IGNORED

Who's ready for Baseball

Ben
Note: This thread is 2822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's about time football ended, now bring on the baseball! Go Dodgers, Go Cubs.

Who are you rooting for?

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
Pittsburgh Pirates.

Baseball is the worst sport for a small-market team. I hope the Yankees continue to spend entirely too much money on busts like Giambi so they have a very, very bad 10 years (soon).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Go Cubs.

BOOOOO!!! Die hard Astros fan right here! I do think the Cubs are going to be better sans Sammy. Either way the NL Central's going to be a dogfight between Cards, Cubs, and Astros. The Dodgers should have an easy time in the NL West, right? The Padres are their only real competition. The Giants are knee deep in Balco, and the Dbacks just lost their only star, so you should be a pretty happy guy!

BOOOOO!!!

No matter how good a team the Dodgers have, the Giants somehow seem to screw us. Last year we had a 4 game lead with 4 games left vs. the Giants and we practically gave them the division... We got rid of Adrian Beltre at 3rd and Alex Cora at 2nd in the offseason. That's not so hot considering we had the best defensive infield in the majors last year. Last year was the first year since I was just a kid that I actually spent the whole year with the team, so I looking forward to spending this year too.

Asstros huh? I really like the NL Central, but they are the least of my favorite. The orginazation seems so blah to me. Nice looking stadium though. Do you go to many games? The games between the Cubs, Brewers and the Cards are great to watch. The Midwest is so neat.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I've been a big Cardinals fan my entire life, but even after last year's World Series appearance, it seem like my interest in baseball just dwindles. Of course, I'll be floating in the Pacific Ocean for 90% of the season this year anyway, so no need to get too excited about it for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes I am a dyed in the wool Yankee fan for the last 40 years.And all of you wish you had an owner that spends money on his team like George and who will do whatever it takes to put a winning team on the field.Mr Slice you in the navy?

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

• Administrator
All of us wish we were like the Yankees? Nah. I'm reading Moneyball right now because I wish more teams were like the Athletics.

Baseball is screwed up, though, because teams like the Yankees have the money while smaller market teams don't. It's crap. The A's made good, and perhaps other teams could too, but it doesn't happen enough.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have no problem with Steibrenner spending money to win. He's not the one at fault. He's playing by the rules in place. But there HAS to be a salary cap so that all teams have an equal opportunity.

And yes, I am in the Navy. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Well, I will try not to get into the Yankees situation much. My mom loves them, and it has driven me crazy for years now. I just know that spending all of that money seems to only get them in the playoffs here lately. The low income Angels and Marlins have both taken titles in the past couple years, which is refreshing for me to see anyway.

But onto the topic, I am ready for baseball season this year. I thought all the steroid talk would hurt baseball, but I think it has somehow helped baseball overall. It has definitely brought in attention, and that never hurts in this day in age.

As for my teams, I am a big Giants, Cubs, and Mariners fan. Those are my main 3 teams, but I am not a die hard fan of any of them. I pull for them when they play, but most of all, I just love October baseball. It is just a great time of year for the sport.

I think the Marlins will do very well this year if their rotation holds up, and I think the Red Sox and Yanks will once again battle it out for the AL, although the Angels will be tough as well.

One thing I would like to mention though is how weird it will be not seeing Sammy Sosa in a Cubs uniform. I have watched him play for them ever since 1993 or whatever year it was. Crazy stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
How 'bout them Dodgers!

Milton Bradley coming up with some huge at bats. Cesar Izturis with 9 HRs already. Pitching staff doing good. And the best record in the majors... so far at least...

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I think the Marlins will do very well this year if their rotation holds up,

Their pitcher, Willis, was looking awesome in yesterday's game!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 3 weeks later...
im a Braves fan. i think the braves will yet again win the division, the only problem i see is they dont score enough runs for the pitchers but i can see that changing as the season goes on. the addition of Tim Hudson and putting John Smoltz back in the starting rotation were good moves and John Smoltz wouldn't have any loses if he had run support.

the braves biggest worry i think is the marlins. they have a talented team as long as they can hold it together. Willis is starting off great but remember he started off great last year then it was all down hill.

In the Bag:

Driver: Taylormade r7 425 10.5
Woods: Taylormade Rescue Fairway #3
Irons: Taylormade Rac HT 3-PWWedges: Callaway Vintage Black 52 Top Flite 56 sandwedge Top Flite 60Putter: Taylormade Rosso Sport Marenello #2Ball: ...

im a Braves fan. i think the braves will yet again win the division, the only problem i see is they dont score enough runs for the pitchers but i can see that changing as the season goes on. the addition of Tim Hudson and putting John Smoltz back in the starting rotation were good moves and John Smoltz wouldn't have any loses if he had run support.

I agree with you that those Marlins are gonna be tough. But I'm wondering as I am a Cubs fan and you are a Braves fan which is worse getting to the playoffs every year and losing like you do - or never getting to them at all and not going thru that last season grief you must suffer with.

while the braves have won the division for the past 13 yrs i will admit it really sucks that they have only won 1 world series in that span, but i just keep my faith in them and wait till the next season

In the Bag:

Driver: Taylormade r7 425 10.5
Woods: Taylormade Rescue Fairway #3
Irons: Taylormade Rac HT 3-PWWedges: Callaway Vintage Black 52 Top Flite 56 sandwedge Top Flite 60Putter: Taylormade Rosso Sport Marenello #2Ball: ...

Note: This thread is 2822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!