IGNORED

USA vs Brazil

cepausm
Note: This thread is 5370 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

USA by 2, this is going so much better then I thought it would. The US squad is really looking good right now and is able to counter a lot of Brazil attacks. Hopefully the defense can hold, Brazil is doing a lot of attacking.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

In my bag:

Driver: Taylormade BurnerIrons: Fusion 5-AwHybrids: Idea 3i/17 deg-4i/21 degPutter: Never Compromise VoodooBall: Whatever I find, currently TP Black

What a heartbreaker...

Up 2-0 at halftime...I was going crazy when Dempsey put USA up 1-0 and then again after Donovan's goal...but Brazil dominated the second half...final score should have been 4-2...

Yeah that one goal counted. US is getting better. Soon, a lot of people wont have to be hideaway soccer fans :)

Steve "SKS" Kissinger

In the Bag:

Driver:905 - 9.5Fairway: 905 - 15 degreeIrons: MP32s 3-PWWedge: 56 and 60Putter: Teardrop TD21Bag:

Getting beat by Brazil is nothing to be ashamed of, despite being ahead at half time!

By the same token, beating Spain is something to be proud of!

I just wish you'd all call the game by it's proper name - Football!

In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

Curse those dastardly Brazilians for letting us think for 45 minutes that we could actually beat them!

Actually, I'm somewhat glad Brazil won. Once any country's national team wins an international event, that country's fans (even worse, its media) expect it to win every international event, and the scrutiny that comes when it doesn't is simply unbearable. Heck, Uruguay still believes it should be a contender on the global stage, based on a team of players who are all dead now being able to beat Brazil 60 years ago to win a World Cup where half the world was too busy recovering from World War II to show up. (All they had to do to make the finals was defeat Bolivia, because the other teams in their group couldn't afford to buy shoes!) I like U.S. Soccer's current underdog/underachiever status. It's good when we exceed expectations, but not so bad when we don't.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

USA by 2, this is going so much better then I thought it would. The US squad is really looking good right now and is able to counter a lot of Brazil attacks. Hopefully the defense can hold, Brazil is doing a lot of attacking.

You jinxed 'em man.

Oh well. The game against Spain was awesome. Jozy Altidore is going to be quite the player in a few years.

I just wish you'd all call the game by it's proper name - Football!

I would, but then it would just get confused with American football and that wastes time. :)

Steve "SKS" Kissinger

In the Bag:

Driver:905 - 9.5Fairway: 905 - 15 degreeIrons: MP32s 3-PWWedge: 56 and 60Putter: Teardrop TD21Bag:

Speaking of bad luck, I turned it on at 70:00 at 2-2 and Brazil scored what seemed like 2 seconds later. I promise to abstain from all future viewing.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Getting beat by Brazil is nothing to be ashamed of, despite being ahead at half time!

Great first half by the US; great job in goal; the sport is football--you are correct. I refer to the NFL and college games as "American football".

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

What changed from the first half to the second half?

- did USA "pucker up"?
- USA tried to go into a "defensive" mode and hold the lead, instead of continuing to attack?
- Brazil was not aggressive in the first half, and played more aggressively in the second?
- balls just bounced Brazil's way in the second?

If you had to analyze the first half versus the second, in your opinion what changed?

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

What changed from the first half to the second half?

If I analyse things, I'd say it's nothing to worry about - you were just beaten by the better team!

I had a quick look at the FIFA world rankings and Brazil are #1 with USA currently at #12 - this is a big surprise to me, as they are ahead of some pretty decent teams: http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ra...llranking.html Anyway, to compare this soccer match to a golf game is like Camillo Villegas (currently #12) being 2up up after 9 holes against Tiger (currently #1) and getting beat. I think none of use would be surprised if that happened, because we'd expect the world's best to make a fight of it...
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

All in all a great tournament showing by the US.
Ace Adair

904R 10*
I3 4 Wood 17* G5 Hybrid 22* CG-4's 4-PW Vokey Design 200 Series-- 50*, 54*, 58* G2 Anser Putter 35" ProV1 Hoofer 3 Bag "Putts get real difficult the day they hand out the money." -Lee Trevino "You are one evil, cunning woman. It's a massive turn on."--House...

anybody think the US team looked like a bunch of kids that got cut by their JV high school football team? They are obviously not our best atheletes. Can u imagine if the best US atheletes had played soccer rather than B-ball or football, (golf or swimming for that matter). Peyton Manning making a perfect corner kick to Kolbe and DWade who would each elevate at least 12" higher than the best defenders....Randy Moss and TO streaking down as midfielders...a 5'8" 160 pound Brazilian running into Troy Palomalu, Ed Reed or Jason Taylor....Lebron James in Goal...who says fantasy football ain't fun!!

Uh, no. Different sports require different skillsets. Namely, find a bulky football player and tell him to sprint back and forth the length of the field non-stop for 90 minutes, and see how he fares. There's a reason soccer players aren't ripped. You do have a valid point about height, though: the English national team's top scorer is the 6'7" Peter Crouch, for exactly the reason you mentioned.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Uh, no. Different sports require different skillsets. Namely, find a bulky football player and tell him to sprint back and forth the length of the field non-stop for 90 minutes, and see how he fares. There's a reason soccer players aren't ripped. You do have a valid point about height, though: the English national team's top scorer is the 6'7" Peter Crouch, for exactly the reason you mentioned.

Crouch isn't England's top scorer, he's decidely average.

The world rankings mean little, the USA are far from the 12th best team in the world. They're suited for the USA because they generally play such poor teams.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

Crouch isn't England's top scorer, he's decidely average.

Does that mean world rankings in any sport mean very little also? Tiger gets to play against some no-names, as does Roger Federer...but I think few of would dispute that they are both at the top of their respective sports?

Anyway, it was just meant to illustrate that the US getting beaten by Brazil is nothing at all the be ashamed of.
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood

Does that mean world rankings in any sport mean very little also? Tiger gets to play against some no-names, as does Roger Federer...but I think few of would dispute that they are both at the top of their respective sports?

No, other world rankings are based around more sound results. For example, Federer doesn't earn his ranking points by only playing players like Jonas Bjorkman as Tiger has to compete with pretty much all the top players in the world at every major.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

Anyway, to compare this soccer match to a golf game is like Camillo Villegas (currently #12) being 2up up after 9 holes against Tiger (currently #1) and getting beat.

I have to disagree. Its more like being 5 up at the turn and losing. a 2 goal lead in soccer is absolutely massive. I agree going into it we were clearly the dog, but spot us a 2 goal lead at halftime, and we should win 100 percent of the time. I don't care who we were playing. This really strikes at the issue with the US: shaky defense. We gave up quick goals in many of our games.

Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Note: This thread is 5370 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!