IGNORED

Blades and Small Cavity?

Note: This thread is 5362 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you're approaching greens with a 3-wood, golf will not be fun. That's not how guys are suppose to play this game. Move up tees. You should not be playing from tees greater than 6,000 yards or 5,500 meters.

Hi, well I play 3-4 days a week and would be willing to give them a real try.But when I go back to school. I might Play Once a week and go the range some evenings as well. How do you find your Titleist 695s?

In my X86 Bag:
Driver:909 D2Diamana Whiteboard
3 Wood: 909 F2 Diamana Whiteboard
Hybrid: 23 DegreeAldila NVS
Irons: ZB 2 Iron & 695 MB 3-PW S300s60 Degree: RAC Z TPS300Putter: iSeries(G10) AnserGolf Balls:(Practice)(Competition) Pro V1 '09

try the nike forged victory red irons ... played a couple of shots with a friend of mines' and they were awesomne.. ur distance problem shud be solved as myself using a lynx master model set hittinng my 7 iron 170 yards immediately picked up 15 yards with his irons..
go try it out

07 Burner regular flex. (my dads-doing wonders with it) :D
supersteel burner steel shaft strong 3 wood
R7 draw 5 wood
Rapture 4-pw uw. Red dot. <3
56 deg sw60 deg Cg14 white steel two ball putter penta golf shoes. =D

try the nike forged victory red irons ... played a couple of shots with a friend of mines' and they were awesomne.. ur distance problem shud be solved as myself using a lynx master model set hittinng my 7 iron 170 yards immediately picked up 15 yards with his irons..

I hit them they are lovey all right.

In my X86 Bag:
Irons: ZB 2 Iron & 695 MB 3-PW S300s60 Degree: RAC Z TPS300Putter: iSeries(G10) AnserGolf Balls:(Practice)(Competition) Pro V1 '09

what distance did u get out of them and btw i agree with the guys that your age 220 yards frm a driver is really not bad

R7 draw 5 wood

btw try out the callaway x22's as well heard they are really good

R7 draw 5 wood

what distance did u get out of them and btw i agree with the guys that your age 220 yards frm a driver is really not bad

8i 115 7 yards longer than mine

5i 145 10 yards longer than mine. My irons are 5 years old so i would say new clubface technology would give extra distance and feel.

In my X86 Bag:

they definitely would .. but go for te clubs that u can hit the easiest and the ones that give u alot of confidnce while standing over the ball.. i know its a terrible golf cliche but in a few years if u devlop your muscles u'll be ripping the ball apart ith the new technology

R7 draw 5 wood

they definitely would .. but go for te clubs that u can hit the easiest and the ones that give u alot of confidnce while standing over the ball.. i know its a terrible golf cliche but in a few years if u devlop your muscles u'll be ripping the ball apart ith the new technology

In good-player oriented clubs, there's not that much new technology. It's more about craftsmanship. I don't know what's new about a forged muscleback. It's been relatively the same for the last 50 years!

Driver= Titleist 909D3 9.5 deg
3 Wood= Titleist 909F3 15 deg
Hybrid= Adams Idea Pro Black 19 deg
Irons 3-P= Titleist 695 CB
Wedges= Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 54/10, 60/4Putter= Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5Ball= Titleist ProV1x, NXT Tour

Not that you can't hit blades, but you won't be any closer to the hole hitting MBs instead of CBs. And if you can't work the ball or control the flight at all with CBs you won't be working it how you want to with MBs.

Actually, mb's have better distance and trajectory control than cb's.

It is easier to work the ball with mb's than cb's. Mb's feel so much better when pured,,,,,okay, personal opinion.

Actually, mb's have better distance and trajectory control than cb's.

I agree they have the

potential for more workability, but 99% of 25, 20, 15, and 10 handicappers are not working the ball. A significant number of touring pros do very little working of the ball, and most of the pros who are working the ball are playing some sort of cavity back iron. I'm not saying that no one should play blades, but the majority of golfers who can't control or shape the ball flight with CBs also can't control or shape the ball flight with MBs.

You don't need blades at your age. I'm not being mean or anything, but you should be hitting the ball further. I would wait until you are older and your body has matured a bit more to get a set of blades. What you need right now is the burner irons because they are the longest on the market. Wait a few years to get some blades once you get stronger. Also, don't try to lift heavy weights until later in high school because you will stunt your growth by closing your epiphyseal plates, which will ultimately screw you in the distance area of your game. Good luck, I hope this helped!

In my Grom:
R9 460 Aldila RE-AX 60g Stiff
07' Burner 3 Wood Stiff
09' Rescue 2 and 4 Stiff
09' Burner 3-PW Superfast 85 Stiff 09' Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel and Oil Can Wedges 50,54,60SeeMore Putter Pro V1 2.0 SG 2.5

Get forged irons such as Mizuno MPs, they very good irons.

