IGNORED

Big Break Disney

Duffy
Note: This thread is 3692 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just had to vent somewhere for this topic. Is it me or is Blake, of Big Break Disney Golf, doing too much with his mouth than with his clubs? I kind of let it go through the first few episodes but man, it never ends. It's kind of embarrassing if you think about it. All these calm and, of course, pressured contestants trying hard on every shot and there is one loose cannon just letting off mini shots with his mouth after every shot. He also lets it out against other contestants. For the past two episodes I heard him say (referring to Kevin) "How is he still here?" WOW...The last time I checked, Blake has just as much, if not more, inconsistent shots as Kevin did through the show so far. He got mad at Kevin this week for saying "Wow" after he had just won. WOW...lol...Everyone knows that Andrew Giuliani has a GREAT golf game. He can back his talk up with his game. I think he should keep rattling Blake. haha...I love his grin before every shot. Gipper has a bad shoulder, Kevin is slicing the ball but they're not slamming clubs and tearing up grass on the show. (okay maybe the other contestants do slam their clubs but they do it at their bag not the course's grass...lol) Blake's actions make good TV but man does it bother me. This is golf man...you should have learned to control your emotions in your double digit handicap days.

GO TONY FINAU!!! haha

----------------------------------------------------------------
What's in My Bag?
Driver - R9 460 10.5* UST Proforce V2
F Wood - SQ2 3W 15* UST Proforce V2
Hybrid - Baffler DWS 20* Fujikura SpeederIrons - Pro CB (4-PW) Project X 6.0Wedges - CG14 52* CG12 56* & CG15 DSG 60* Putter - Studio...

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see Andrew and Kevin outlast Blake and Mike, they would throw fits if it happened, I am sure.

HB

G10 Draw 13.5* 44 " Driver
K15 7 Wood
G10 28* 5 Hybrid
G10 orange dot 6I -PW
Tour W 56* SW 1/2 Craz-e i series putter 4 Under Stand Bag

I actually have played a tournament round with Blake, on a few occasions. I've seen him get sorta kinda heated once, but that was more light frustration. To see what I'm seeing on BB is something different than the Blake I know.

It's surprising to see a good golfer react the way he has. Majority of the really good golfers that I know, don't let golf get to them. They know they are good and they just keep plugging away. Very odd for someone who is at his level (I'm sure he can play even though he hasn't shown it) get THAT upset.

It's almost like that since he mentioned something to the affect that he "has a little bit of a temper" on the first show, that he now feels he has to live up to that by throwing fits.

Yes, Blake seems to be on complete monkey-tilt (pardon the poker jargon). You can practically see him exploding before he even hits the shot.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

yeah blake bagging on kevin really tripped me out... lol...
ummm blake... how did you even get past the first ep?
kevin is still there cuz he hit a few better shots than you... you can really ask why is he still there? LOL... he made the shots when it counted... whereas blake hasnt made any shot at all... its the other guys like vince choking to keep blake in... not blakes play keeping him in... blake just outright sucks and a good player has to give it away and go home
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

It's surprising to see a good golfer react the way he has. Majority of the really good golfers that I know, don't let golf get to them. They know they are good and they just keep plugging away. Very odd for someone who is at his level (I'm sure he can play even though he hasn't shown it) get THAT upset.

Good Golfer? You have got to be kidding me. He has shown nothing ! Nothing! I wouldn't share a spot with him in a foursome or on an entire course for that matter. He's dangerous and needs heavy medication and possibly restraints. If Blake ever makes it to the PGA, I'm taking up bowling!

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

I just had to vent somewhere for this topic. Is it me or is Blake, of Big Break Disney Golf, doing too much with his mouth than with his clubs? I kind of let it go through the first few episodes but man, it never ends. It's kind of embarrassing if you think about it. Blake's actions make good TV but man does it bother me. This is golf man...you should have learned to control your emotions in your double digit handicap days.

