IGNORED

fake chinese clubs

Note: This thread is 5313 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

well its not a criminal thing cause its legal in china/japan.. and I could imagine its the same as like taylormade knock-offs here and stuff like that

Actually it IS illegal to make counterfeit clubs in China. If it says "Mizuno" on the club and it is not made by Mizuno, that is a counterfeit not a knock-off.

These people are criminals and by buying from them you support them. They are the same kind of people that used melamine in the baby formula and dog food and the same type that use cheap lead based paint in children's toys. They stay in business because there are enough SUCKERS that get conned in to believing they are getting a great deal.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What your friend has done is the same as picking up a transvestite in a bar. They may LOOK like a woman, but in the bedroom they won't PLAY like a woman.

Your friend's clubs may LOOK like Mizunos, but on the course they won't PLAY like Mizunos.

Instight XTD A30S Driver 10.5° ($69 new ebay)
Instight XTD A3OS Fairway Wood 15° ($45 new ebay)
Fybrid 19.5° ($35 new ebay)
Ci7 4-GW ($175 new Rock Bottom Golf via ebay)
53° & 58° 8620 DD wedges ($75 each new PGA Superstore) C2-DF ($35 new Rock Bottom Golf) Riley TT stand bag ($7 n...

Actually it IS illegal to make counterfeit clubs in China. If it says "Mizuno" on the club and it is not made by Mizuno, that is a counterfeit not a knock-off.

the suckers are to blame just as much as the people selling them.

What your friend has done is the same as picking up a transvestite in a bar. They may LOOK like a woman, but in the bedroom they won't PLAY like a woman.

We aren't influenced by marketing are we?

In the Bag:
Driver: R5 Draw
Fairway: Diamond Tour Turner Ablaze 3 Wood
Hybrid: R5 3 hybrid Currently for sale.
Irons: Diamond Tour Turner Ablaze Plus 3-SWPutter: Revolution Solid

We aren't influenced by marketing are we?

I don't understand why anyone would want to buy a fake club, knowing it was fake, just so they could have the "name".

For the money he spent on these, he could go to golfworks.com and have them assemble a set of Maltby clubs to his exact specs. No, he wouldn't be flashing a big name at the course, but he would own better quality clubs.

Instight XTD A30S Driver 10.5° ($69 new ebay)
Instight XTD A3OS Fairway Wood 15° ($45 new ebay)
Fybrid 19.5° ($35 new ebay)
Ci7 4-GW ($175 new Rock Bottom Golf via ebay)
53° & 58° 8620 DD wedges ($75 each new PGA Superstore) C2-DF ($35 new Rock Bottom Golf) Riley TT stand bag ($7 n...

There is no question that counterfitting, as opposed to a similar club with a different name, is illegal.

My question is for anyone who has actually purchased and used these clubs is can they actually perform or are they totally worthless as golf clubs?

EGS

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S 70 g
Burner 3 wood 15 * S
Bruner Hybrid 19* S MP-60 S300 4-PW CG 14 52*/10* TP Z 56*/12* TP Z 60*/6* Studio Select Laguna 1.5

Not sure if this means much. But she did say they have serial numbers. Couldn't you call mizuno to verify

Driver: D2 - 10.5° - Fujikura Rombax 5X07
5 Wood: R9 - 19°
Irons: Taylor Made CB
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 52°, 56°, 64°
Putter: Scotty Custom Studio Design  Balls: ProV1

They are fake... They will probably fall apart in a year and the serial number theory is long gone as it may match. They seem to be getting better at matching serial numbers so there a good chance it will match. How you could even think they are legit is crazy if that was the case everyone would buy clubs that way.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

They haven't been released yet. I don't know what would Mizuno reps tell you if you phone them about these clubs.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

Oh, one more thing; if these clubs are shipping from China, there is a great chance they won't even arrive. Keep us updated on them and get us pics if they ever arrive.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

Check out the difference in the medallion.

Driver...Ping G10 10.5* V2 High Launch

4-wood......Bobby Jones by Jesse Ortiz 2012 17*
3-4 Hybrid.......Bobby Jones Player Series 21* and 25*
Irons.........Mizuno MX-200
Wedges....Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52*, Ping Tour-W 56*, Ping Tour-S 60*....Putter-Ping Redwood Piper.....Ball-Srixon TriSpeed Tour

Good eye. Also the cut of the outline in the cavity is different.

