IGNORED

New irons

ffredrikk
Note: This thread is 5320 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm going to buy new irons. I play cobra ss-i 4-9 iron now regular flex. What type of new irons you think will fit me? Callaway x forged seems interesting Is there anyone playing them?

In the bag

g10 9
sumo 15
ss-iVokey spin milled 48 60m 52 Scotty cameron studio select

That depends on why you are changing. However, with your handicap, I should be asking you for advice on golf, not me answering you!!!

In my Callaway Warbird X stand bag:

Callaway FT-5 , regular flex
3 Wood, TaylorMade Burner 2007, regular Flex
Hybrid, Warrior Golf 19 degreeHybrid, Callaway X 3H 21 degreeIrons - Callaway X-18 4-PWSW Cleveland CG 12 60 degree, AW Cleveland CG 12 54 degree Putter - Odyssey White Hot #2Ball -...

I'm changing because I lost my 7-iron and looking for some new clubs, been playing them for a while. And a 3 iron in the set wouldn't be wrong

In the bag

g10 9
sumo 15

I'm changing because I lost my 7-iron and looking for some new clubs, been playing them for a while. And a 3 iron in the set wouldn't be wrong

i loved the nike cci forged model make sure its the forged model though.thats the best cavity back ever imo.im partial to blades though and if you would like to try them i like the titliest 690.mb and nike forged blades not the victory red ones but the older ones.

Here are two reports on the Callaway X-Forged (2009 model).

Golf Digest, which uses 3 categories for classifying irons, (SGI, GI, Players) gives them positive remarks among entrants in the Player category; brother model the X22 Tour also got positive remarks in Player category.
http://www.golfdigest.com/equipment/...tlist_irons_gi

Ralph Maltby, who uses six categories to rank clubs actually classifies the new X-Forged in Game Improvement (MPF = 621). This is actually a few point higher than the X22 Tour irons (MPF = 594). Maltby spoke positively - but did not gush - over both these irons. He advised golfers to try out both to find the differences between these clubs.
http://www.ralphmaltby.com/185

Check out these reports, and then test-hit the clubs. You have lots of shaft options... I liked the looks of the X-Forged, but I just don't have the swing for them. I hit the X22 Tour, but ended up getting used X20s (see below).

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm not qualified to answer because of your hc and I'm just getting back into the game, but there was a poll on irons and Mizuno was clearly the most popular.

Check it out here:
http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthr...ght=irons+poll
Cart Bag: AMP Xtreme
Driver: 460
3 Wood | 5 Wood: Diablo
Irons: (3-8) X18 | X Forged 9 & P
Wedges: X Forged 52 (12) | 58 (10) C-Grind Putter: Anser 4 i SeriesBall: Burner1978 - 93 - All Time Best - 84 or12 over in 1991.1994 - 2008 - Inactive2008 - Present - All Time Best 96 or 24...

Ok thanks. Are the x-forged really so hard to hit?

You have a 5 handicap. For you, it's a question of which irons you will hit

best. You could probably hit X22 Tours or X-Forged, its a matter of which you like better/ how it fits your game preferences.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think at your handicap you can play almost anything on the market so it all comes down to what you like looks wise and performance wise. If you're looking for something that is wallet-friendly I might suggest looking at the Forged Srixon I701s, they're on Edwin Watss for $400. I also heard the Mizuno MP57s are running for lower prices now that the new MP58s are out.

The Bridgestones are also worth checking. My personal favorite brands for irons would Mizuno, Srixon and Bstone hence my recommendations, but you should go hit everything and decide for yourself.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

500 bucks used??
I think this is too much considering the price of the new Srixons and the Bstones I mentioned above.
I think you could've got them new from ebay for less than that.
My achievements:

Ok but It was a great deal for me. You have to include shipping to the ebay price and my shipping for the mp60 was 21 buck. And didn't find so much lefty clubs on ebay.

In the bag

g10 9
sumo 15

Aaah, you're lefty.
It's always a hardship to find something suitable for lefties, I know.
Congrats on your new clubs, I'm sure you'll love them.
My achievements:

Note: This thread is 5320 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!