IGNORED

Average par 4 yardage on the Tour?

kleraudio
Note: This thread is 3637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just wondering what the average yardage for par 4's is on the PGA Tour? Im thinking around 430, but I may be way off...

Thanks!

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

Just wondering what the average yardage for par 4's is on the PGA Tour? Im thinking around 430, but I may be way off...

i would say thats about right id say between 430-450 is a good estimate

So theyve got to hit it like 280 off the tee just for a chance at par. And still thats a lengthy shot to drop in for a close birdie putt....

that why theyre pros I guess!

Jim

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Top Flite Gamer

So theyve got to hit it like 280 off the tee just for a chance at par. And still thats a lengthy shot to drop in for a close birdie putt....

yep if a guy drives 280 hes got anywhere from 140-160 depending on angle so p.w to 8 iron to th green

The average driving distance on Tour is 285. They don't have to hit it 280 off the tee to have a 'chance' at par either. Let's say the hole is 450. If they hit it 300 off the tee, they have 150 in. That's an 8 iron, 9 iron, or PW for most of the Tour players...they are deadly with a high iron/wedge in their hands. Let's say the hole is 430. If they hit it 300 off the tee, they have 130 in. That's a PW, GW, or SW, maybe LW but I highly doubt that. Once again, DEADLY when they have one of those in their hands. So, yeah, that's a 300 yard drive. A guy like Tom Watson, 59 years old, at the British was hitting it 300 off the tee...so, really, a 430 or 450 yard par 4 isn't THAT difficult for these guys.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Thats true, but i can only think of 2 guys that can rely on a 300 yard drive consistently.

But your right, 450 is nothing for these guys. When Im faced with a 430 yd par 4, im pretty much screwed. My best drives are 280 but its only like 1 in every 10 tries. Usually about 240-250. thats leaves me with like 180 in, and Im not very accurate at 180 out.....

Well said though, just something I was thinking about today.

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Top Flite Gamer

And don't forget that tour pros are MUCH better with their long irons than the average player so even if they do give themselves a longer shot in they're not in as much trouble as you or I would be.

And don't forget that tour pros are MUCH better with their long irons than the average player so even if they do give themselves a longer shot in they're not in as much trouble as you or I would be.

Yea thats definitely true as well. Id like to go see a tournament one of these days to see these guys in real life and see all the ball flights and swings up close...

I bet that would be better than any lesson you can get. Jim

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Top Flite Gamer

tiger hits his 3 wood 300 so most players are going to be fine with a 450 yard par 4.. but it really depends on the shape of the hole.. Is it a dog-leg? Up hill? Down Hill? wide open so they can try to crush the driver or tight and need to hit 3 wood? Is the fairway or greens guarded by bunkers? water?

If its just a straight away 450 yard par 4 with a wide open fairway and little trouble then its not going to be a problem for any player who is a single digit handicapper..

The average driving distance on Tour is 285. They don't have to hit it 280 off the tee to have a 'chance' at par either.

completely agree.. although the ball rolls a mile off the tee at turnberry :)

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

• 4 years later...
Note: This thread is 3637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!