What is in my Audi golf bag:
1. Ping I15 8 degree with Fubuki

2. Miura 15 degree with Fubuki

3. Titleist 18.5 degree with Tour AD

4. Ping G15 21 degree wood

5. Ping G15 23 degree Hybrid

6. Ping S56 P-5 iron with Project X 5.5

7. Miura Wedges with Project X5.5

8. Scotty Cameron Circa 62

9. Titleist Prov1 or Z-Star

Hi guys just wondering which do you think I should get. I am a very good ball striker but my downfall is length. Can only hit my driver 205-220 yards but then again I am 13. I was eyeing up some Titleist ZM Forged but may get the new 710 Series. I am looking for irons I can work and control to get close.

If you are 13 and serious about golf even though you just started out.

Pick up some blades. Blades will accentuate any flaws in your swing and you are young enough to ingrain a naturally sound swing. Easy clubs will make it much harder for you to do this.

First off, you got some nice sticks for a 13 year old. That's awesome.

Anyway, I'd say go with more of a split cavity-back iron set. You like your Cobra's, so I'd suggest taking a look at the Cobra Pro CB irons, but honestly the list goes on and on.

You don't need blades at your age. I'm not being mean or anything, but you should be hitting the ball further. I would wait until you are older and your body has matured a bit more to get a set of blades. What you need right now is the burner irons because they are the longest on the market. Wait a few years to get some blades once you get stronger. Also, don't try to lift heavy weights until later in high school because you will stunt your growth by closing your epiphyseal plates, which will ultimately screw you in the distance area of your game. Good luck, I hope this helped!

Consistent ball striking will out score distance any day of the week. Forgiving, long irons will let swing flaws get through. It is easier to correct major flaws at 13 than at 20.

Just my opinion. I started playing when I was about 8. My dad got me blades when I was about 12. They were a nightmare at first. When I got used to making a solid swing at the ball, they changed my game forever. I now play maybe 20 rounds a year. I'd say 15 of them are in the 70s. Because I had to groove a good swing when I was young, I can hit a golf ball with very little practice consistently... on average. You think you are doing this boy a favor by telling him to get long, forgiving irons at his age... you are not. Even the carbon CBs are too forgiving for him right now.

Seems like at 13 you are going to grow out of whatever you get in a couple of years. No way would I spend $500+ on a new set of irons. I got my forged Macgregor mixed cavity/blade set for $67 used. They are mighty sweet.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

Consistent ball striking will out score distance any day of the week. Forgiving, long irons will let swing flaws get through. It is easier to correct major flaws at 13 than at 20.

That was exactaly what I was thinking. Blades are hard enough to hit but you need to put a good swing on it to hit it right and that would mean I would have to make my swing better to master them it would make me a better ballstriker.

My friend off 8 spotted I had a weak left grip today, so I changed it, it made my swing shorter and more compact ,it and hit my clubs bout 10 yards farther and making better contact. I should get my handicap down a lot I practice harder It was nice addition to my 10 yards Extra I got with my brand new 909 Driver compared to the 907 D1. P.S Shot 6 Over for the Front Nine 4 Pars 1 D.Bogey and rest Bogeys.

In my X86 Bag:

I agree with the ppl who say to get blades. I say this b/c I learned to golf back in the early 60's and thats all there was, blades. When you mis hit a 3i you felt it all the way up into your elbows. So it didn't take long to learn how to hit a 3i b/c of the pain from hands to elbows; lol, pain can be a very good teacher, okay I'm from the old school. The other benefit, as pointed out is if you don't put a good golf swing on them they don't preform and when you pure them they feel soooooooooooooooo good, which kept me coming back.

Anyway I did jr golf for 4 years and then quit golf until I was 53. When I started up again I got cb's b/c of what I had read and the salesman said. In short I didn't like them. So I bought a new combo set of MacGregor 1025 VIP V-foils. It didn't take long for me to dump the cb's and replace them with mb's. I was able to do this b/c of my jr golf experience which ingrained a good swing.

If you want to get good at golf focus on the basics, which is part of a good swing. Blades are like a high performance sports car or a really hot chick,,,,they don't put up with crap, and that is a good thing.

As a matter of fact I like the old stuff so well I play an old set of Wilson 78 Staff Tour blades 2-sw and depending on the course I'll put the 1i in the bag. And sometimes I'll go completely retro and throw the persimmons woods and an old Bulls Eye putter in the bag.Those old Wilson feel better than my Mizuno's when struck well. Don't be afraid of blades, they can be a very good friend.

Note: This thread is 5362 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!