IGNORED

Walking or Cart???

Ty Haegs
Note: This thread is 4180 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you always walk, get a cart, or both

• I am a walker
    • Give me a cart
    • I enjoy both

Just curious what the norm is for everyone on whether you only walk/cart or both. I for one usually use a cart just because I am almost always with other people. Could you imagine how slow 4 people walking and each one playing their own ball would be? Though in the few instances when I play with myself I like to walk. Reason being that I like to take my time and my score definitely reflects it.

Big Bertha Diablo Driver
Big Bertha Diablo 3 Wood
Big Bertha Diablo 5 WoodBig Bertha Diablo BallsX-18 4-SW Irons

I always walk. If I play in a charity event, where carts are required, then I tell my partner that I prefer to walk, and let him or her drive the cart around. My preference for walking is based on these factors:

1. I love the exercise, and walking 18 holes on a hilly course, like my home course, is a decent workout. There are only 2 of us who are in good enough shape to walk the course.

2. It helps my rhythm. My full swing is based on good tempo and rhythm. Walking helps me to achieve that and keep it during the course of the round.

3. Focus---I do not have to talk to anyone, so I can stay focused on the "job at hand".

4. Observe nature---we have many foxes, deer, wild turkeys, blue herons, etc. around our area in Central New York. We are the "Foothills of the Adirondacks", and we grow up with wildlife and birds.
  • Upvote 1

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Walk when I can, ride when I must...

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

Generally, if I am playing for a score (vast majority of the time), I walk using my clicgear. If it is more of a social outing (charity scramble, etc.), I may ride a cart. I selected walk in the poll because I consider myself a "walker."

I prefer to walk but there are just some courses that I play that walking would be an issue. I enjoy going to Wichita and playing with my brother as the courses there are very walkable.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Im a walker. Of the total rounds i play in a year, ill walk around 98% of them. I went to florida last winter (where walking is apparently outlawed) which dropped my average down to 98.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

You can't beat walking in the cool autumn weather! I suppose some people have to ride because they can't walk 18 holes, and I feel for them, but there is nothing like walking with a beautiful scenery.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What are these carts you speak of?

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I must be the only one whose game suffers when I walk. I'm probably the most out of shape too.

I have horrible ankles from playing sports over the years and my right knee and foot is effed from a car accident I was in. When I get home from riding 18 I still have trouble walking without a limp.

I love to walk and honestly I'll walk to my ball if I feel up to it, but I doubt I'd last 18 w/o a cart.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW
Zebra 60* SW G-Force Putter

If I wasn't so bad I would never use a cart. I enjoy the exercise and hate babysitting a cart. But with some of my errant shots it would take too long to make it through 18 if I only walked.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

I prefer to walk b/c I study in between shots. I'll use a cart only when:

1) The course is packed b/c I don't want to hold up people behind me
2) When Phoenix gets 105+. That's just too hot for me.
Cheers!

cf
Driver: 907 D2 10.5º || Fairway Woods: Viper Tour 14º & 18º || 3 - PW: 845s Oversized || Wedges: Upswing Golf 52º, 56º, 60º || Putter: Pinseeker Bombshell HS-1

I prefer to walk. Walking an 18 hole round of golf will burn approximately 900 to 1,200 calories, obviously more if you are a golfer that takes more swings and hit your ball from the rough on the right side of the fairway to the left side of the fairway. Walking 18 is a good alternative if you miss a day or two at the gym.

However, I would highly recommend a cart to those golfers that are just starting out or have a 15 handicap or higher just so that it does keep the pace of the game up. ROUNDS OVER 4.5 hours kill me!!

richieb

I prefer to ride. I'm young enough, and in pretty good shape, I just don't want to walk. I used to walk quite a bit to save money, but that isn't as big an issue for me now so I ride. Plus, the 2-3 courses I play aren't really set up for walking. There are a few spot on each course where it can be 75-100 yards from green to tee.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Im a walker. Of the total rounds i play in a year, ill walk around 98% of them. I went to florida last winter (where walking is apparently outlawed) which dropped my average down to 98.

hahaha well they don't call it "Heaven's Waiting Room" for nothing.

Big Bertha Diablo Driver
Big Bertha Diablo 3 Wood
Big Bertha Diablo 5 WoodBig Bertha Diablo BallsX-18 4-SW Irons

I walk also,i seem to play a lot better when i walk.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Note: This thread is 4180 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!