IGNORED

Best thing won at a charity tournament

moshdirtjumpr
Note: This thread is 5319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My first charity event was yesterday and ironically it was for my employer. Unfortunately, i have been having a sore muscle issue in my upper back since last week and couldn't play. I could barely hit my 9i 50 yards when I tried to practice the night before...so I don't know what prizes I missed.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

Holy cow - so how much money did you guys raised in these events for charity?

For the two tournaments I played in, one gave an "unspecified amount" to the First Tee and to an mental disability foundation and the other tournament raised about $50-60K for their scholarship fund.

I don't know how the other tournaments on here are set up, but for these two all of the giveaways were donated by companies and participants playing in the tournament. Each participant has to pay $400-500 to play (either their company or a service company usually covers this), but most companies would donate several thousand of dollars on top of that. Part of that money would then be used to purchase the prizes. I guess the idea is that the nice prizes entice more people to show up and to "out-do" each other with bigger donations and gifts, ulitmately meaning more more for the charities.

Back when I was single, I got a date with a cheerleader from a the St Louis Rams while she was working a beer cart at a charity tournament. Does that count?

I guess that depends on how the date went?

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Note: This thread is 5319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!