IGNORED

Bettinardi or Cameron Putters

Note: This thread is 5343 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Choose your milled putter

• Bettinardi
    • Scotty Cameron

All I can do is relate my own personal experience. The first premium milled putter I had was an Odyssey Black Series that I won at an outing, which I used for half a year and traded in torwards a Ping Zing Redwood which I used for about half a year also. Then I got a Bettinardi BC that I wanted for a birthday present, but it didn't work for me.

I ended up trading both the Ping and Bettinardi in and got a Cameron Red X-5. After my experiences with that, I quickly added two more Camerons via club trade-in and used on EBAY.

That should tell you where I stand on the matter. It's strictly a matter of personal preference and experience - the Camerons just feel right to me.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I've always thought Scotty Cameron putter are overrated (not to mention overpriced), but between the 2 I would definitely choose the Cameron. I really do not like the feel of the Bettinari putters - at least not the newer models.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

If given the option I'd definitely get a Scotty Cameron. I'm not saying Bettinardi's are bad (because they definitely aren't bad), just Scotty Cameron's would fit better with me.

Don't know, I've never owned a Bettinardi, or even used one other than in a golf shop. I just got my Scotty, and although I love it so far, I do want one of the Mizuno Bettinardi's (C-series), and until I've had both I can't say one way or the other.

Something tells me that Bettinardi is a better value , based solely off the fact that if they provide similar looks and similar performance, the Bettinardi can be had for half the price of a SC.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

I hit both with my eyes closed and the only difference is the sound they make.
Both solid putters. But I like my scotty because it's a hand me down from my dad. And it couldn't possibly feel better in my hands.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

Hands down a Scotty - although i may be biased since it is what I own.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't know, I've never owned a Bettinardi, or even used one other than in a golf shop. I just got my Scotty, and although I love it so far, I do want one of the Mizuno Bettinardi's (C-series), and until I've had both I can't say one way or the other.

There is a super special price for a Bettinardi at

www.budgetgolf.com . I was able to purchase a brand new C-Series that is still in its factory wrapper for $80 net. Honest. They are selling them for $99.95 on sale. Use coupon code "1overpar" for 10% discount. Price (with $5.99 shipping) is $89.95. Then to top it off....they will give you a $15 gift certificate for your next purchase. Again....brand new factory wrapped. And when I called Mizuno, they assured me they are familiar with the website and store. Net price....$79.96 for a brand new Bettinardi .

Whats the difference between a Bettinardi and a Mizuno Bettinardi?

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

Cleveland Classic.

Whats the difference between a Bettinardi and a Mizuno Bettinardi?

There is no difference - the Bettinardi is the Mizuno Bettinardi.

-Rich

Cleveland Classic.

That is true. I contacted Bettinardi's customer service department and asked....and they confirmed that the Mizuno Bettinardi are indeed Bettinardi putters made in their factory.

You have a putter in the shape of a spaceship? What was your selection criteria?

It feels good and it makes putts. What other criteria would you need?

It's been at least 4 rounds since my last 3 putt, 29 putts each day in the tournament last weekend. I can't think of anyone I know who uses an SC or a Bettinardi who putts better than I do with my Enterprise. To each his own, but in my opinion too many players buy for the name, not for whether it's right for them.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

It feels good and it makes putts. What other criteria would you need?

I think you interpreted my question incorrectly. I was wondering when you walked into GolfSmith....what got you even try the spaceship shaped putter.

For instance, I happen to game both the SC and Bettinardi. I happen to select both because they are 'milled' putters...which is consistent with my preference for 'forged' irons and wedges. The material has a distinct feeling that is different from casted products. I also selected the two because they had the putter style I wanted that others didn't offer (S shafted face balance blade putters...look at my signature line) I do agree some buy only by name. I didn't as I learned the distinctness of Bettinardi. For instance, SC Studio Selects are not built in his Putter Studio but rather outsourced while all Bettinardi's are built in house. Each uses a different base material. Etc.

Note: This thread is 5343 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!