IGNORED

Recommendations on new irons

Note: This thread is 5374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You shoud try the Macgregor MT series which can be found fairly cheap and they have something for every type of player from SGI to blades I feel they are very underrated because they are not one of the top golf companies. There irons are just as good if not better than Titleist, Taylormade, and Callaway.

Is there a significant difference between the x-22 and x-22 tours?

In my offbrand bag....

2009 Burner Driver
2007 Burner 3-wood
2009 Burner Rescue 4-Hybrid X-20 Irons 4-PW X-forged gap wedge 52.12* CG14 Black Pearl 56.14* and 60.14* wedges White Hot Dual Rossie Putter e6+ balls

are the ping g10's too much on the GI side for me? They seem to be pretty popular

I am about the same hdcp as you and I like my G10's a lot. They are forgiving and a great feeling club. You may also want to look into the G5's if Ping is of interest to you. They will be a bit cheaper.

Driver: Rapture V2 9* | Fairway woods: Rapture V2 4w | Irons: G10 4-UW | Wedges: 56* | Putter: Redwood Anser | Ball: | Bag:

I game the G10 irons and the only thing I really dislike about them is the huge sole on the short irons. I feel like I'm chipping with a shovel sometimes.

They're not the most workable irons but that's the price you pay. I've shaved a ton of strokes off my handicap since I bought them in January...I was around a 23 when I got them. I've promised myself that I won't take them out of the bag until I'm under a 5.

In my stand bag:
9* G10 driver
904F 15* 3 wood
3-PW MP-52 irons
Burner Rescue 19* HybridSpalding 60* lob wedge Tiffany 34"Leupold GX-I rangefinderTitleist Pro V1 ball

• 1 month later...
for anyone who is interested... I ended up going with the callaway x-20's. I liked the feel of them better than any of the other clubs I tried and they were selling for a pretty good price. I got 4-PW and a used but good condition x-forged 52.12* wedge thrown in. I have hit them twice at the range and so far I am extremely pleased with my purchase. Thanks to all for the good input.

Btw I had them clubfit me and I was at standard length and lie (which makes sense since I am 5-11, 165 lbs, pretty standard swing). I went with the standard shafts which they pro said were somewhere between a typical 'regular' and 'stiff' which is probably perfect for me since I have faster than average swing speed but probably not fast enough to justify a true stiff shaft.

In my offbrand bag....

2009 Burner Driver
2007 Burner 3-wood
2009 Burner Rescue 4-Hybrid X-20 Irons 4-PW X-forged gap wedge 52.12* CG14 Black Pearl 56.14* and 60.14* wedges White Hot Dual Rossie Putter e6+ balls

Note: This thread is 5374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!