IGNORED

Anyone own a motorcycle?

Monster14
Note: This thread is 5436 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

im looking for like a smaller cc sport bike really, I was going to buy a 150cc scooter a while back but figured i should just save my money and get a bike instead, right now im just looking around, then they offer classes at the community college here they take you thru a few weeks of classes and take you on the practice course with a bike that they supply and at the end you walk out with license if you pass

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

im looking for like a smaller cc sport bike really, I was going to buy a 150cc scooter a while back but figured i should just save my money and get a bike instead, right now im just looking around, then they offer classes at the community college here they take you thru a few weeks of classes and take you on the practice course with a bike that they supply and at the end you walk out with license if you pass

Dont bother with an all out sportbike. Look at bikes like the sv650. Trust me, if your not a lifetime motorcyclist, you wont have much fun on a sportbike. Theres a million guys out there on sportbikes, but maybe 1% or less who can actually ride them. I'll spank the average hotshot kid on a gsxr1000 with a 250 2 stroke on a roadcourse, because ive been racing since i was a child and understand breaking, throttle control, and choosing lines. Anyone can go fast in a straight line. You'll learn to ride a lot easier with something forgiving, like an sv, a zx5r, etc etc. Sportbikes are no fun on the street, and most people cant handle them (yet they all think they can)

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Kawasaki makes a great 250 sportbike. Its the Ninja 250R. It would be great for what you are looking for and they are pretty cheap; around $3500. CycleWorld and SportBike done reviews on them last year and gave them a lot of praise for entry level bikes. I have ridden one a few times at Road Atlanta and they have a lot of pep to them. I wouldnt want to drive one cross country but that wasnt why they were built.

Here is a few links: http://www.kawasaki.com/PRODUCTS/pro...ns.aspx?id=263 http://www.sportbikeworld.com/forums...ad.php?t=66129

2008 BMS GS1200 "megamoto". I swapped out the stock wheels for 17" Excel to run a 120/180 combo. It's just a big motard now

Man i love those beamer GS1200's. If I didnt want a Ducati Super Motard so badly, it would be my next bike when the Hog is paid off in two years.

As it is, the fiance is going to kill me with 2 street bikes and 2 dirtbikes (once they are finished) and a snowmobile in the garage. We dont even have room for my truck or her car in there, lol, I have to build a Toy Shed in september when im better so we have can put our the vehicles in garage for the horrid canadian winters. Of course, co-owning a machine shop with my dad and brother doesnt help, because im always designing something new for them. lol.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Dont bother with an all out sportbike. Look at bikes like the sv650. Trust me, if your not a lifetime motorcyclist, you wont have much fun on a sportbike. Theres a million guys out there on sportbikes, but maybe 1% or less who can actually ride them. I'll spank the average hotshot kid on a gsxr1000 with a 250 2 stroke on a roadcourse, because ive been racing since i was a child and understand breaking, throttle control, and choosing lines. Anyone can go fast in a straight line. You'll learn to ride a lot easier with something forgiving, like an sv, a zx5r, etc etc.

Although I will have to agree and disagree with Apoc on that one. Sportbikes are made for different types of people; A beginner would be OK with that 250 and can a lot of fun on the street with them. But a beginner should NEVER, NEVER get a full sportbike. As Apoc mentioned I have seen SO many kids (or for that matter grown men) go running to the store and dish out the money and think they were Evil Knievel. That much power should NEVER be handed to a beginner and I wish it was against the law to sell them to them. I have been carrying my bikes, 1994 ZX-9R and 2007 YZF-R1 (both which I no longer have....saving up for Hayabusa) to Road Atlanta and Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama for 15 years and I cant tell you how many hundreds of newbies ride in with all their new gear and new bikes thinking they are king of the road, only to watch them go home filled with embarrassment. They pretend on the street but cant on the track. Thats why you see them show up one time and thats it. They can play bad-ass to their homeys but cant when their inexperience shines brighter than the chrome on their bikes.

And the reason I am getting the "Busa is because it is more street friendly as Apoc said than the R1 or Zx.....but some people have a lot of fun on the street with them. I just hate driving long trips with them. You will find 3 different types of bikers: Sport Bikers, Crusiers, and Harley Riders.....hardley do the three mesh...LOL

Agreed. Its not that sportbikes arent fun on the road, I should clarify that. Its that they arent fun at regular highway speeds. They really dont get fun until about 110mph, and really fun at 150mph. And they do those speeds way too easily, and most people dont have a clue what to do when things start going wrong.. At 80mph on my rc51, it seems like you could get off and walk faster. Its also highly modified and used only on the track now though. At 70mph on my harley, im having a blast.

