IGNORED

Has clubfitting helped you?

Note: This thread is 5421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Think of it this way. You are trying to get your swing in check, correct? If your clubs are too flat for you at impact, then the toe will dig in and you will hit the ball right. If your clubs are too upright at impact, then your heel will dig in and you will hit the ball left. Now taking this into consideration, how do you think you will learn to hit the ball the best that you can if this is going on? If you get your lie angles checked and have them bent to your swing, then you know they are right....then when you are hitting the ball left or right you will know its your swing and not the clubs. IMO this is too cheap to get done to not do it and have to fight through the ball contact issues it could cause.

This could be the case. There are so many times that I am in position A off the tee, but my approach goes left or right when it feels like I made a good swing. I think I will have it done this week and see what happens.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Think of it this way. You are trying to get your swing in check, correct? If your clubs are too flat for you at impact, then the toe will dig in and you will hit the ball right. If your clubs are too upright at impact, then your heel will dig in and you will hit the ball left.

A little pedantry necessary here: it's not so much that the toe or heel catches, but simply that the clubface is angled to the left or the right. Just like on a sidehill lie - ball above your feet, ball goes left, same reason as club lie angle too upright.

In other words, you can still strike the ball well, not take much or any turf prior to or during impact, and the ball will still go left or right if the lie angle is wrong.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

When you say you had them lenghtened because "everyone" told you too, who is everyone? Did you have your swing checked?

Everyone, as in everyone I played with would tell me that it looked like my clubs were too short for me, so I finally went to Golf Galaxy and had them check my swing and they added a half inch to the set of Clevelands I bought last month.

Length is one thing, but it would be interesting to hear what lie adjustments you have done to the clubs. Lie makes the club angled properly, the length makes you able to stand correct.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Went to an old club maker here in Oz many years ago(1993), he put new shafts in my clubs and added 1/2 inch to all of them and swing weighted and frequency matched them, never hit a set of clubs so straight before that, could hit the driver off of centre of the fairway, highly recommend getting clubs fitted no matter what your handicap is.

I think you should get a consistant swing before you buy custom clubs. Also, if you go forged they can bend a bit overtime and need to be re-checked about every year or so. Forged clubs are also easier to bend.

"Mulligan: invented by an Irishman who wanted to hit one more twenty yard grounder." -Jim Bishop

I finally went in after playing the executive course and missing a ton of iron shots again. He put special tape on the bottom and face of my irons and had me hit shots off of a board. Sure enough, the heal was making contact. Shots were offline even though I was making center contact. He bent them anywhere from 1.5* to 2* flat, and voila. It looked and felt perfect after he was done. Can't wait to take them out tomorrow before the rain comes in (finally a drink for my yard). Too bad he could not do my hyrbrids, 5i - 3i. Any thoughts on having those tweaked?

- Shane

Can't tweak woods and hybrids according to what I've read. Material is not strong enough to take a bending, they'll just break. Maybe it's possible to order them tweaked, I don't know.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

while i agree with Umpiremike (that you shouldnt get clubs you dont want), i will say that i was in your situation a month ago, but i did get fit for new clubs and it's made a world of difference. I have better control over trajectory and thus distance which makes its biggest difference on my approach shots....jI'm very happt with my decision -just my two cents

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Note: This thread is 5421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!