par" and whatnot. It's a par 3, not a 3-par.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The good thing about ESPN is that they showed more of the actual golf being played.

NBC spent more time with Bob Costas doing his little interviews and history clips then back to another commercial. They went thru three full segments one time and never showed any live golf.

I usually like NBC for sports stuff but I really hated them on this one.

He's so smarmy it sickens me.

What is Smarmy? We just making up words now???

I always love the opening coverage like right when it comes on NBC they build it up like a movie. "Will Phil close in on destiny, or will Kenneth Ferrie turn this into a fairy tale of his own. It will all be decided here at historic wing foot." dun dun don!
My Bag
Driver: Dunlop Invicta 10.5˚ (Graphite Shaft)
3&5 wood: Lancer Oversize (Graphite)
Irons: Titleist 990 (Steel)
Wedge: Ram FX 57˚(Graphite)Putter: Ram Accubar AB-2Ball: Nike Juice

Back to Miller. Sure he's a little pretentious, but

I think Miller is insightful as well. The problem is that I can't look past his ego because it is too damn big. I don't think he's as bad as he use to be, but he sometimes spoils watching golf for me. I'm less likely to watch an NBC telecast of golf than any other channel.

The best part about going to Pinehurst last year is that I didn't have to listen to Miller talk about himself.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

NBC spent more time with Bob Costas doing his little interviews and history clips then back to another commercial. They went thru three full segments one time and never showed any live golf.

Costas and Miller. Good grief.

This past weekend was only time I ever thought, "Where the hell is Jack Whitaker?" I use to despise his segments during the British Open.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• Administrator
What is Smarmy? We just making up words now???

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/smarmy smarm·y adj. smarm·i·er, smarm·i·est 1. Hypocritically, complacently, or effusively earnest; unctuous. See Synonyms at unctuous. 2. Sleek.

Miller is definitely a bit of a narcissist. The Feherety shtick is getting a bit old. Ditto McCord. Berman needs to stick to anything other than golf, and even his regular broadcasting antics are a bit tired and played out. It was funny when I was 16 but I am not 16 anymore (and have not been for a very long time).

Dottie Pepper is fine, she seems to have a decent rapport with the golfers. Same with Mark Rolfing whose only problem is a bit of a lack of personality. I guess Andy north is the same way.

Azinger and Faldo are by far the best we see on a regular basis but when ESPN has Thursday and or Friday matches we can get lucky and get Mike Tirico, who is far and away the best all around at golf coverage.

• Administrator
Dottie Pepper is fine, she seems to have a decent rapport with the golfers. Same with Mark Rolfing whose only problem is a bit of a lack of personality. I guess Andy north is the same way.

Rolfing is cardboard.

Andy North I can summarize by this quote: "The next time Andy North has an original thought will be the first time." I dislike Gary Koch. The thought, the sound, of him saying "will it stay..?? will it stay..?? will it stay...?? no, no, there it goes..." just grates on my nerves like you wouldn't believe.

I have always said that golf announcers simply state the obvious but throw in a few golf terms every other sentence. Andy North is a great example.
My Bag
Driver: Dunlop Invicta 10.5˚ (Graphite Shaft)
3&5 wood: Lancer Oversize (Graphite)
Irons: Titleist 990 (Steel)
Wedge: Ram FX 57˚(Graphite)Putter: Ram Accubar AB-2Ball: Nike Juice

Note: This thread is 6533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!