IGNORED

Divot Tool

Note: This thread is 4445 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am trying to find a divot tool mentioned in the forum some time ago that resembled some type of gun or had a trigger mechanism to it.
Does it ring a bell for anyone??
I know I'm not being very specific but that's all I can recall about it other than the fact that it appeared to be extremely useful, easy and most of all quick.
Any help is welcomed.
Thanks

that thing is huge...but i wish more people had something like that...nothing makes me more mad than playing a course and the greens look like mine fields...for some reason, people that play the local courses here either don't know how or don't care to repair their divots...

Those marks on the greens are actually called pitch marks. A divot is created by your golf club when striking the ball from off the green with a club of some sort.

Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP60 (4-PW)
Wedges: Vokey SM 50/54/58/62
Putter: Yes! CallieBall: TM PentaHome course: DeBell Golf Club http://www.debellgolf.com/

I personally wouldn't use that thing. From the website:

"Then the second set of 4 prongs enters the turf at an angle and lifts the turf around the ball mark."

This is exactly what you *don't* want to do. You should push the edges of the ball mark straight in towards the center, parallel to the ground. Lifting up can tear the roots, which creates a dead spot.

• 2 years later...
Originally Posted by amcquay

I personally wouldn't use that thing. From the website:

"Then the second set of 4 prongs enters the turf at an angle and lifts the turf around the ball mark."

This is exactly what you *don't* want to do. You should push the edges of the ball mark straight in towards the center, parallel to the ground. Lifting up can tear the roots, which creates a dead spot.

Yes, if you would use a small divot tool. But " These prongs move from the outside of the ball mark to the inside, closing the hole . Then the second set of 4 prongs enters the turf at an angle and lifts the turf around the ball mark. The base of the tool then acts as a tamp to flatten the newly repaired area, leaving a smooth putting surface."

When you put all that together, it's a real life saver for the greenskeepers. Saves a lot of time when players don't care to repaire ball marks.

909D2 9.5 Stiff
Z-TX 3-H Stiff
Z-TX 4-PW Reg.
CG15 DSG 52 & 56
CG12 60 degree
Trinidad (CS)

Originally Posted by Volchok

Yes, if you would use a small divot tool. But "These prongs move from the outside of the ball mark to the inside, closing the hole. Then the second set of 4 prongs enters the turf at an angle and lifts the turf around the ball mark. The base of the tool then acts as a tamp to flatten the newly repaired area, leaving a smooth putting surface."

When you put all that together, it's a real life saver for the greenskeepers. Saves a lot of time when players don't care to repaire ball marks.

That's the type of tool they carry on our greens mowers maintenance carts to fix the more obvious pitch marks when they mow.  A few years ago they tried to put one of those next to the green on each par 3 hole for player's use, but after 2 were stolen (what the hell would you do with one?????), they took the other 2 away for maintenance workers.  They aren't cheap.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4445 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!