IGNORED

Mizuno Paint?

MizunoPlayer
Note: This thread is 5274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Good evening everyone, the paint on the back of my Mizuno irons that fill in the word "Mizuno" is coming off on some parts. I'm just curious if there's a certain type of paint one could use to fill that in or not. Thanks for any suggestions!

MP-37s 2-PW (S-300 shafts)
R5 Dual 7.5* (VistaPro 70 S)
Original Steelhead 3 wood (VistaPro 80 S)
56* MP "T" Series Black Nickel
52* MP Series Raw Black Oxide Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1 X

I, too, would be interested in the answer. The roadrunner in my 56° is just about gone

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You could go to any auto parts store and buy a touch up paint kit. It comes with a very fine brush that if you are careful would allow you to fill in the lettering on the clubhead.
I highly doubt that Mizuno uses any kind of special "golf club" paint.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I'm not sure if this is something you'd like to do but there's a company that will refinish your clubs all around including the lettering. They do gunmetal, satin chrome, and any color lettering you'd like.

I love my mp67's so much I've been thinking about doing this.

http://restorationgolf.com/refinished-irons.aspx

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

I might go the route of grabbing some blue touch up paint. It would be nice to get them refinished, but I like looking down and seeing a dime sized spot worn out on the sweet spot. Although those MP-33s look kind of cool though.

52* MP Series Raw Black Oxide Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1 X

All of the paint fill has come off of most of my MP32's (numbers on the bottom). The "mizuno" on the side is still in tact though. I actually like the look of the irons without the paint fill and am thinking of scratching what's left, out.

My 2 iron has no paint in the word at all so if you want, I can post up a picture to give you an idea of what it would look like.

Sure, post a pic if you can.

These were the best I could get:

Thanks! Yeah, I really like how they look without fill.

BTW: for future reference, most cameras have a macro setting (flower-like icon) for close up pics. You can also turn your flash off so it doesn't reflect and give you the glare. If the flash is off, you'll have to hold the camera extra still though or it will be blurry. Hope that helps.

Thanks! Yeah, I really like how they look without fill.

I had the flash off. Let me go try this macro thing and see if I can get something a little more clear.

Oh really? That's weird. Really looks like it was on. Maybe you had a light behind you or something? Anyway, yeah, let me know don't have any luck.

This is with macros:

Oh yeah, much clearer. Thanks for posting those!

No problem man!

Nice work with the macro and proper focus in the later shots. Good to see that the clubs look just great with the paint gone from the lettering. I won't mind a bit if it happens to mine as well.

One of those things that gets better with age ......

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Nice work with the macro and proper focus in the later shots. Good to see that the clubs look just great with the paint gone from the lettering. I won't mind a bit if it happens to mine as well.

The more I think about it, the more I want to just leave them alone. I don't think it's worth my time to do that because the paint will just come right off again. Plus, the clubs have character now!

I custom painted my MP-33s with red tester's paint. You can find it in most hobby shops. If you want to leave it alone with the chrome look, I recommend just cleaning out some of the leftover paint fillings with acetone. It'll clear it right up. After that, you can decide whether or not to paint over it. Eitherway, it looks great!

Driver:  R11S 10.5°, Fairway Woods:  909 F2 15.5°, Hybrid:  G10 21°

Irons:  Tour Preferred MC 4-P, Wedges:  Vokey SM 52.08, 56.10, 60.04

Putter:  Tei3 Newport II / Circa 62 #3, Ball:  Pro V1X / NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 5274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!