EGS

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S 70 g
Burner 3 wood 15 * S
Bruner Hybrid 19* S MP-60 S300 4-PW CG 14 52*/10* TP Z 56*/12* TP Z 60*/6* Studio Select Laguna 1.5

I bought my brother some Callaway x-22's from a chinese site. He just started and his old irons were crap. He loves his new clubs and hits them well. I don't know when expensive clubs make a differences when you are at a certain level. So far none of his clubs have broke. Everything was wrapped and packaged in Callaway packing. They came from china from dhl in one week.

Here is a picture of one of them. You can tell by the cavity that they are not machined correctly.

10.5* Adams Super Fast 10
17*, 21* Adams Black Super Hybrid
X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

Good eye. Also the cut of the outline in the cavity is different.

Perfect example of why only a fool would buy fake clubs.

The "medallion" conceals a weight. Each weight in each club in a single set is slightly different so that the clubs match.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Any chance that they aren't actually fake? I mean, things are just cheaper in China. Most clubs are made in china already so these could be straight from the factory and just exported illegally from this company.

Yeah... JUST stolen........JUST exported illegally.....you are JUST supporting crime....... JUST black market. Nothing serious. Talk about a moral vacuum. Nothing bad. JUST stolen goods. (which they aren't, they are counterfeit)

In any case you are wrong. In more ways than one. Oh... and by the way, things that are imported into China are NOT cheaper. Things that are cheaper than their counterparts in other parts of the world are counterfeit. That's why they are cheap. They are not real. Rolex watches are cheaper in China too. Do you seriously think that an as yet unreleased Mizuno golf club could be bought cheaply in China? Shrewd business head you have on you there bro'.

Yeah... JUST stolen........JUST exported illegally.....you are JUST supporting crime....... JUST black market. Nothing serious. Talk about a moral vacuum. Nothing bad. JUST stolen goods. (

I almost hate to get started here because this a big peeve of mine, but since it is I have to comment as well. First, I agree totally with the comments from Shorty here - nice to see someone with a good moral compass. But I have one exception which is the comment above that they are counterfeit and not stolen goods. They ARE stolen goods. They are a theft of someone's intellectual property. They are a theft of millions of $$$ of research and development that culminated in a design. Counterfeit products are indeed theft. Counterfeiting products, even in China, is illegal (just not heavily enforced). Trafficking in counterfeit goods is illegal.

I have been in China a couple dozen times, and ran a company that opened two factories in China and worked with over 20 suppliers. Wandering around the markets, it is staggering the amount of nearly perfect replica clubs available. Absolutely staggering. Name a major brand, and you don't have to walk far to find someone selling it at a ridiculously low price. Want a full set of Callaway X22s, driver, FW wood, and a Callaway bag for under $100 for everything? You'll find it within 10 minutes of looking. I can point you to dozens of factories that will be glad to duplicate about anything you want. Those who think that such retail opportunities are bonafide clubs that just happen to be cheaper because they're factory direct from a China factory are naive. The major manufacturers very tightly control their production partners, distribution and shipping channels, and retail points-of-presence. Do you honestly believe that Mizuno would let someone sell yet-to-be-released new models? Really? These cheaply available clubs are either stolen from a factory (happens occasionally) or counterfeit (happens constantly). Either way, they are stolen property and you are supporting the trafficking of stolen goods through your willingness to purchase. Those who try and rationalize their purchase of counterfeit goods as being an acceptable way to get a brand name product are, I feel, highly misguided. Who are you trying to fool or impress? You know they're fake, so I assume you aren't quite so dumb as to impress yourself about your new set of Mizunos or whatever. Were you just trying to save money? Do you want the clubs because that particular design will perform better, even if fake? Are you trying to impress your playing partners into thinking you have "prestige" clubs you couldn't otherwise afford? In all of these cases, a nice set of used clubs would do the job. Instead of trying to impress someone with your flashy set of new counterfeits, how about impressing them with your integrity?

here is the link to the chinese site. i just heard back from them, she said they are authentic and not reproductions. So either she is lying, its a hell of a deal or they are some kind of rejects from the factory? They send my a pricelist of everything too. Bags are all $115

Are you completely gullible?

Of course they say they are authentic. It's called lying. There is no such thing as factory rejects form golf companies. Faulty irons are destroyed and the metal recycled.

Note: This thread is 5313 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!