IGNORED

Footjoy Countour size help

Note: This thread is 5339 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I broke my FJ DryJoys, and needed a replacement pair of shoes to finish the season.

I had been wearing 10.5 wides, and would always get blisters on the inside of my big toes. I wore a hole through the right foot heel (low in the shoe).

I tried on a few sizes of contours, and the medium width fit me better. 10.5 seemed to have a bit too much room for the toes, so I tried on 10's Fit well, snug, and seemed great at the store.

So... I go to the course and start my round walking 18. At the turn, I had torn a dime sized hole on the outside top of my heel (achilles tendon area, just outside). Deep... I played 2 more holes and had to stop, I had an open sore. I normally don't get the rubbing on the top outside of the heel like this.

I am curious what I should do. I am thinking of returning them for 10.5's, but I don't need any extra room in the toes. would this help, or might the rubbing be from the width?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

In my bag

Driver: J33r 10.5º - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue
Fairway: 600T 5w, 7w
Irons: Golfsmith Tour Cavity 4-PW/AW/SW/LWPutter: Victoria IIBall: B330-RXGlove: WetherSofShoes: DryJoys

So I broke my FJ DryJoys, and needed a replacement pair of shoes to finish the season.

It's most likely because they are new shoes and need to be broken in.
Taylormade R9 TP 9.5*w/ Diamana Kai'li 70 S (SST PURE)
Callaway FT 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black Hybrid 20* w/ Voodoo NV8 S
MP-68 3-PW irons w/ KBS Tour X-flex (softstepped 1x)
Cleveland CG-12 52.10Cleveland CG-15 DSG 56.08 Vokey Limited Edition 60-V w/ KBS black nickel S-FlexCircle T Beached Center Shaft...

It's most likely because they are new shoes and need to be broken in.

I guess I'm just concerned because of how quickly and badly they caused a sore.

I mean, I can understand getting a blister after 18, but these made a blister, tore it open, and started wearing out the sore within 11 holes Should I just play 9 hole rounds until they are broken in, or does it seem extreme enough to exchange for a different size. Like I said, I never had this bad an issue with my 10.5 wides, but they were tough to get tight (too wide), and I would get blisters on my toes...

In my bag

Driver: J33r 10.5º - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue
Fairway: 600T 5w, 7w
Irons: Golfsmith Tour Cavity 4-PW/AW/SW/LWPutter: Victoria IIBall: B330-RXGlove: WetherSofShoes: DryJoys

A little break in might have been in order but from my experience the shoes run wide. I have two pair and I have them in medium width. I have a wide foot but the medium width in these is perfect for me. FWIW these are the best golf shoes I've EVER owned. I can't bring myself to spend the big bucks for $180-$250 shoes. They just can't be worth it compared to these.

countours are the most comfortable golf shoes i have ever wore. just break them in and they will be just fine. i have had 4 pair of contours and loved them.

Get yourself a set of Street Caps and wear them around the house all week -- that's what I do with my new golf shoes to break them in.

Street Caps

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

you should definitely consider just wearing them around hte house for 1-3 ohurs a day just breaking them in. clean the bottoms and walk around inside in an environment you arn'et putting much stress on them

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

Some models of FootJoy let you customize your "size." Thus if one foot is longer and narrower, and the other is shorter and wider, you can get a left shoe and right shoe of different sizes.

Any chance that's what you're facing, being you had blisters on just one side?

(Expect to pay a premium price for size mixing.)

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5339 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!