IGNORED

Footjoy Wintersof

Note: This thread is 5305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.footjoy.com/catalog/productview.asp?c=46
Anybody ever try these gloves? Its starting to get cold here in Wisconsin (yesterday I played in 45* temps with a 20 mph wind and light rain and I froze my you know what off) and I intend to go to the driving range all winter long, so Im thinking these might be a good idea.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I am from North Dakota so I know the type of weather you are dealing with. I have a pair of these gloves. They are great. They keep you hands warm and aren't too bulky. They do take a little time to get use to.

I have a pair but never have been able to keep them on. Just too odd.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

I tried them and didn't like them for swinging. I bought a pair of big mittens that attach to the handle of my push cart with velcro. I slide my hands in them and they stay nice and warm, and then pull them out to hit a shot, and then slide them back in. I just wear my normal glove to hit the shot.

Here they are:

http://www.golftown.com/gtcommerce/s...P6293C303.aspx

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

For me these are too thick; I use the footjoy rain gloves in cold weather (rainsoft; I think they are called)... not as thick; retains better feel IMO... of course I live in Texas, so I'm not dealining with what you are.

Snowman0157

I think Im going to give the Wintersofs a try. They are only $22 a pair, so its not as if Im out much money if I dont like them.
Ive seen those cart mittens, but I dont think they would work for my intended use.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

i play the footjoy weathersof GTX when it's winter and they still provide good feel since i don't want to throw away my titleist players after one rainy round. I just use cotton gloves that i wear and take them off everytime I swing.

Under Armour coldgear gloves are a little hard to find and expensive at retail ($30) but are remarkably thin for a winter glove. I have also used Mizuno Thermagrips, which were good for grip (especially in wet weather) though they're a little thicker.

For 45 degrees and rainy, a pair of rain gloves might also do the trick by keeping your hands dry and keeping the wind off of them but without adding too much bulk. FJ weathersof are decent; personally, I like Mizuno Rainfits better for that purpose.

WITB:
Driver:  ping.gif Anser 9.5°  | Fairway:    XCG5 15° 
Hybrid:   XCG5 19°  | Irons:  mizuno.gif JPX-825 4-GW
Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP R-12 56°, 60°
Putter:  ping.gif Grayhawk TR

Ive considered the Mizuno Thermagrip as well, but its a bit hard to find in my area.

Note: This thread is 5305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!