IGNORED

Avoid UPS Like the Plague

Knockglock
Note: This thread is 5373 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I had football tickets shipped to me UPS 2nd air that arrived one week late. I did get a refund for the shipping cost but didnt have much luck getting Alabama and Tennesee to replay the ballgame.

Someone at the UPS sorting facility recognized the yellow Scotty Cameron box and took it home with them. You'll never see that putter.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

i prefer fedex over UPS as well. a few times UPS sent my orders to the wrong address. If thats not the case, then they always leave the item at the front door. When i purchased my MP-52 set, they left the package there for the whole day!! i would be crying if someone took it.

This is when you take the box in, tell the shipper you never got it - they file a claim with UPS, UPS does not have a signature, and you get two sets of clubs.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

I thought there might be an outside chance of getting them Saturday, but no.

First of all UPS doesnt run anything except Saturday Air on Saturday. anything Next Day, 2nd Day, 3 Day Select or Ground will not show up at your house on a Saturday even if you order Next Day Air on a friday, you wont get it until Monday. So if youre mad at UPS over not bringing them on Saturday then youre mistaken because they dont run on Saturday.

Come Tuesday, my last day off work, it seems I had the misfortune to decide to take a shower during the minute that UPS dude came to knock on my door. I get the note, call UPS. UPS person tells me they can come back tomorrow between 8-6. I won't BE there, I observe. The sole option that fits into my schedule that remains is to drive across town to pick the package up myself between 8pm and 9pm. I won't get too long winded, but what part of the UPS Customer Service manual includes the phrase, "Well THAT isn't our problem. You can pick it up at this time or we can send it back to the vendor."?

If the Package is Signature Required, it's self explanatory you have to sign for it. No matter if youre in the bathroom or at work, if youre not there to sign when UPS gets there they cannot leave your package. He leaves a notice of what time he will be there tomorrow so you can arrange to sign for it. After 3 failed delivery attempts then its sent back after they try to get in touch with you to pick it up.

I dont see where any of this is UPS' fault. The shipper is the one who makes the package require a signature, not UPS. I dont see where UPS did anything wrong in this situation.
adidas.gif AG Tour Staff Bag
taylormade.gif R9 9.5*/15*
titleist.gif ZM Forged 2-P

taylormade.gif XFT Wedges 54*/60*
taylormade.gif Corza Ghost

I've done plenty of shipping with USPS, UPS, and FedEx, and I don't believe any of them are much different from the others on average. A lot of the problems stem from local delivery offices; I think the back haul part of the service is pretty reliable. Around here, both FedEx and UPS deliveries are pretty unprofessional for residential service. I've had one (don't recall which) claim to have made a delivery attempt during a time I was sitting by the door. I've had plenty of boxes show up with superficial damage (no contents damaged, but still not something I like to see). But in other cities I've had great service from both.

In my experience their business service tends to be more professional across the board. If you have the option to ship your packages to an office, try that.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I too like Fed Ex better but UPS did just deliver my new free FT-3wood so today I like them.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Haven't ever had any problems with UPS here ... I have sold many things on ebay and my preferred method of shipping is UPS.

Whenever I have tried USPS, they treat you like dirt and seem like they all would rather be somewhere else than to be helping you. The lines are long, the service is slow.

At UPS, they are actually excited to help me, they make it easy for me to ship something, and they are always very helpful.

I think unless you actually ship something next day, or 2 day, or even 3 day ... you never really know how long it's going to take. There are many factors that could affect shipping. So pay more if you want to get something right away would be my advice.

If something is shipped regular ground ... it could take a week, it could take two. But if you pay more for 1,2,3 day shipping then they usually try a bit harder to get it to you faster.

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | Titleist Vokey Lob Wedge | Odyssey White Hot Putter | Titleist ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

As a wholesaler, we ship everyday with UPS. Home deliveries are the lowest on their priorty schedule and they do not require a signature to leave pkg. Most likely the pkg from Indiana went to the Chicago hub. I've been told most of the sorters there can't read or speak English so good luck with packages that are not processed by the auto scanner!

Someone at the UPS sorting facility recognized the yellow Scotty Cameron box and took it home with them. You'll never see that putter.

That didn't happen. You steal something as an employee of UPS you will get caught. The tracking alone will get you caught. They know almost every person that touched that package.

And then when you get caught you will be arrested by the FBI. Interstate shipments are a Federal crime. It does happen, but I've nobody gets away with it.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

As a wholesaler, we ship everyday with UPS. Home deliveries are the lowest on their priorty schedule and they do not require a signature to leave pkg. Most likely the pkg from Indiana went to the Chicago hub. I've been told most of the sorters there can't read or speak English so good luck with packages that are not processed by the auto scanner!

Most of the Chicago hub (CCHIL) is automated.

This is when you take the box in, tell the shipper you never got it - they file a claim with UPS, UPS does not have a signature, and you get two sets of clubs.

That will get you a visit from the FBI.

My employer is not perfect. If you want cheap and don't care when it gets there go with the Post Office. If you want to pay for the upcoming Fed Ex Cup, ship with Fed Ex. If you live in a zip code that is not a high crime zone the package will be discreetly put on your porch. If you know you won't be home and it is supposed to be delivered that day you can leave a note to deliver it to your neighbor. If we had to deliver to the recipient only when they were home we would never get any packages delivered. For the amount of packages we ship our time in transit is second to none. I'm part of that supply chain.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

• Administrator
And then when you get caught you will be arrested by the FBI. Interstate shipments are a Federal crime.

According to my brother-in-law (works for UPS), that only applies to the USPS because it's mail tampering or whatever. FedEx/UPS/etc. don't have quite as much government power behind them.

That said, my brother in law doesn't necessarily know much. He's just a shift manager, so who knows... I've had several FedEx and UPS things not arrive. In each instance I've alerted the shipper and they've filed claims or whatever.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5373 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!