IGNORED

My Swing (FlopScotty)

FlopScotty
Note: This thread is 5109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi guys,

Took video of my swing at the range today. Please take a look and tell me what you think.

All ball flights were high draws. Struggle with inconsistency with ball striking and flight.

What I Play:
Ping Rapture V1 9° stock UST stiff | Taylormade V-steel, 15° and 18°, UST Proforce V2 stiff | Mizuno MP-57 3-PW Project X 5.5 | Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52.08/58.12 | 35" Scotty Cameron Studio Select | Titleist Pro V1 | Leupold GX-1 Rangefinder

I've played with scratch players who would kill for a swing like that; I wouldn't make any big adjustments at all. One observation I can make is that your posture isn't quite perfect, your back could do with being a little straighter (you're hunching just a tad) but really that's all I can think of!

In the Bag:

R7 Draw, stiff Exsar FS2
F-50 3-wood, stiff Exsar FS2
F-50 5-wood, stiff Exsar FS2 MP-60 3-PW, reg TT dynamic gold MP Tour Style 54.10 and 60.09,reg TT dynamic gold Bobby Grace DCT Response, w/ golf pride "2 thumb" grip B330S

Looks like a good line but I would say you hold your finish to a point of annoyance.

DRIVER: R7 460 Draw - 10.5* R Flex 55g
WOODS Taylormade R11 15* , Big Bertha 4w
HYBRID Taylormade Burner Rescue 19*, Taylormade R11 5 Hybrid
IRONS Mizuno Mx-200 4-GW WEDGES CG14 56* PUTTER Sabertooth 34"

I know:) It's just a habit. I hold my finish almost until the ball lands.

What I Play:
Ping Rapture V1 9° stock UST stiff | Taylormade V-steel, 15° and 18°, UST Proforce V2 stiff | Mizuno MP-57 3-PW Project X 5.5 | Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52.08/58.12 | 35" Scotty Cameron Studio Select | Titleist Pro V1 | Leupold GX-1 Rangefinder

The inconsistency is probably coming from the fact that in your takeaway, you start turning with your upper body and arms, and your wrists are still at the setup position. This keeps the driver lagging behind a little bit. If you don't time it just right every time, you won't get the same results. I assume that on a bad shot, the ball goes way right most of the time?

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

(+) You have good rhythm, that's something you'll always have. Great!

(-) You need to keep your right leg braced as you need that stability in order to create torque. Your right leg sways with your backswing. You're loosing a lot of power. Fixing this will definitely help your ball-striking consistency and distance. Also, I agree that you can work on posture as well. Be tall over the ball, you need to stick your butt out and keep your back straight. Use a full-length mirror.

Driver= Titleist 909D3 9.5 deg
3 Wood= Titleist 909F3 15 deg
Hybrid= Adams Idea Pro Black 19 deg
Irons 3-P= Titleist 695 CB
Wedges= Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 54/10, 60/4Putter= Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5Ball= Titleist ProV1x, NXT Tour

• 8 months later...

New videos. Please take a look. My posture is better now. But I can not seem to keep my "tush line" no matter how hard i try. Any tips is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

What I Play:

Setup and backswing look good.
In the top video, the hips should be more open at impact (they look pretty square with the shoulders). They should be leading the way a bit more.
In the bottom video, it looks like you start the down swing with your shoulders turning, resulting in an OTT swing. Try to delay that turn until the hips have bumped and hands have started down (keeping the left arm close to the chest to start). Your downswing plane is equal or slightly above the backswing plane. It should be slightly below.

Posture is way better, awesome swing man. You must pummel the ball. But yea, you seem to come out of the swing. Its just right as your about to unleash the clubhead down to the ball, you lift up out of it.

Try this swing thought. You feel your right rotate back as you bring your swing back, your left hip needs to get that feeling going through impact. So the thought i think is pretty good is feeling your left hip going back and up, like your tucking your hip back behind you. A drill you can practice indoors, is take your stance with your butt againts the wall, then take practice swings. you want to keep your butt in contact with the wall. I find holing a golf shaft or club across my chest, with my arms crossed over it helps me mimic a golf turn, since its hard to swing a real club with a wall behind you.

If i had to critique the swing a bit. I find that you hinge your wrist pretty late. Alot of Pro's have there wrist hinged fully by the time its shoulder high, then they just turn there shoulders to 90 degrees to get to parallel. I think this will get you a little flatter, it looks like the clubhead crosses the target line at top, pointing to the right. But i would say the tush line is the most important aspect right now.

I think that will help you get your hips more pointing towards the target earlier. If i had to guess, you struggle with a hook or push right. I think its because your hands are out racing your body and you have to time the swing. But if you maintain your spine angle more, i think this will lock the club more on plain and get more lag in the swing, all you have to do is rotate to finish and not worry about unloading the hands in perfect timing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
But if you maintain your spine angle more, i think this will lock the club more on plain and get more lag in the swing, all you have to do is rotate to finish and not worry about unloading the hands in perfect timing.

Your spine changes is flex throughout the swing. I hate the term spine angle. What results can it cause? Just what we see in this video - a guy whose head translates to the right.

You need to side tilt and stand up more on the backswing - you can feel it as extending the right side of your body from your ankles to your chest too - to keep your head centered, then push the tailbone forward to add some secondary axis tilt and avoid the "early extension."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!