• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
masters2010

Driver shaft not stiff enough?

3 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a new FT-9 and put a diamana whiteboard 83x in it. I played an aldila 85x for the last few years so I figured this would be a good replacement. The shaft feels a little bit whippier than what I am used to with the aldila shaft and the ball tends to pull left off the tee. Granted I can still put it in play but I have to hold off on the shot. Is this an indicator that the shaft isn't stiff enough? It certainly feels less stiff than the aldila I had been playing so I'm not sure if this is the cause.

Thanks

I cant directly compare them but from my understanding the whiteboard is a very low launch and spin shaft that is quite stiff in all sections. If you dont mind giving up a half inch or so in the final club length, you could take the shaft out and tip trim it a half inch. This would make it feel overall a little stiffer. And if not, the aldila 85x can be had fairly cheap on ebay.

from my experience, left is to weak of shaft, right is too stiff
w your hcp, I would believe the shaft, not the driver....maybe!! hahah1 :)