IGNORED

Rate your Golf nerdness

sp33d
Note: This thread is 5448 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Iz you n3rd?

• I am hopelessly obsessed, it affects me daily. Golf crackhead
    • Above avg you watch if Tiger is playing, and enjoy playing
    • I just play, and dont care to watch golf on tv
    • What? they have magazines and TV shows?

isn't that why we are all here? hopeless zealots all.

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Beyond any type of help. Being from Iowa, its like meth....

For cripes sake look at my post count/join date. And I don't even post all that often compared to the time I spend here...

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Do it man, even with compitition you can still do good business with good fast service somthing golf shops seem to sorely lack...

Hopefully one day I can. I dont know that now is the right time to do it with a lot of people not spending a lot of money because of the economic situation. Here's what I got in mind for my "dream shop" that I want to open - - Obviously have a good selection of equipment, apparel, etc. - Have an attached dedicated practice range. That way, when people come in to check out new clubs, they see the actual ball flight. - Hire a dedicated instructor/swing coach. Got more details in mind, but that's the major things I'd focus on. That and making sure the people I hire are approachable and friendly. Too many times I've gone to another shop and the sales people were less than helpful and overall unfriendly. Is this the kind of place any of you would go to and do business with?

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Too many times I've gone to another shop and the sales people were less than helpful and overall unfriendly.

I've always wondered why this is. My guesses are:

• the general poor service all around nowadays;
  • people who work in golf shops would rather be out playing; or
  • dealing with the public would make almost anyone surly.
Good customer service is a dying form. (Then again, I have a friend who runs a hotel and he says that if he has someone who actually exhibits good customer service, they are snapped up by local mortgage companies, etc., who can pay a lot more.)

I've always wondered why this is. My guesses are:

I've thought about this quite a few times after less than enjoyable experiences at the local shops. I think you're first guess is pretty accurate. Also, I've really gotten the impression that some of them flat out have an elitist mind set and that people arent worth their time.

I think that dealing with the public can probably be frustrating, but I also like to think/hope that the majority of legitamate customers in a golf shop will have a little more respect than the normal customers of most other sporting goods stores. Of course I know that isnt always the case, you will always have some idiots coming in, I just think it would be less frequent than other retailers. Having no experience here, that's just a guess, I could be way wrong.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

i don't watch golf. i've got a bunch of "classic" golf tournaments on tape from the 60s, and those fascinate me to no end, but i just can't get into modern day golf for some reason.

to shed some light ... in a family where doctor and lawyer are the only two accepted professions ....

im finishing up a paramedics liscence, after 6 years of college realizing i dont want to be a doctor, so i can have a flexible job while i attempt to get my HC down to 12 so i can get into a PGM program and teach golf ...

im hopeless

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

I only watch when Tiger is playing and in contention.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Note: This thread is 5448 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!