Oh, and take MSF! Plain and simple. No matter what you ride.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Agreed. Its not that sportbikes arent fun on the road, I should clarify that. Its that they arent fun at regular highway speeds. They really dont get fun until about 110mph, and really fun at 150mph. And they do those speeds way too easily, and most people dont have a clue what to do when things start going wrong.. At 80mph on my rc51, it seems like you could get off and walk faster. Its also highly modified and used only on the track now though. At 70mph on my harley, im having a blast.

I agree....thats what I didnt like about my R1 (and all Liter bikes arent as bad as an R1)....you had wind the thing just to feel like you were going then you look down and your going 150+

im about 6 foot and weigh about 250, would one of those 250cc bikes from the links be good for someone like me? from what im reading its geared for smaller people like women....

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

im about 6 foot and weigh about 250, would one of those 250cc bikes from the links be good for someone like me? from what im reading its geared for smaller people like women....

I am 6' 220 and I felt comfortable on it. Like I mentioned, I wouldnt want to take it cross country but I think it felt great.

I have an 07 GSXR 1k black and orange. I bought it new and then changed jobs....NEVER get to ride it any more.. It is actually for sale if anyone is interested. Only has 1262 miles!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have an 07 GSXR 1k black and orange. I bought it new and then changed jobs....NEVER get to ride it any more.. It is actually for sale if anyone is interested. Only has 1262 miles!

What much you asking? As I have never ridden a GXX'R 1000 but ridden the 750. How does the 1000 compare, not necessarily in performance and aesthetics, but in riding comfort? The primary reason of me getting rid of the R1 was the more-aggressive forward lean (compared with other sportbikes) and the street ride ability. Yamaha has their head in their butt when it comes to listening to what "joe-public" wants, and that is a fast "streetable" machine like what Suzuki and Honda provides. Instead they are targeting the small-hardcore Dr. Rossi fans and giving them a road bike that is totally uncomfortable (in torque, gearing and riding position) to ride on the street day-in and day-out.

The reason I ask these questions about the comfort and riding position is a few years back a friend of mine came to the track with a "Busa. Of course the hardcore racers laughed (but he wasn't there to race but just to have a good day like us all) but I got on the wide bike and actually turned a faster lap time than on my R1. And it wasn't the speed. It was within the concept of slow down to go fast. The heavier 'Busa (with my fear of crashing his baby) made me concentrate more on my lines than thinking about drag racing from corner to corner. I also learned how much more comfortable the big bike was. I talked him into us trading bikes on the way home (65 mile trek NE of Atlanta) and fell in love. The bike had far less turbulence in traffic and most importantly is my back and wrists didn't hurt when I got home. Anyway...just asking...if you want to sell at a good price and I can find a way to get on a gxx'r 1000 to compare....I have nearly saved enough to by my 'Busa..so let me know. Tim

What much you asking? As I have never ridden a GXX'R 1000 but ridden the 750. How does the 1000 compare, not necessarily in performance and aesthetics, but in riding comfort? The primary reason of me getting rid of the R1 was the more-aggressive forward lean (compared with other sportbikes) and the street ride ability. Yamaha has their head in their butt when it comes to listening to what "joe-public" wants, and that is a fast "streetable" machine like what Suzuki and Honda provides. Instead they are targeting the small-hardcore Dr. Rossi fans and giving them a road bike that is totally uncomfortable (in torque, gearing and riding position) to ride on the street day-in and day-out.

Well, I have always been partial to the GSXRs. I have had owned a 600 and 2 1ks. I have ridden R1s and CBRs and in my opinion, the GSXRs are far more comfortable!! The ride height seems better, the forward lean, to me, doesn't seem as drastic. I am partial to the 1ks because the power is smoother. With that being said, I haven't ridden anything other than the GSXR in years so I don't know how the new bikes feel or what changes were made to them. I will make a deal on it with cash....don't get me wrong, I won't give it away, but I will sell it at a fair price for what it is and it is basically brand new! Try to test one out in your area and let me know what you think. It will be ready to go in the next week or so and I figure it will go quick! This was a hard color scheme to get!

Here is a pic:

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just sold mine a week ago.

1998 Superhawk 996, tons of work done on it. Fully built motor and transmission, lots of goodies on it. Was sad to see it go but needed the money and I dont have time to ride it. Not my house.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

My 2007 Suzuki SV650S....

Driver: GigaGolf Verve 17 10.5°
Woods: Gigagolf X2 Fairway 3 Wood, Orlimar Trimetal 19°
Hybrids: Gigagolf Cloud Nine 4
Irons: Gigagolf Cloud Nine Series
Wedge: Gigagolf SGS Black 52° & 58°

Putter: Ping Pal 2i Isopur

Shoes: Adidas

Ball: Titleist NXT

Note: This thread is 5436 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!