IGNORED

What ball do you play and why?

fpuagolf
Note: This thread is 5363 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What ball do you play?

• Titleist
    • Nike
    • Srixon
    • Callaway
    • Top-Flite
    • Other--List vvv

Titleist NXT Tour. I've developed my feel around it and know how it will play for me.

Titleist 905R 9.5*
Cleveland Launcher FL 13*

Titleist 585h 19*
Titleist AP2 712 (3-P)

Ping Eye2 PW

Cleveland 588 56*
Odyssey 2ball 35"

Titleist NXT Tour

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nike One Platinum...great feel, good distance, consistent spin and flight. Got 100 of them for 70 cents a piece at lostgolfballs.com. Cant beat it.

THATS CRAZY!!!

Talk about a deal, lucky!!!

My Sticks:

909D3 8.5 Driver, Proforce V2 X Flex
909F3 13.5 FW
909H 17 Degree Hybrid AP2 (4-PW) 56 + 60 degree Newport 2

taylormade tp black.

doesn't spin off the driver, great feel, spins and checks around the green. durable too.

TaylorMade Tour Burner 08 9.5
Adams Tight Lies Strong 3
Titleist DCI962 3-PW
Vokey 52, 56, 60
Ping Anser 50th Anniversary

I buy Pro V1's off lostgolfballs.com...I'd honestly never pay retail for them, but when I can get them for $0.67 a piece, there's no reason not to.

In my stand bag:
9* G10 driver
904F 15* 3 wood
3-PW MP-52 irons
Burner Rescue 19* HybridSpalding 60* lob wedge Tiffany 34"Leupold GX-I rangefinderTitleist Pro V1 ball

I'm not picky. Honestly, I range between a scratch and a +3 and I'm not a good enough golfer for it to make a great deal of difference whether I play a good quality soft ball from company x or company y.

I can tell the difference between the Titleist ProV1 and Nike One Tour, but honestly... the extra 200 RPM of 9-iron spin (and the 3 feet of carry - with 2 feet less roll) or the extra 1 yard off the tee.... just doesn't matter to me

I sure as hell won't play one of the hard balls, but when comparing top-end balls between manufacturers, I've enjoyed playing with the Nike, Titleist, Srixon, Bridgestone, Calloway, etc.

I bought a bunch of Nike One Platinum and One Tour recently because I was able to pick up 5 dozen for less than $25 per dozen.

If I find a ProV1 in the woods, I'll happily play it if it's in good shape.

Driver: 905S 8* - Graffaloy Blue 65S Shaft (tipped 1" Short)
Fairway: 960F (15*, 19*)
Irons: T-Zoid Pro 4-PW w/ True Temper Steel
Wedges: MP-R Black 52*, 56*
Lob: 60* CG-10 (nice and rusty)Putter: OZ Putter (with oversized Winn Blue Grip)Ball:: One Tour

I play whatever decent balls I find on the course. There are plenty of nice ones in the woods or long grass on my course. I have had the same 2 brand new boxes of Nike balls in my basement for the last 4.5 years.

Bridgestone B330's because I like the feel of them...

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

I buy Pro V1's off lostgolfballs.com...I'd honestly never pay retail for them, but when I can get them for $0.67 a piece, there's no reason not to.

I can not believe that, another post said the same thing about Nike One's.

That's my favorite site now for practice balls.

My Sticks:

909D3 8.5 Driver, Proforce V2 X Flex
909F3 13.5 FW
909H 17 Degree Hybrid AP2 (4-PW) 56 + 60 degree Newport 2

Right now I'm playing with used Nike balls because...well everything I wear is Nike so I just thought it would be fitting. I do prefer the Platinum's over the sft2's; they just feel better to me off the club face and overall playability.

In my standbag:

Sumo2 5900 Driver, 9.5*, Diamana stiff flex
SQ Dymo, 17* 4wood, Widebody UST stiff flex
R7 irons 4-9 Project X 6.0 shafts 3i MP Fli-Hi hybrid CG10 56*, 60*/CG14 46*, 52* G5i Zing putter One Platinum or ProV1(x)OFF! Deep WoodsiGotcha! ball retriever

I play the Wilson Staff 50/50 since I drive the ball out of bounds about twice a round. Can't beat $6 for a dozen of brand new golf balls. They are a bit soft but they do stop on approach shots. Slightly lacking in the spin department when greenside but again it's only $6...

« Keith »

Bridgestone E6+.

I have to sacrifice some distance, but the soft feel helps with my tendency to slice, and I like the way I can work the ball.

In my bag:
'07 Burner (10.5*) Driver
Unknown model 3 & 5 Woods (next to get replaced)
Rescue (21*) Hybrid
Di7 4i-GW 56/08 Oil Can Wedge Rossa Blade Putter NXT Tour Balls

• 4 weeks later...
Titleist Pro-V1 but I'm looking for something different, possibly PV1-X or Bridgestone.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

Bridgestone Tour 330-S

Forget your opponents; always play against par. - Sam Snead

Driver: R580 9.5 deg
3-Wood: 15.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)
5-Wood: 18.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)Irons: TA-5 3-PWWedge: CG-12 56 degPutter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Note: This thread is 5363 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!