IGNORED

Was I wrong here?

Donnie_Brasco
Note: This thread is 5396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

well, still, he said his club was basically new and thats why he wanted it taken care of. and they didnt take care of it. i think its their fault.... but we all have our own opinions on how it should've been handled, and this is my opinion. his club was basically new and they scratched it up.

Understood, but I was not telling you your opinion was wrong, just giving you all the facts since you stated you didn't read the majority of the thread. Also, if you read mor you would see 1) He got upset here because not everyone agreed with his opinion - he was the one who kept saying he couldn't understand why everyone wouldn't handle it the exact same way and 2) the shaft to be installed was used, had been pulled once before and he didn't even buy it there!

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cls..

not csl

sorry that posting on poor customer service in hopes that if something like this happens to you, you would be more informed on how it can be handled..

good luck to you all..

you know how many mean things i could have said about some of you negative posters, especially the ones who made it personal, with your name calling, characterization, ect? from your hc, to your clubs, to your attitudes, to your obvious sounding jealousy?

i refuse to single any of you out..

hit them well.. and hope this never happens to you.. because if it does, I'm willing to wager you wont be so lenient on the way it was handled..

I agree to an extent with the OP. I personally would have let it go and used a demo if it had the same shaft and possible degree to the driver that got scratched unless the manager was being a butt about his mistake. but for the sake of an argument lets say a customer walks in and is looking at a new driver and it slips out of his hand and damages it just cosmetically what would the owner demand? you paying for it to be refinished or paying for it in full?

Live your life in mediocrity, I on the other hand refuse it.

Yes! If you're going to be an ass hole you're going to be a Grade-A ass hole!

But seriously... They messed up and offered to fix the club. However, stop saying you never asked for a new club. You asked for one as a loaner. You are the one who picked up the new club and said "let me use this for two weeks". You could've asked them to call the other stores. You could've showed some initiative in haggling. Instead, you made an ass out of yourself. That is according to your description, not to say anything for your responses to this thread. They did wrong, you did wrong. Two wrongs != right.

if i picked up the club 2 show him, the difference between new and used price that makes me an ahole?

why didnt he say let me call around and see if i can find you an acceptable replacement club?

why is it my job to track down a club... why would i take initiative? im the customer, wouldnt that be his job? your whole statement is ridiculous..

you are the exact person i spoke of in earlier posts..

their wrong equaled my right..

get over it..

This thread needs to be closed,

just getting out of hand now.
The sticks:
Driver: r5 10.5° Stiff N
3 wood: 980f 15°
Irons: RAC OS 4-9
Wedges: 48° & 56°, SV 60°Putter: TracyBall: NXT Tour

• Administrator
I have friends wanting to get into golf.. Who have no clubs, and money.. You think Im gonna send them there?

From where I'm sitting, they went above and beyond. Maybe they did so grumpily, but they still did. It doesn't sound like it took a ton of pushing. They didn't want to give you a brand new club as a loaner, but eventually relented and gave it to you. [sarcasm]Gee, they really suck.[/sarcasm]

I'd have said "man, that sucks, two weeks without my favorite driver." Then I'd have gotten really familiar with my 3-wood (maybe even played a tee box up), used a backup driver, taken the regular flex loaner but not hit it very much, etc. I'd not have asked for them to "demo(te)" a new club. I know what that "costs" a store. Heck, a guy at Dick's just basically screwed up my putter grip, CHARGED me for it AND the install despite his negligence in not checking to make sure he was installing the right grip (or even had it in stock) before slicing mine off, and what'd I do? I said "oh well, $9 lesson learned," I paid, and I left. I didn't demand a new putter or even that he order a $20 grip to replace the one he'd sliced off mine. I paid for his mistake. Not happily, but honestly, the $3 wasn't worth the heartache. Was two weeks without a stiff-flex driver worth the heartache some people (rightly or not) gave you in this thread? People have asked for the thread to be closed. Wish granted.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!