IGNORED

Obama money.

Danny Noonan
Note: This thread is 5454 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You keep talking about these handouts that Obama is giving out - what exactly are you talking about? - can you be specific and name a few or are you more comfortable reciting retread right wing talking points?

- DN

- DN
Sun Mountain C-130 Bag - Titanium
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

You keep talking about these handouts that Obama is giving out - what exactly are you talking about? - can you be specific and name a few or are you more comfortable reciting retread right wing talking points?

Each side of the aisle has a few points that don't mesh with the reality of that side's politicians, but make the rank-and-file supporters feel smug and superior. The left claims to care more about helping people, and the right claims to be more about self-reliance and work.

As for the Obama handouts, the two best examples I can think of are the handouts to banks and bankers, to domestic-owned auto manufacturers, and the health-plan that is little more than a giveaway to insurance companies. Of course, the outrage was far more muted when George W. Bush was implementing the same policies we've seen since then. (Causing prominent right-wing persons to care about fiscally responsible government, instead of cheer-leading the opposite, was a big reason that most registered Republicans that I know - myself included - voted for Obama)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(Causing prominent right-wing persons to care about fiscally responsible government, instead of cheer-leading the opposite, was a big reason that most registered Republicans that I know - myself included - voted for Obama)

How's that working out for you? So far it's hardly been fiscally responsible, in fact Obama make GW look like a penny pincher.

Big problem republicans had was a candidate, McCain was just too damned old and crusty, besides he came off as a hot head. He was the worst candidate selected since Kerry. I hope one of the prominent republicans under 90 yeasr old steps up to the plate without baggage, he'll win it hands down. Obama is four and out and by that time our current congress will likely be switch back to where it should be.

Obama is four and out and by that time our current congress will likely be switch back to where it should be.

I sure hope so.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Big problem republicans had was a candidate, McCain was just too damned old and crusty, besides he came off as a hot head. He was the worst candidate selected since Kerry.

To be fair on McCain, saying he's the worst candidate selected since Kerry is like saying today is the worst day since yesterday.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Each side of the aisle has a few points that don't mesh with the reality of that side's politicians, but make the rank-and-file supporters feel smug and superior. The left claims to care more about helping people, and the right claims to be more about self-reliance and work.

There is this perception though, advanced by certain media people and news outlets - that Obama is out to give handouts to poor people. I think that was the point of the original poster who linked that clip of regular folk on the radio in Detroit thinking they are getting govt money.

The fact though is that if you look at Obama's policies and what he has done so far - he hasn't given a hand out to poor people or those who dont work - he gave billions to bankers, the auto companies and is about to give more money to the insurance companies. Yet when I see people making these posts about people who dont work getting handouts from the govt - they are either misinformed or have some other issues that are preventing them from seeing what Obama has been doing lately clearly. The bottom line is that both republicans and democrats are in the pocket of whatever big business lobby opens their wallets - if you look at the people who basically put Bush in power - religious social conservatives, evangelicals etc. - did Bush give them what they want? Is there a gay marriage ban amendment in the constitution? is prayer allowed in schools? is abortion illegal? the answer to each is no - Bush didn't spend time worrying about those things his "base" wanted - he spent his time shifting government money to corporations his friends controlled. I think Obama is pretty much going to do the same thing - he said a lot of things progressives and liberals want to hear - but he hasn't come through on any of the important things hes promised thus far. I think its funny when people get worked up about Obama when hes so middle of the road.

Driver: '09 Burner
3Wood: Burner
Hybrids: 3 hybrid and Austads Pickle 26 degree
Irons: Rac os2 PW-4
Wedges: Vokey 48, 52 and 56 degreePutter: RossaBag: Sasquatch TourPushcart: 2.0Ball: Prov1 GPS: freecaddie software running on cellphone

There is this perception though, advanced by certain media people and news outlets - that Obama is out to give handouts to poor people. I think that was the point of the original poster who linked that clip of regular folk on the radio in Detroit thinking they are getting govt money.

Good point. The relationship between Washington and big business is a major reason why I don't like Republicans

or Democrats. In my opinion, there is a huge disconnect between the American government and real American people right now, and that is a major problem. Here's a story about a small brewery in a legal battle with Monster that illustrates my point (indirectly, I admit), and the great thing about this story is that with the support of many Americans Rock Art Brewery won!
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

Let's take a look at what I said (and that ND Fan was referencing) before I respond:

(Causing prominent right-wing persons to care about fiscally responsible government, instead of cheer-leading the opposite, was a big reason that most registered Republicans that I know - myself included - voted for Obama)

The response:

How's that working out for you? So far it's hardly been fiscally responsible, in fact Obama make GW look like a penny pincher.

It's working out fantastic. We're seeing protests, albeit Astroturf ones, against irresponsible government spending. All of a sudden, it has become appropriate again, instead of being considered treason, to criticize the government.

I haven't seen any reason to believe Obama is making GW look like a penny-pincher. If anything, it looks like he might be cutting down some horribly expensive (and otherwise horrible) programs from the Bush era. He's already cut funding to some of the smaller ones.
Big problem republicans had was a candidate, McCain was just too damned old and crusty, besides he came off as a hot head. He was the worst candidate selected since Kerry. I hope one of the prominent republicans under 90 yeasr old steps up to the plate without baggage, he'll win it hands down. Obama is four and out and by that time our current congress will likely be switch back to where it should be.

My own personal-level issues with McCain aside, he wasn't that bad as a candidate. For practical purposes, he was probably one of the best Republicans for responsible government. But I knew that, even in office, he wouldn't be anywhere near a responsible spender. For starters, I doubt he'd veto overgrown spending anymore than either of the Bushes or Reagan, all of whom were very eager to sign bloated budgets.

And then he picked a running mate from the part of the party that puts the worst of the Democrats to shame when it comes to big spending on bad programs. When Biden was announced as Obama's VP, I figured I'd sit out the election: Obama didn't give me anything to make me want his ticket (I'm not entirely sure what I was expecting. An Obama/Fred Thompson ticket seemed horribly unlikely), but I didn't think McCain would pick someone so bad that I'd be ready to vote Democrat. A week later, I realized that I was going to vote. I'm not sure who the Republicans could nominate to fix these problems, but I guess I'll take a look when the primaries come around. Then again, I don't think too many Democrats outside of Illinois (and maybe Hawaii) knew who Obama was five years ago. And, let's face it, a sizable fraction of the Republican party hates - with considerable passion - the Barry Goldwater types, while more and more Democrats seem to be accepting of him.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5454 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!