IGNORED

Wolf Creek Advice Wanted

Jcp907
Note: This thread is 5439 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mods-sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I figured this is specific to Wolf Creek so this was the place to put it. Please move it if I made a mistake.

I have an 11.40 AM tee time tomorrow at Wolf Creek! I currently play to a 13.7 Handicap on courses that are 68-70 rating and 125 or so slope and are in Florida. I will play from the white tee boxes.

If anyone has any course management advice, please share it!

Also, what would you expect to see distance wise from the altitude? Anything significant? 10% added? Less, more?

I am stoked!

Jay

In the bag:
Driver: Rapture V2, 9 degree, stiff shaft
Fairway Woods: X-Hot 3 wood
Hybrid: 3H
Irons: J36 PC 4-PW Project X 6.0 Shafts, FlightedWedges: CG14, 50 54 and 58 degree Putter: Guerin Rife 2 Bar with Winn grip B330S Pro V1x

Mods-sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I figured this is specific to Wolf Creek so this was the place to put it. Please move it if I made a mistake.

As long as you dont play the tips, the course is very manageable. Like most desert courses, its target golf. Only piece of advice is keep the ball on the golf course. From the fairway, the course isn't that tough. Impact of altitude will depend on your ball flight, more impact on higher shots. To start with, i'd adjust 5-7%.
Bag: Three Five Yellow
Driver: 905R 9.5 Degree, Fujikawa Shaft Shift
3-Wood: Sumo2 15 degree
Hybrids 19 and 21 degree
Irons tour x-20 (5-PW)Wedges vokey 52.08,56.14, 60.04Putter circa 62 #1: Pro V1Where I usually play: Rush Creek

Thanks for the reply, 5% it is. Positive thinking...fairways and greens...fairways and greens...

In the bag:
Driver: Rapture V2, 9 degree, stiff shaft
Fairway Woods: X-Hot 3 wood
Hybrid: 3H
Irons: J36 PC 4-PW Project X 6.0 Shafts, FlightedWedges: CG14, 50 54 and 58 degree Putter: Guerin Rife 2 Bar with Winn grip B330S Pro V1x

Take a deep breath on the first green, cause you're in for an amazing experience. Honestly, I'd take it back another tee box. Some of the most spectacular views are from one tee further back. I played here in the spring and it was incredible. To this day I don't know if it was the best course I've ever played or the worst, but it's absolutely the most unique. I spent at least the first 9 holes just gawking over the views and forgetting I was there to play golf. I'm not normally bothered by heights, but there were a few tee boxes that are so small and steep that I did feel a tinge of a panic attack coming on, so if that's something that might bother you, consider not going to the highest tees, even for just a view. I also found that it was disorienting at points due to the huge elevation changes.

More than anything, enjoy the experience. I get quite a bit of tunnel vision on the course and lock inon targets, but I'm glad this was one I didn't worry too much about my score and took it all in. I'm never one for taking pictures on the course, but I didn't hesitate that day.

As for advice -- what look like giant rock walls that will spit your ball out, are actually some sort of sand and if you hit in there, you're done. But more than anything, just enjoy it. Not sure how often you'll get to play a place like that, so don't get angry if it takes an hour to play the first 3 holes, don't question why there's a blind par 3 straight up a hill, and don't get too wrapped up in your score. I'm betting the first 5 things you'll remember a year later won't include how many over par you were. At least they don't for me.

Driver: Nike Covert Tour | 3W: Callaway X Hot Pro | Irons: Mizuno JPX-800 Pro X100 SS | Wedges: Vokey SM 54-08, Vokey Raw 60-12 | Putter (of the week): Arnold Palmer "The Original" 33"

Note: This thread is 5439 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!