IGNORED

Kind of a Poll - Read the First Post - What's the "Tilt" in Stack and "Tilt"?

iacas
Note: This thread is 5295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The "tilt' is the groove you get into reaching for cold beer in the cooler on the back nine,after 8 on the front. The "stack" is your beer cans,waiting for a trash can. Seriously,how many "stack and tilt" pros do you see on the weekend, commercials excluded??????

Seriously,how many "stack and tilt" pros do you see on the weekend, commercials excluded??????

Seriously...5-10 or so every weekend...commercials excluded...thanks for asking.

David Wedzik
Director of Instruction, Golf Evolution

LOWEST SCORE WINS! <- Check it out!!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The tilt is the shoulder/arm motion throughout the swing.

My answer is probably wrong--don't know much about S&T.;

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Tilt refers to the spine angle. I'm not sure how all the spine angle dynamics play out in S&T;, however.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

OK, now it's time for my response.

Wow !! Nice post explaining the S&T.; But it is not fair that you asked us for the very first thing that came to our minds to define it. Most of us just summarized it in one phrase following your instructions....

So, in one phrase... what is S&T; to you?

Please don´t swing while I´m talking !!

What it means to me is...

meaningless crap. Every few years somebody comes out with the latest and greatest thing. 5 years from now no one will remeber or hear much about stack and tilt. It's bee that way in golf forever.

I honestly have no idea. Quite frankly I don't really care.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

• Administrator
Wow!! Nice post explaining the S&T.....; So, in one phrase... what is S&T; to you?

Didn't I just answer it? You said I explained it - or this part of it. So, I'm done...

But it is not fair that you asked us for the very first thing that came to our minds to define it. Most of us just summarized it in one phrase following your instructions....

"Not fair"? It was an exercise. I was mildly interested in the results because I thought a lot of people were still under the impression that golfers were tilting towards the target a lot on the backswing (and fewer thought that "tilt" meant "towards the ball"). Maybe some of those people know more now.

Also, I didn't as you to summarize it one phrase. I said "To the best of your ability, how would you describe what "tilt" in "Stack and Tilt" means?" There are no limits on that. If someone wanted to write. I'm comfortable with my understanding of S&T.; For an in-depth discussion we have another thread if you're interested. If you're not, it can end here for you if you'd like.
meaningless crap. Every few years somebody comes out with the latest and greatest thing. 5 years from now no one will remeber or hear much about stack and tilt. It's bee that way in golf forever.

It's already been three years, they've put a DVD out, and now a book is coming. They teach more players on Tour than anyone else, and one of their students just shot the all-time best 36 hole score in the history of the PGA Tour.

How much would you care to bet we won't be hearing about it in two more years? In other words, knock off the trolling. It's pointless and lame.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What it means to me is...

And oh btw...the GD article came out 2+ years ago...Mike and Andy have been teaching this model or major parts of it for longer than 5 years already...I guess if someone had said, "5 years from now know one will remember", 5 years ago that person would have been wrong.

Dave

David Wedzik
Director of Instruction, Golf Evolution

LOWEST SCORE WINS! <- Check it out!!!

Regardless of if you model your swing after a classic swing, the modern swing, or stack and tilt there is something to be learned from what is taught in S&T.; I would guess that most people don't use there weight well and taking some of that movement out will instantly make them more consistant. I don't have the time or money to really go through a big swing change but I know I am a better wedge player than mid iron player and the one thought I have when I am playing well is just stay on top of the ball hit down on it. I hit the ball plenty far with this method and should (wish it was just that easy) to use that same swing for every iron in my bag because I have a better impact condition taking a good divot.

Brian

Note: This thread is 5295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!