Absolutely agree, Blake is a complete jackass. If he played in my group, we'd give him a blanket party in the parking lot after the round.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Good Golfer? You have got to be kidding me. He has shown nothing ! Nothing! I wouldn't share a spot with him in a foursome or on an entire course for that matter. He's dangerous and needs heavy medication and possibly restraints. If Blake ever makes it to the PGA, I'm taking up bowling!

Obviously he's not shown any of his ability on the show. I've even posted in this thread about how terrible he's looked. The thing is that anyone can have a stretch of golf where they are playing bad. The show is only recorded over the course of two weeks. If you're not swinging your best, you're not likely to find it in a matter of two weeks especially when you cannot play and practice a lot during that time to work it out.

Adam Scott has had a terrible year where I've seen some scores from him in the 80's at times. Does that mean I'd go out and bet my paycheck against him? Not a chance. He CAN play even though he's been in a slump all year. David Duval ring a bell? Number one player in the world and almost instantly goes to not being able to break 85. Blake is an absolute headcase and doesn't have the game for the PGA Tour, but he is by most standards, a "good golfer."

maybe im mistaken but did any of these guys even make it to the second stage of q school? i didnt see any one of there names when i looked. please correct me if im wrong but whoever won. wasted a good chance.

Forget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

Sumo2 5900 9.5, ProForce V2 stiff
Diablo 3w
Baffler TWS 3h MP57 4-pw VR wedge 52.10, 56.14 TPz 60.06 Studio Style Newport 2 SG5ProV1x

I have to say, that Andrew, I think, is THE best player on the show...even though he's annoying and is cocky, its all a mindgame and maybe that's just how he is. But I miss Vince, he was my favorite!!

Obviously he's not shown any of his ability on the show. I've even posted in this thread about how terrible he's looked. The thing is that anyone can have a stretch of golf where they are playing bad. The show is only recorded over the course of two weeks. If you're not swinging your best, you're not likely to find it in a matter of two weeks especially when you cannot play and practice a lot during that time to work it out.

I agree 100% that golfers go through bad stretches. That's really not my point (even though I did say that). My problem with him is his attitude toward the game, the course and the guys he's competing against. Tiger can display a bad attitude as well and when he does, I feel the same resentment toward him. But Blake is a total ass, or he certainly behaves that way. How long do you think I would last with my buddies if I acted like that? Who would want to play with some one who has temper problems like his? I certainly wouldn't. I'd have to walk away or have him walk away.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

I agree 100% that golfers go through bad stretches. That's really not my point (even though I did say that). My problem with him is his attitude toward the game, the course and the guys he's competing against. Tiger can display a bad attitude as well and when he does, I feel the same resentment toward him. But Blake is a total ass, or he certainly behaves that way. How long do you think I would last with my buddies if I acted like that? Who would want to play with some one who has temper problems like his? I certainly wouldn't. I'd have to walk away or have him walk away.

OK then, we both agree 100% then.

His attitude is terrible. I thought the point you were making when you said:
Good Golfer? You have got to be kidding me. He has shown nothing ! Nothing!

Was that Blake wasn't a good golfer which I tried to point out that he probably is. Since your point was with his bad attitude toward the game, I agree.

+1 good point. i liked blake in the beginning because of his intesity but he's acting like an ass. im sure the editing is helping this along but with or without it anyone would probably come to the same conclusion

Forget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

Sumo2 5900 9.5, ProForce V2 stiff
Diablo 3w
Baffler TWS 3h MP57 4-pw VR wedge 52.10, 56.14 TPz 60.06 Studio Style Newport 2 SG5ProV1x

The BREAK challenge was lame. The Finau bros had an advantage over everyone else. And I'm glad to see Kevin earn his way onto the next show. I wonder if he aimed left...

How did the brothers have the advantage? They all had an opportunity to make each shot. They all got to choose a spot to see if they could be the best at the shot.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How did the brothers have the advantage? They all had an opportunity to make each shot. They all got to choose a spot to see if they could be the best at the shot.

Whoever wins from each spot got to apply another letter to the person of their choosing. They had an advantage in that if either of them won from a particular spot they knew that the other one wasn't going to give them another letter. Not a huge advantage, but an advantage nonetheless.

Note: This thread is 3692 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!