IGNORED

Ballpark cost for re-grip?

amcquay
Note: This thread is 5359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I called the shop this morning and they do the Multi Compounds for $8 installed, so I really wouldn't be saving anything by doing it myself. Maybe $.50/club or so depending on where I got the grips.

Man, you better take that and run. That's a very good price.

What color are you going with?

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I wanted black/yellow but they only had red, blue, or white. I went with the black/white.

That's pretty cool that you got the black and white ones. I know when I was getting mine done a while, the guy at the shop said that they had sold out of them, and they were on backorder for quite a while. I'm assuming that's because Phil uses the black and white ones. Once you get them put on, let us know how they work out for you!

-  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Do yourself a favor and learn how to regrip. It is a nice half hour bonding session with your clubs.

905R 9.5* driver
R7 15* 3-wood
G5 19* hybrid
2010 AP2 Irons 3 - PW
256-10 56* 260-04 60* Newport studio stainless 308 ProV1x ball SG5

For anyone doing it for the first time, invest in a vice. I messed up 2 grips doing it by hand on my 3 and 4 iron. Shaft tip was too fat

I did this at night, a day before a round. I was sweating bullets thinking "Oh my god! I'm not gonna have a 3 and 4 iron tomorrow!". Luckily I man handled it on there :)

Tour Burner 9.5 Aldila NV65R
MP-57 3-PW R300
588 SW 54
588 LW 60

You know what word everyone left out? Fun.. Its FUN to regrip your own clubs. And you do not need tape. Ever. I dont think so anyway. it's easier without it and makes the next regrip a lot easier too..

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

At golftown it was only $1/club + cost of the grip as long as you bought them there. I think I did my last set for around $70 or so as I didn't go overboard on the grip type i chose.

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

Just picked up the clubs, man these things feel great and look sharp. I'm looking forward to playing 18 with them Saturday, can't wait to get out there. I've got some tape and solvent on the way along with a new putter grip. I need to get some matching grips put on my woods/wedges now...

Awesome, congrats! Glad to hear you like them!

-  -  - 

You know what word everyone left out? Fun.. Its FUN to regrip your own clubs. And you do not need tape. Ever. I dont think so anyway. it's easier without it and makes the next regrip a lot easier too..

I've heard this before, but I don't think I have the stones to put a grip on without tape. How the hell does the grip adhere to the shaft?

Well youre basically stretching rubber over the shaft. It will tighten up on the shaft a lot. hahahaha.. I didnt mean it to sound like that.. but anyway.. And the solvent. depending on what kind of solvent you use its going to soften the rubber some and perhaps ??? etch the rubber a little and or create a chemical reaction with the rubber and or steel or graphite. I have both steel and graph shafts in my bag and none of my grips have tape and I've hit Hundreds of balls since my last repgrip a few weeks ago.
Try it. If it doesnt work you can just take the grip off, add tape and solvent and put the grip back on. But mone dont shift AT ALL. Tehyre still lined up perfectly.
And plus even if you screw it up and have to buy a new grip (you wont) its $6? $9 max..

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No thanks......I'll stick with using tape. So does every self-respecting club repair shop that I've ever dealt with.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!