IGNORED

Political Question

TheNatural
Note: This thread is 5449 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which side do you lean to?

• Democrat
    • GOP
    • Independent

A. I can see how you can disagree with his Gun/Weapon views. I agree with him on that policy, but I can respect your view on that for sure.

A) lol trus me, i dont try to argue firearms control with anyone..never ends well haha

B) Just seems odd, i mean i remember all of his speeches from his election time, and alot of the stuff he said he would do/stop havent seemed to happen yet. C)I understand the whole "Obama 08" and all of those shirts, but then people are wearing shirts that are just pics of his face, like the shirts with Chavez's face on them. Just seems "Celebrity" esque.. D) Well talking with the recruiters, it seems that he has cut a bit of the spending for the .mil, etc etc and with the whole "being cool with other countries having nuclear programs" they all seem to say collectively that there have been better military minded presidents :P But at the end of the day, he is pres, and you can only hope that both repub and dems want whats best for the whole country, not just themselves...

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

B) Just seems odd, i mean i remember all of his speeches from his election time, and alot of the stuff he said he would do/stop havent seemed to happen yet.

He has had what, six months in office. He can not deliever on everything he claimed in his speeches. And he can't in a four year term. And he even said that during his speeches. He can deliever a lot of it if he gets eight years, but still, even then it would be almost impossible because a lot of it has to pass through congress. But still, he's done a lot so far that he has promised, such as:

An intelligent, Gradual withdrawl Plan to get out Iraq, which is long overdue IMO. More funding towards Afghanstan and hope to defeat Al Queda. Close Gitmo Bay. Deliever a speech to help bring peace in the "Muslim World." Get a Health-Care Reform (Health Care is ridiculous in this country, so this is a huge issue for me.) first year in office (plans to get it done by end of 2009).. He's done more, but those are just a few of the major things he touched on already in six months. He's done more than any President within the first six months of their Presidencey since FDR. No matter if you agree with what he's done or not, he has done things he said he would. And yeah, he's kind of turned into a celebrity a bit too much. Going on Jay Leno or whatever was a little ridiculous for a President to go on that.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

He has had what, six months in office. He can not deliever on everything he claimed in his speeches. And he can't in a four year term. And he even said that during his speeches. He can deliever a lot of it if he gets eight years, but still, even then it would be almost impossible because a lot of it has to pass through congress. But still, he's done a lot so far that he has promised, such as:

Just keeping in the friendly conversation here mind you, i have a real question to ask you, or anyone for that matter! lol -Why is closing Gitmo such a big thing? its a detention facility for the worst people living on this earth.. Why would you close such a place? would these people not then have to be transferred somewhere in the united states? how is this positive? On the iraq thing, i understand everyone wants to get out of it blah blah blah. do it hink we have been there too long? yes, because we are no longer dong anything over there anymore. we took control of the country damned fast, and have been piddlin down our leg ever since we need to just move a little north to Afganistan and kick some serious butt up there for a while.. As to the whole thing he just did down in Egypt, i feel its an odd tactic that he started being reffered to as "Barack Hussein Obama" instead of just Barack Obama as soon as he starts addressing people of similar faith to his. Odd. But i mean leno? come on.. Your a freakin president. act like one.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

C)I understand the whole "Obama 08" and all of those shirts, but then people are wearing shirts that are just pics of his face, like the shirts with Chavez's face on them. Just seems "Celebrity" esque..

Shirts like these? :

http://www.thoseshirts.com/rob.html http://www.thoseshirts.com/oldschool.html and my favorite of the three http://www.thoseshirts.com/muerto.html

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes, only you never see anyone wearing the reagen ones

He's done more than any President within the first six months of their Presidencey since FDR. No matter if you agree with what he's done or not, he has done things he said he would.

He's also spent more than any President...

If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?
- Vince Lombardi

In my Ping Hoofer 08 camo bag :
Cobra 454 Comp 10.5* UST ProForce V2 stiffTaylormade R7 TP 15* UST ProForce V2 stiffTaylormade R7 TP 17.5* UST ProForce V2 stiffAdams A1 Pro Idea 4-PWTitleist Oil Can 52*Titleist Oil Can Spin...

True. I would wear one.

If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?
- Vince Lombardi

In my Ping Hoofer 08 camo bag :
Cobra 454 Comp 10.5* UST ProForce V2 stiffTaylormade R7 TP 15* UST ProForce V2 stiffTaylormade R7 TP 17.5* UST ProForce V2 stiffAdams A1 Pro Idea 4-PWTitleist Oil Can 52*Titleist Oil Can Spin...

I see them rather frequently. On one hand, I'm in California. On the other hand, Reagan is from here.

Also immensely popular last October/November: the shirts with Sarah Palin as Rosie the Riveter.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I see them rather frequently. On one hand, I'm in California. On the other hand, Reagan is from here.

Man you people in Cali are Cwazy!!

