IGNORED

Walking or Cart???

Ty Haegs

Note: This thread is 3344 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you always walk, get a cart, or both

• I am a walker
    • Give me a cart
    • I enjoy both

Originally Posted by timabe

It would be cool if someone looked at all these posts and compared the average handicap of walkers to that of riders. At the courses I play, I consistently see the players walking and the hackers riding. Obviously, there are exceptions to any rule, but wheen I join a threesome of fellow walkers I am rarely disappointed in their ability or pace.

You haven't found a rule.  You've made an invalid assumption from observations flavored with your own prejudices.  I know lots of very good players who ride all the time, and I know an equal number of very poor golfers who walk.  And vice-versa.  A lot of it depends on your definition of "hacker" ( a rather defamatory term which I choose to use only on rare and extreme occasions).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3344 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo after clicking this link. For Mevo+, click this link or the image above.
    • Funny enough I had a conversation about this very thing with my doctor on Wednesday.  He said the important thing is to get the recommended vaccination. And to get the booster. In terms of the exact dates... it's iffy in so much as everyone is different. The 6 months is literally just a guideline. 
    • I had kind of moved on from his stupid vaccine comments (and some of the other things he’s said too) until he reminded me by talking about it in this article. 
    • Question - I got my second shot the last week of February, but couldn't get boosted until the middle of November, is my level of protection lower than it would've been had I been able to get all my shots within the recommended 6 month window?
    • I would love to take an Aimpoint class. I would assume that this would be done on an actual green that has varying degrees of slope, or am I wrong?. Saturday or Sunday afternoon is fine. I can put that weekend on my calendar.
    • Not to belabor the point even further but I asked a local teaching pro I know. Instead of answering directly, he suggested emailing the USGA or the N.J. State Golf Association. He said either would respond quickly. So, I emailed both, and they both responded the very next day and agreed. To quote the USGA, "Since this is a net format of play, we would not recommend using a net value like net double bogey as a maximum hole score for the purposes of the competition. We would recommend setting a fixed gross maximum hole score value for the purposes of the competition, such as double-par, 10 strokes, etc., so it is consistent for all golfers where they can discontinue play." I'm now inclined to go with that, mainly because we won't have to do anything different than we did last year nor will we have to "alert the troops" which always raises a stink.    
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Darkfrog
      Darkfrog
      (44 years old)
    2. Jrock817
      Jrock817
      (41 years old)
    3. Leonclum
      Leonclum
      (49 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...