IGNORED

Favorite Club?

Note: This thread is 1047 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite club in your set?

• Driver
    • Fairway Wood
    • Hybrid
    • 5-iron
    • 6-iron
    • 7-iron
    • 8-iron
    • 9-iron
    • Wedge
    • Putter

I'd have to say my driver but in many ways its one of my most flawed clubs in the bag. I am a strong iron player (load it heavily, lot of force, steep attack)...

the issue is with my driver I tend to hit down on the ball so the issue is my spin rates are solid but the launch angle is dangerously low... it's my favorite because I hit it straight every time and although its short (250-260) its really reliable

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is my putter, it's an old TaylorMade Tc.1. I have been using it for the last 15 years or so and it most likely won't be changed for anything other than the identical one I bought and put in the wardrobe about 5 years back. I am quite a good putter, I was before I got this thing and had been through about 30 putters in the previous 10 years but once I found the one I am using I stuck with it. Sometimes I miss everything and often I hole everything and I know it's not the putter, it's me, so changing would be pointless. I do look at loads of new putters and think "yeah I like that, nah I'd better not". Recently I have been looking a lot at the custom made TP Mills putters, maybe, just maybe...

My favorite club fluctuates (and all the gurus say we're not supposed to have one) but right now I would have to say mine is my 54* SW. It's a taylormade rac black and one of the reasons I like it so much is that it is one of the first sand wedges that I've owned that I know will go the same distance every time when hit solidly and pretty close when not his\t solidly. I know that if I take a half-swing it will go 85 yards and a full one will travel 115. That's nice to know on the tee box of par 4s and for par 5 layups.
ITB
Ping Si3 10* Grafalloy Blue
Mizuno F-60 13.5* Exsar FS3
Mizuno CLK FLI-HI 17* Exsar HS2
Mizuno MP-67 4-PW DG S300Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58Bobby Jones 64Titleist Cameron Stainless Newport 2Titleist ProV1x

Driver

In The Bag:
Driver: 9 degree King Cobra 440 SZ (ETP Penley S Flex)
3 Wood: Taylormade 540 XD (M.A.S R5 Series S Flex)
5 Wood: Mizuno MP .001 (Exsar 60 S Flex)
Irons: Mizuno MP-60 (Dynamic Gold) Gap Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM Oilcan (Dynamic Gold) Sand Wedge: Cleveland Tour Action (Dynam. G) Putter:...

7-iron for me, use it for warm-up, to work on technique, hit shots from 165 and under...

Driver: Dual Point 9*
Woods: Dual Point 3-wood, T-40 5-wood
Irons: r7 TP's
Wedges: RAC TP Black 52/56/60
Putter: White Steel

• 11 months later...
The question I pose is "What is your favorite club and why? What kind of control do you have with it. ie: Can you use it from different yardages say from 150 and in? How versatile are you with it?

Mine is my 9 iron. I use it anywhere from 140 and in when I need to control my trajectory. I will even use it to for chipping around the green, I've chipped in more times with it than any other club. I wouldn't say my distance control with it is excellent but it's pretty good.

My 52* Gap Wedge. I'll use it for chipping, pitching, recovery shots.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

My 60 degree lob wedge. I can't even try and count how many times this club has gotten me out of trouble and put the ball on the green, even out of impossible lies.

If I hit it hard (never had to do it on the course), I get about 80 yards out of it.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Good job on this topic, this is fun to think about. I have 2 though. One is my Titleist Vokey 56*. I am really consistent with it, and I use from from anywhere between 5-100 yards. My next favorite is my TM rescue 19* club. Like my 56, I am exteremely confident and consistent with it. I can hit it off of a tee on a long par 3, in the rough, or off the fairway on a par 5.

In The Bag...

Driver: SQ Sumo 10.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto
3 Wood: Burner
Hybrid: SQ 18*Irons(3-PW): 755 w/ Dynamic Gold S30052.08*: Vokey Oil Can56.14*: Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Newport 2Ball: pro v1xShoes: Footjoy Athletics

My Cleveland 56 degree wedge seems to be what comes out of the bag when I have to be creative around the green, or when I have a shot of 50-75 yards. It's really getting worn out, and I'm not looking forward to replacing it. It's been my go-to club for years.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

56 degree spalding wedge, as long as i hit hit the ground its going in the air. lob wedge are too easy to blade just bladed 2 llob wedge shots experimenting around the green with them. really depends on the lie, if its fluffy lob wedges are ideal.

I would say my favorite club right now is my PW. I hit it about 160 and its always a perfect shot. I rarely if ever chunk it. Other than my sand wedge and putter this is probably my used club.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

It's my driver, even though I can't hit it straight.... :D
In my bag:

Driver: Speed LD F
Irons: SQ sumo 4-PW
Putter: oversizedBalls: One

My 51 degree is money. I can hit beautiful flop shots with it 9 times out of 10. I rarely take full swings with it, but I do a number of three quarter swings from 50-70 yds out that stick on the green.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (Titleist Speeder by Fujikura - S)
3-Wood: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce v2 - S)
5-Wood: 909F3 18° (Matrix Ozick - S)
Irons: Amp Irons 4-PW (True Temper Dynalite 90 - S)
Wedges:   Oil Can 248.06, 254.10, 260.04
Putter: White Hot XG #5

I really like my XG9 putter.I use it as a Texas wedge anytime I can.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Lob wedge for me. It's helped me getting the ball out of deep rough, bunker and chipping (I prefer less roll on the green).
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

Mine is my pitching wedge (48).

I use it on all ind of shots from 120 in. I hit way to high from 100+ yrds but I love it when I need a good shot.

hammerTyme();
stop();

Note: This thread is 1047 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!