I get the feeling most here play muni courses or semi private. I assume there are not too many ultra private course members here.

Otherwise I would have expected a %80 GOP vote.

Im on the GOP side but will see faults in both sides of the aisle. Just so happens the democratic side is more diverse, I see their party splitting off into factions in years to come. The GOP really has only a few dividing issues such as abortion tearing at them.

The general perception is that GOP favors the upper middle class and elite. Personally, I cant agree more with a party that favors this aspect of society(hard working, educated). THe democratic side appeals to the masses, which are the majority middle class and lower class, naturally, this improves their chances of election in urban areas.(they condone a welfare state that rewards laziness) I respect anyones view either way. What brings me to tears are the wealthy/educated bleeding heart liberals that oppose death penalty, encourage affirmative action, and insist on a welfare state. These folks dont see the people in the trenches of the ghetto, but they support them and think that helping some of these thugs will make them better off. If these people stepped out of their crystal palaces and lived side by side with the dregs of society, their views would change in about 2 weeks. I have dozens of russian clients that just arrived in the USA. THey all tell me that making money in this country is easy, this is refreshing to here. It further proves that the poor and uneducated will always stay poor and uneducated. Its not a matter of lack of opportunity just a lack of work ethic. Colin Powell was in poverty as a youth, I guess he was just lucky. The GOP just lacks quality leadership at present, this will change, someone will take the reigns in a few years, someone young.

Independent but Id say I do tend to lean a little to the democrat side. I try to look at a candidate with an open mind and vote for the person whom I feel would best do the job, regardless of party affiliation.
I do tend to lean toward the democrat side because they seem to stand up for working-class people more than the GOP does.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

-Why is closing Gitmo such a big thing? its a detention facility for the worst people living on this earth.. Why would you close such a place? would these people not then have to be transferred somewhere in the united states? how is this positive?

These people are being held without a review of their detention that meets the standards to detain people in this country. Some of them are "the worst people living on this earth," but if you believe no mistakes were made, you have a lot more faith than I do. I don't have a problem specifically with Guantanamo, but if we *know* these people are so awful, then let's prove it according to international standards, sentence them, and get on with it. Just holding them is inhumane and not something I want my country to be doing.

As to the whole thing he just did down in Egypt, i feel its an odd tactic that he started being reffered to as "Barack Hussein Obama" instead of just Barack Obama as soon as he starts addressing people of similar faith to his. Odd.

Similar faith to his? You mean Christian? It is true that Christianity and Islam are very similar... To address the more informed part of your statement, I don't think it's odd at all to emphasize the fact that President Obama comes from an ethnic background that has much in common with the group he was addressing, particularly when he's addressing issues of settling differences.

The general perception is that GOP favors the upper middle class and elite. Personally, I cant agree more with a party that favors this aspect of society(hard working, educated). THe democratic side appeals to the masses, which are the majority middle class and lower class, naturally, this improves their chances of election in urban areas.(they condone a welfare state that rewards laziness)

With respect, if you want to assert that social programs like welfare lead to crime, then you need to address why European nations (Scandinavia in particular) that have much stronger, comprehensive, and effective social welfare programs don't seem to have the same crime problems we have here. Sorry, the welfare we DO have here is pathetic. That is part of the problem -- people are allowed to fail to a degree that capitalist principles almost guarantee that they'll turn to crime to support themselves.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I didn't vote in the poll. I'm not registered with any particular party. And I don't think the way I've voted in elections determines what I am. I voted Independent in the mayoral election here, Republican for Congress, and Democratic for President. So, I don't think I'm any of the choices listed and I certianly would not label myself as one or another. In the first election I've ever voted in, I voted for the people who I though would do the best job (through policies, etc.). I think it's really bad when people just vote democrat because next to the guy's name, it says "Democrat." My grandmother would vote for satan if he ran as a Democrat.

I was talking to a kid in school this week about politics. He told me that he was a die hard Republican. I asked him a few questions and basically he was flip flopped on all the major issues (gun control, war, gov't spending, conservatism vs. liberalism, etc.). Then he said that the best president ever (Abe Lincoln) was a Republican. And that is true, but he was liberal and would be considered a Democrat today. Just goes to show you that most people (that I have met anyway) don't know as much as they think they do about politics.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Just keeping in the friendly conversation here mind you, i have a real question to ask you, or anyone for that matter! lol

Because that's not what the U.S. stands for. I just don't feel it goes along with American values, and I think it gives us a bad reputation world wide.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

These people are being held without a review of their detention that meets the standards to detain people in this country. Some of them are "the worst people living on this earth," but if you believe no mistakes were made, you have a lot more faith than I do. I don't have a problem specifically with Guantanamo, but if we *know* these people are so awful, then let's prove it according to international standards, sentence them, and get on with it. Just holding them is inhumane and not something I want my country to be doing.

