IGNORED

Most underrated golf company?

tmf9
Note: This thread is 5186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd say Yonex gets no love in the US. Could be that Yonex clubs are harder to find these days (here in the US).

Agree with Srixon, Wilson Staff, and Bridgestone.

I love my Nickent and Adams hybrids.

I play MacGregor short irons and absolutely love them (biggest disappointment since Hogan line got taken over by Callaway)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
For wedges, Feel wedges are pretty unknown (I think), but very affordable and excellent wedges. I love mine. They hit just as well as clevelands or any other brand at half the price.

Tour Edge makes great clubs and has a lifetime warranty.

Bobby Jones makes awesome hybrids.

Driver...Ping G10 10.5* V2 High Launch

4-wood......Bobby Jones by Jesse Ortiz 2012 17*
3-4 Hybrid.......Bobby Jones Player Series 21* and 25*
Irons.........Mizuno MX-200
Wedges....Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52*, Ping Tour-W 56*, Ping Tour-S 60*....Putter-Ping Redwood Piper.....Ball-Srixon TriSpeed Tour

I'd say Yonex gets no love in the US. Could be that Yonex clubs are harder to find these days (here in the US).

I agree. Just replaced my Japanese made Yonex Driver this year with a Chinese made TM. MacGregor's story is tragic.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

My bag kinda sums it up. I like playing the stuff most people I play with don't like or never heard of. They guys I play with only know what they see in the shop. The affordability is a plus as well.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Id say wilson staff, cause it sounds like the clubs at Walmart

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

To be underrated you actually have to contribute and not just copy others. Companies like Snake Eyes don't really contribute anything and just rip off others technology. They make a good product, but they shouldn't really be rated.

So, underrated companies and why they are for me are:

Tour Edge. They've had the same fitting companies like Ping offer forever. In fact, most mid to low handicap players would be best served buying Tour Edge clubs because they are fitted as part of the cost and the cost is insanely reasonable. And they make a very good product to boot. So, they're underrated because they've been doing the fitting thing before it was cool.

Bridgestone. They make a pretty incredible and affordable golf ball in the 'e' series. The e-5+ is the only urethane ball at that price point. Great, great feel. More players should give the e-series a chance and they'd see they make a great ball that is affordable.

To be underrated you actually have to contribute and not just copy others. Companies like Snake Eyes don't really contribute anything and just rip off others technology. They make a good product, but they shouldn't really be rated.

Are you serious?

Ping introduced their colour code system for fitting irons in the early 70s. When did Tour Edge start making clubs? Was it before 1985? I'd never heard of them when I started golfing, but I recall seeing custom iron fitting stations at local proshops for name brands (including Wilson Staff, Ben Hogan, Titleist, and MacGregor) and so called no-name components.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Are you serious?

For sure, Ping was the first. In some ways Tour Edge copied this, but what I feel they did is bring that ability to the masses. They were the first to offer custom fitting for "free" to the masses. So although they didn't innovate this idea they were one of the first to adopt it and make it a priority and for the masses.

For sure, Ping was the first. In some ways Tour Edge copied this, but what I feel they did is bring that ability to the masses. They were the first to offer custom fitting for "free" to the masses. So although

I'm pretty sure even Ping wasn't the first company to offer custom fit golf clubs (e.g. length, lie, shaft flex). Tour Edge sounds like a knockoff - just perhaps a good one, like Wishon.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I'm pretty sure even Ping wasn't the first company to offer custom fit golf clubs (e.g. length, lie, shaft flex). Tour Edge sounds like a knockoff - just perhaps a good one, like Wishon.

I don't think any other companies really offered it as part of the package like Ping. Fittings and such were expensive and not part of the standard procedure. And Ping supports their fittings so if you change you can send the club back and they will re-fit it. Tour Edge does this as well I believe.

Tour Edge certainly isn't a knockoff company. There are pros on the PGA and Nationwide Tour that play them. They don't offer sponsorships or advertise much at all in order to keep costs down. Their clubs are in the Hot List. And they are renowned because of their price and custom fitting options as a standard feature. I don't own any of their clubs but I've hit their irons and drivers and liked them. the quality of their club and the fitting they offer for their price is pretty phenomenal and I'll consider them when I buy new irons in a few years.

Note: This thread is 5186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!