IGNORED

If you are "man" enough I have a challenge

TMO
Note: This thread is 5385 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

if i did this I'd have to tee off with my pants around my ankles.. gotta play by the rules

I'm not sure if that is true. You would be teeing at the ladies tees not behind them. I think that you would be ok but if you interpret the rules otherwise then I suppose that's up to you.

T.M. O'Connell

What's in My Bag
Driver - 909 D2 9.5 degree
3 Wood - 909 F2 15.5 degreeHybrid - 909 H 19 degreeIrons - AP2 w/ Rifle 6.5Wedges - BN 60.04 & 54.11Putter - Pro Platinum Plus

I play from front tees when I want a different task. I won't use woods at all. that to me is fun. I am not good to do anything but have a fun day. And honestly that is the best part.

Bag: Ogio
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 gold stiff
3W: Pro Select 15*
Irons: Pro Select 3-PW
Wedge:Adams Tom Watson set GW, SW, LWPutter: Cleveland VP 1balls: E6+ or Srixonshoes: Adidas powerband"Stop looking at my ears and play!"Home course. Antler Creek; tees; Black 77.5/150, Gold...

Occasionally, on the 6000 yards 18 , i tee off with a 3 iron only . I guess that is pretty close to the red tee ?
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

I'm scared that I'd fall in love with being able to hit wedges in for approach shots.

On a well designed course this isn't always the case. You may just have to be more selective off the tee, but because you are hitting shorter clubs, you get into less trouble off the tee and have better approach shots.

I got to do this last month in a club tournament. We were playing a team game where one member of the team played scratch while the other 3 played a best ball, with the scores from the best ball and the scratch ball being totaled for the team score. The player who played scratch each hole was determined by individual and hole handicaps. The upshot was that they decided that for fairness, players who were over 60 (62 here) got to hit from the reds, all others played the whites. I seemed to score about the same from the reds as I usually do from the whites. Maybe I was having an off day, or maybe I just suck.... In any event the team as a whole did poorly, even though 2 of us got to take advantage of the red tees. We finished near the middle of the pack.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We play wolf, or umbrella a lot, After the first 18 we always go out for sugar (extra 9). Sometimes we play the red tees, sometimes we play cross country golf if no one is around (start on 1 tee and play to 3 green or some other green on the back nine).

Playing the red tees does tow or three things that is very good for your game. 1) The red tees make you think about and control your tee shots a lot more because you can hit it into trouble very easy. 2) The red tees make you have a lot of short pitch shots, or distances you are not used to. It tests your short game for birdies. 3) You get used to going low, making more birdies and pars. If you have never broken 80, then you might be in the mid to low 70s from the red tees. even though you are playing a short course, it tricks your mind to feel comfortable shooting way lower than you are used to. Then when you finally are getting to those lower numbers from your normal tees, you don't feel so intimidated.

Another thing we do is to play the red tees with one club and a putter. It makes you learn a lot of shots you never had to use before.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

I've played from the forward tees once while I was struggling with hitting my irons effectively off the tee on Par 3's... so I went out without my driver or woods and used an iron off of every tee. Helped out a lot since I was able to take 18 shots off of the tee with an iron rather than just 4.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

Note: This thread is 5385 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!