IGNORED

How much does a caddie help?

Note: This thread is 3197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think you'll get the most benefit from a caddy when you are playing a course you don't know. They'll be able to tell you where to hit the ball, distances on blind shots,where the trouble is, what tier of the green you want to hit for the pin placement, etc. However, if you are playing a course you already know, then maybe the caddy could help you with reading some putts IF that caddy is good at reading greens.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think you'll get the most benefit from a caddy when you are playing a course you don't know. They'll be able to tell you where to hit the ball, distances on blind shots,where the trouble is, what tier of the green you want to hit for the pin placement, etc. However, if you are playing a course you already know, then maybe the caddy could help you with reading some putts IF that caddy is good at reading greens.

That's true, and I certainly wouldn't have a caddie on a course I really know.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

My assumption is that the caddy knows the course, knows my swing and has decent green-reading skills. I'm not sure how often he'd change my mind on a read or a club selection, probably a few, and each time that happens wouldn't result in a stroke gained. I think the key benefit to me would be reassuring that I have the proper read, proper club or that I'm aimed at the right target. I'm occasionally unsure of these things and there's nothing worse than being unsure over a shot.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Note: This thread is 3197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!