IGNORED

"Wie"tabix Women's British Open

iacas
Note: This thread is 6487 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Where will Wie finish at the 2K6 Women's British Open?

• Her first victory!
    • Top five yet again
    • Outside the top five, but she'll make the cut.
    • MC. Not "Hammer" either.

• Administrator
I'm not sure she has the game for the British type courses, but her solid all-around play will keep her in it as always. Plus she finished high last year... I'm giving her another top five finish, with a chance to win on the back nine on Sunday. Though, if I'm gonna be real specific, I think it'll be due to a Sunday mini-charge from a few groups ahead of the final twosome.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Agreed. No better than 8th or 9th.
A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

I got her in the top 5 yet again, but I think things'll be too "different" for her teenaged mind to win outright. Wouldn't be suprised to see a top 3 finish, actually.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

• Administrator
Agreed. No better than 8th or 9th.

You're not agreeing with me, actually. I think she'll finish top 5 yet again.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think she will finish just outside the top five. I'm guessing a tie for seventh or so.

It's time for Paula Creamer to win this year. Her injuries are nagging, but she is starting to get used to playing with them. Her finishes have improved over the past month or so, and she is very tough mentally. She has what it takes to win across the pond.

If I'm not mistaken, it would be her first major as well.

I would like to see Paula C win, but please Dear God, get a white golf ball!!!

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Didn't Annika just win the US Open?

it's not really "just"... it was 7/2. She one first event of the season (3/1 or something) then the US Open, no better than 5th in the last 3 events... she's due

I thinks she will be top 5. If the course allows it I think she will try to play like tiger did at the British. I think Laura Davies may make her last real run at major at this one. She is putting better, still hits the ball long, and has good creativity with recovery shots. Christie Kerr could do well also.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

You're not agreeing with me, actually. I think she'll finish top 5 yet again.

Okay. But I do think you are correct that she will find more challenge on British type courses than those here in the states. I just think that challenge will push her down the leaderboard a bit more than others obviously think.

Plus, she has been playing SO well she's due for a change -- either to win this thing or fall off form just a bit. I just think all the ingredients are present for a slight stumble. Certainly not a train wreck. Just a minor derailment.
A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

I voted top 5. I think it will come down to Annika and Karrie Webb (who has had an incredible year with 3 wins and leading the money list).

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

I think the pressure's finally getting to Wie. Look at her lose her mind during a practice round this week.

Either that, or she's a 16 year old girl that's having an insane amount of fun with this golf thing.

Top 5 again this week, strong possibility of a 1st place finish.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

...Either that, or she's a 16 year old girl that's having an insane amount of fun with this golf thing....

that's exactly what I figured - as you can hear in the the 8/1 podcast soon to be published

Note: This thread is 6487 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!