Good point but its apples and oranges. Our country has some of the most deep seeded social issues of any of them. I cant recall Scandanavia having 2million illegal mexicans and scores of poor whites and blacks having multiple children with multiple fathers like its a race to see who can pop out the most future criminals. I would be the first to say I would love to see the welfare state fix everything, but lets be honest. Your average european can speak up to 4 languages and has an education light years above ours. The euro unnemployment is 20% in most countries. PART of this is because the taxes on business are so extraordinarily high that new business formation(or succesful new biz) is rare. These high taxes go to a welfare state second to none, which would work if you could limit children to welfare recipients to one child. Once you start allowing 3-6 kids on the system per female, no economy in the world will keep up with the expense to serve a top notch welfare state(USA would become this if we allowed it) In euro the people probably carry some shame with being on welfare, in the US the cancerous element of this nation thinks it is there right as a citizen. They feel no shame of being on welfare or POPPING out more welfare recipients to be. These same people are the ones that will cripple this great nation before too long. Lastly, I dont have issue with illegal mexicans, as long as they pay taxes. I know hundreds of them, and they all bust their A$$ in the work they do. They are the new Italians of the yesteryear and will soon play a huge part in the shape of this country. Mexican indians and asians are all immigrants I admire and respect, I have never seen so many hard working people. When I look at our own natural born lazy white and black citizens I get disgusted. In 10+ years the latino, indian and asians will strengthen the republican party, they will be your working class that looks to better themselves, once they are succesful, i doubt they will want to spread the wealth. Its called get a job and work hard at it. LAZINESS its a liberal trait.

I'm a conservative individual, and fear that both of our political parties have failed. James Madison warned, "There are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments from those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." And Ronald Reagan, with similar intent warned, "Government is NOT the solution to the problem, government IS the problem."

The battle in America now is for our country's soul - whether or not we will accept a growing Marxist creed as our own, or will we save America as the last bastion of hope for freedom and liberty. Let us not be deceived; the political whining for universal health care, gun control, forced equality through governmental redistribution of wealth, and the removal of religious beliefs and expressions from our public institutions, all come directly from the Marxist platform.
Driver - Kenneth Smith 460 Classic Grafalloy Blue
Woods - Kenneth Smith 3 & 5 Woods Grafalloy Blue
Irons - Kansas City KC-102 Musclebacks Harrison Professional Shafts
Wedges - Kansas City 56* & 60* KCM-Grinds Harrison Professional Shafts
Putter - Kansas City Prototype

KenSmith

Sad that we have as many voting for American Idol as we do for our presidency.
get this..
I heard from a wealthy friend that he and several of his friends have bought massive amounts of land in Costa Rica. The AMERICAN population is 90% GOP expatriates in the cities. The CR government allows them to carry firearms of any sort, or bodyguards etc. The crime level is nil. Most of these people have retired or operate businesses in the US, money sits off shore or in EU banks. The influx in tax revenue for the CR government improve all schools military infrastrucure. It may be the next small haven for freedom. It is a Democracy, but the CR people are overwhemingly welcome to the americans, so much that they vote in pro american politicians. The standard of living for the entire country is improving yearly. Now they are fending off illegal mexicans hondurans etc. Just a sign of things to come.

If the GOP were permitted to take half of the country, and leave the other half for the Democrats, who would become the greater nation? I hate to cast a broad stroke, since I detest some GOP and admire some Dem's.

I'm a Democrat who has never supported or voted for a Republican and never will. In the non-partisan races I study them via internet to decipher political affiliation. If it's dueling Republicans I skip the race.

I know it's chic to declare, "I vote for the person, not the party." It's also comically ignorant and deadendsville. The vote is 90% along party lines, if not higher than that. That's the case on Capitol Hill and in state and local races. The more important the issue, the greater the allegiance.

So you have to pick a side. That's what I'm getting at. The funniest thing on cable news is Lou Dobbs' push toward independents. A college buddy of mine is on that show as one of the major correspondents. What a puppet he has become. So sad compared to the old days.

I disagree with Democrats on some major issues, namely I'm not strongly pro-choice. But the big picture dictates and I side with virtually every Democratic theme on economic and social terms.

Frankly, I love the desperation from the other side. A post a few above this one declared Marxist this, Marxist that. Please keep flinging that type of label-based drivel. Republicans were in charge of the White House for the vast majority of three decades but instead of building a foundational dynasty by locking in young voters they relied on fear and put downs, like trying to make the word liberal the ultimate negative, and screaming taxes, taxes, taxes regardless of the specifics of the race. It was always destined to fail. Negativity is not an attractant. It is a repellant. No one rushes to the street corner to see a bum. But they will do so for a popular celebrity. Republicans did not see their white bitter majority shrinking and failed to take the proper steps. Even here in Florida, the pro-GOP Cuban population which has helped Republicans hold a small partisan edge in this state is steadily being neutralized by the dramatically increasing numbers of registered Puerto Ricans, who vote more than 70% Democratic.

Note: This thread is 5449 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!